• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wild Women's Weekend~April 23-27, 2009!

Wild women's weekend~who's up for it?

• When do I start packing?

• Sounds good. I may be in.

• No, thanks.

• I'm a guy. Can I come in drag?

• I'm a guy & there's no way I'm checking the last option.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm committed to an 18th Century Living History event up in Illinois the weekend before that, so I don't think I"ll be feeling very "wild" that soon afterwards.

But...if you were to change the date to another month....count me IN!

Carol/Wunderwoman

darn if it were earlier I'd be in...April is already too hot for me in Fla....ya'll have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too hot?? I think April is beautiful in Florida! One of my favorite months! :goodvibes

I might just have to go ahead and make reservations. :cutie:

Too hot?? I think April is beautiful in Florida! One of my favorite months! :goodvibes

I might just have to go ahead and make reservations. :cutie:

yeah sadly i suffer from a rare disorder that makes me extremely heat sensitive...makes me actually allergic to heat....when I get in temps above 80ish I feel like I've walked into a hive of bees and they are all stinging me...its called cholergenic utacartia (sp) I went to an allergist many years ago and was told there is nothing I can do about it....PITA!!!!! so I only go to WDW in cooler months...Oct. is pushing it...April is pushing itMay- Sept....no more...i tried it again to make sure last June...got puking sick!!!i lasted half a day and was sick for 2 days after...not gonna do that again:mad: ....for a gal who loves the outdoors with a passion.....it stinks to be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But i've learned to survive....ever walk around with a wet T shirt all day??? lol wet hat!! if I MUST be out that is what I do to deal lol....makes bad hair day mild indeed!

Hey all you wild women ~ I'll be arriving at the fort on the 19th ~ any chance of meeting even though it will be the last day of the gathering? I'd love to have the chance to meet with you all. (I promise to leave the DH and Dkids at our camper, lol)

This sounds like so much fun!!! Are you all staying at the Fort? Do you have room for one more? My DH would love to be able to stay home while I went to WDW!!! :rotfl:

Hey all you wild women ~ I'll be arriving at the fort on the 19th ~ any chance of meeting even though it will be the last day of the gathering? I'd love to have the chance to meet with you all. (I promise to leave the DH and Dkids at our camper, lol)

I'd stay longer to meet you!:goodvibes

This sounds like so much fun!!! Are you all staying at the Fort? Do you have room for one more? My DH would love to be able to stay home while I went to WDW!!! :rotfl:

Heck yeah, girl! Come on!

We're actually not leaving until the 20th.

Carol

I'm moving to the Orlando area soon (from Jersey) so I will definitely be there. I can't wait to meet everyone.

How is the weather in April compared to Oct? Anyone know? I have been trying to figure out how I could still be apart of the fun since we are going in Oct. (we only get to go once a year) But, with how slow things are going with Jim we were thinking of maybe waiting and going down in April so that I can join you all. I'm just curious about the weather then. We went the first week in March before and that was nice, December was nice, Oct. was ok, a bit hot this past year though. Also, has anyone done the Pirates and Princess Party?

It was kinda hot when we were there this past April. Not miserable though. Beware of the spring break crowds. Around here schools are closed at Easter for spring break so since Easter was in March i didn't even think about it.

How is the weather in April compared to Oct? Anyone know? I have been trying to figure out how I could still be apart of the fun since we are going in Oct. (we only get to go once a year) But, with how slow things are going with Jim we were thinking of maybe waiting and going down in April so that I can join you all. I'm just curious about the weather then. We went the first week in March before and that was nice, December was nice, Oct. was ok, a bit hot this past year though. Also, has anyone done the Pirates and Princess Party?

The P&PP is fantabulous, great parade, great fireworks, great time dressing up, low crowds. The booty was ok, it was Mardi Gras type beads, they also use to have treasure [gold wrapped chocolate coins] but no more.

Just curious - How do you think the crowd levels are going to be the week after Easter? :confused3 I've never gone around a holiday before.

I'd be interested in coming however the dates that I was planning on going was the 18th thru the 25th (its my schools vacation time and I was going to be going down for a solo trip and tent camp for the first time at the fort)

Jill

I'd be interested in coming however the dates that I was planning on going was the 18th thru the 25th (its my schools vacation time and I was going to be going down for a solo trip and tent camp for the first time at the fort)

Jill

Actually, the dates have been changed. They are the April 23rd - 27th. Alot of folks come before and after. The previous weekend was still in Holiday season, so we moved it further away from Easter.

Ami should be putting up a new post with the revised dates soon!!

Is it official?? When did the dates change?? We'll be there the 19th through the 27th, and we're very much looking forward to meeting everyone!
Carol ~ we REALLY need to have a couple or twelve frozen mudslides! :)
And Ami ~ although I'm not a wine drinker, I'd love to have a glass of Imagine Chardonnay with you!

Ami and myself, plus from responses we got in another thread decided in chat the other night that we should change the dates to get it away from Holiday season.

I contacted Rhonda yesterday about changing my reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter