Wilderness Lodge Cabins

mollyhan

Mouseketeer
We have a trip booked for this April. However we started looking into the cabins. What is the cost for golf cart rentals and am I too late to rent??

We have a trip booked for this April. However we started looking into the cabins. What is the cost for golf cart rentals and am I too late to rent??

There is no such thing as Wilderness Lodge Cabins.
The cabins are at Fort Wilderness - a campground and a totally separate resort. They are relatively close to each other, but a totally different experience. Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe hotel with a northwestern theme.
Fort Wilderness is a lovely campground with an ourdoorsy theme.
HTH

You might be able to find your answer on the camping board. There are many knowledgeable folk there who know the ins and outs of Fort Wilderness. Have a great trip!

We just returned from the FW cabins!! I soooo love them!

However we did not rent a golf cart but I can tell you they are $63.54 a night and that is NOT a 24 hr period. I had asked when we checked in, was hoping to rent a cart from the afternoon until the next afternoon, doesn't work that way, would have to pay for another day if we wanted to do that, (it's really by the night like the room/cabin).

We always rented them during our previous stay but I needed to be a little frugal with this trip which worked out just fine. There were plenty available if I did want one at check-in without reserving it ahead of time. I'm sure it depends on the time of year as this is still off-peak. But, if you want to reserve one now for April I'm sure you'll be fine. They are fun to have, but just adds a fairly large amount onto the nightly rate if you think about it that way. The bus system worked fine for us but we missed our scenic cart rides through the loops.

I think I read that there are offsite vendors for golf carts that will deliver to Fort Wilderness, and they are a better price. Definitely check out the camping/Fort Wilderness threads.

Op - no biggie on the name oops. It's easy to get the names mixed up on the two 'Wilderness' resorts...:goodvibes

To answer your question - like pp stated, FW charges $60+ per night. Try giving Kenny at Tee Time Golf Carts a call. He only charged us $220 for 7d/8n. They now have a website.

We have rented both on/offsite - and offsite is the way to go. For us, not only were the FW carts expensive, some of the recreation CMs we encountered were beyond unprofessional. Kenny is professional and makes the process hassle-free. Professional and affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter