Wilderness lodge activities for Non WDW guests

Fozzie

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Well, we're down to only 5 weeks to go before our big trip. :cool1: It's been a year in the making but now that it's almost here, we're finalising our plans and itinerary.

What we are trying to find out is if you have to be a guest at WDW in order to enjoy the campfire sing a long :rolleyes1 at Wilderness Lodge, or if it is possible to show up and purchase entry?

If anybody knows the answer to this, we'd be most grateful if you could help us out.

Thanks,

The Fozzies.

I'm just popping this over to the UK Trip Planning Boards, where I hope you'll get lots of help :)

I've been to the campfire sing a long the last two trips and even though we were staying on site there's nothing to stop off siters enjoying it too. Its quite complicated to get to though, you'll presumably park in the main car park then you have to take a bus to the stop nearest the camp fire (I'm sorry I can't remember which bus but the drivers are very helpful) then you have to walk a little way through the woods. Its great fun, enjoy!

Isn't the Camp Fire at Fort Wilderness not Wilderness Lodge??

Claire ;)

Yes. The Camp fire is at the Wilderness Camp ground.

Like already mentioned there is no admission charge the difficult part is finding it, but the bus drivers at the camp ground are very helpful and will direct you.

If you’re feeling adventurous an other option is to park at the Transportation Centre (Magic Kingdom car park) and take either the monorail or ferry across to the Magic Kingdom and pick up the boat that goes to the Wilderness Lodge and Wilderness Camp ground. Once at the Camp ground you will need to catch a bus that will drop you near the camp fire.

We found the Camp fire to be great fun, you can also purchase and toast marshmallows on the camp fire. Don’t forget your insect repellent we got bit to death when we went and that was after using insect repellent.

If you take this option you will have to check the closing time for MK as you won’t want to miss the last boat back!

Other resorts do the camp fire thing too.

We went on Haloween last year to the one at POR.

DS got absolutely covered in molten marshmallow and chocolate.
The small amount of both that didn't make it to the pudding
shute went an awful long way on him.

:) Chris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter