Wild Turkeys and Dancing Banana Heads Cruise 11/25/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
100_0425.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?

Hi everyone,

I'm so bummed I didn't get to meet everyone! I was only able to meet a handful of you guys...and I was extremely bummed that I missed the official meet and greet (once we went to the room to put Madison to nap, we all fell asleep with her and didn't wake up until it was almost time for the drill!!!)...but it seems like you all had a great time!

It was great to meet some of you though, you guys are a fun bunch and so sweet! I wish I had taken more photos!

Shell:: Thank you for setting it all up and I hope the gift thing was ok, it wasn't much to choose from of NYC, but I sent Jay to pick up the stuff, so blame him if they were crummy! ;) Sorry I missed the gift swap and the meet! Thanks for the magnet and it was so much fun meeting you guys.

Kathy:: You are super sweet you know that? Thank you for the well wishes and the card...I wish we had the chance to say bye, but we'll definitely keep in touch, thank you for letting me know about the meet in the first place! I hope you're feeling better! :grouphug:

Lynn:: I'm so bummed we didn't get to meet!!! I was so hoping to meet you guys and Drew! I think Drew and Madison would have had a blast together. We only took her to the pool a couple of times, she had alot of fun, until she slipped and bumped her nose on the side of Mickey's ear, :guilty: , but other than that she loved the water! Maybe sometime in the future we can meet up, we go visit Jay's family often and we gotta pass your town to get upstate, maybe we can meet up then and the kids can play! :thumbsup2 Oh, and I'm soooo sorry to hear about your grandmother! Big hugs to you babe. :grouphug:

YippySkippy:: Patrick is a freakin' doll...omg...talk about handsome? Pfftt...he's gonna have them chasing after him! I wish Patrick all the success in his tap dance talent!!! Can't wait to hear more about it! It was great to have met you guys, email me the pics. if you get a chance.

Jan and Cheri, it was sooo nice to have met you, you guys are so sweet! It was nice to chat in person for a change! And everyone else I forgot, please forgive me, I'm still in vacation mode and my brain is in a fog. :dance3:

I'm embarassed to say that on the first night I was sooo sea sick I had to leave dinner early and go to bed...I was miserable. Jay kept saying I was an amatuer! Hmph! But we did have a great time on the cruise, of course it was 'too short'...but it was good to be home too. While on the cruise we ended up joining DVC, so we're super excited about that...hopefully, it'll give us more incentive to vacation more often!

Well, I have tons of catching up to do, just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone and I hope we get to do this again one day...wouldn't it be nice? A REUNION CRUISE ANYONE?! hee hee...

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

hey all just uploading my pics now on shutterfly so i will post the link later so you can view my albums. i will be working on posting some "highlight" pictures of the cruise soon too. glad to see that everyone is feeling better by now.

i heart lauri

ill be back with pics!

arggghhh! the internet connection at work is not letting me upload the pics! what do they want me to work or something! jeez!

Good Morning :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ,
Well you guys put a big smile on my face :teeth: when looking at all your cruise pictures. Drew slept from 7:30 pm to 7:00 am. Again thank you for all your support and prayer for me and my family. Today I am going to decorate my windows for Christmas that is the only thing I did not before we went on the cruise. We aren't going to Mommy and Me because Drew is sick.I want to straigthen up my house today because my in-laws are going for the next two days while Andrew and I go to the funneral and burial. I am going to post some pictures in alittle bit.
Talk to you all later!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Queenie: I am sorry that we didn't meet while on the cruise. Sure I would love to meet you and it would be great for Drew to meet Madison. I will PM with my Phone Number. Great Pictures. Madsion is a cutie!!!

Jeff:Love the pictures of the girls and I am will Shell with making that pictures your Christmas Card.

Lauri: What happen to your sewing??? You have to do what I do and

IMG_1208.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1102.jpg
[/IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/LA41681/IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Here are my some of my pictures from the cruise!! Hope you all like them!!

Good Morning Nanas

I love all the pics you are posting.

Renee: Sorry to hear about your house. What a mess it must be.

Queenie: It was great running into you. Madison is such a sweetie.

Shell: Thanks for the "nomination". You are too funny. Also, I am making your pork chop recipe this morning. Do I add water?

Jeff: I love the pic of the girls in front of the tree. They are so cute.

Lauri: What is wrong with the picture? My guess is that I can't find a hidden Mickey.

As I said earlier, it was wonderful meeting all of you. We will be cruising the Wonder in October 07. Maybe we'll join up again in 08.

Gotta get ready for work.

Jan

Hello All!! :wave: :banana:

As before the cruise, you all just can't stop chatting. 3 pages since yesterday LOL.

Lauri - Hope you got the costumes done. Even if you didn't I imagine you can 'improv' something from around the house. It was great talking to you by the big-people pool and really neat hearing about all of your adventures. Did you guys buy your formal night pic - it was frickin AWESOME!!!!!!!!! You need to scan it onto the thread for sure. :rotfl:

Question for the group - Can you guess what Lauri's DH Doug does for a living??

Bob - I posted on your sicky thread on the main page - over 3000 views! It is definately a hot topic. I would not wish that darn sickness on anyone, yuck! And I LOVE the group shot - great. It is evident how loving and joined at the hip Stony and I are isnt it LOL :rolleyes:

Queenie - nice to meet you in Shutters. I feel like a dork for not introducing myself to your husband - sometimes I am a bit awkward (no comments from the banana-gallery please!).

Hilarious pic of Kathy and Greg LOL - but what a perfect way to spend an afternoon n'est pas? It sure beats working!

Lynn - Drew is SUCH a cutie!! I love that one in the stoller where is looks like he is saying 'you know you waaant it' :love:

The more I hear about those re-booking, the more my mind goes hhhmmmmm....but then I look at my mastercard and shake my head. Oh well, maybe once Christmas is over we can re-evaluate things. I find DH is a little more apt to agree to a trip in the dead of winter anyway LOL.

Will try and post more later!

Josh - Can't believe I didn't even get a chance to say Hi! Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Good morning!

I love :love: the pictures you guys have been posting! I'll try to have DH post some once he's done transferring things from camera to computer.

I didn't mention this earlier: A BIG THANKS goes out to:
Tonya: for taking care of the AWESOME shirts! It was really cool to see the huge green group when we entered the terminal! :cool1:

Shell & Bill : for the great magnetic door signs! (Not that anyone besides the crew saw ours! :lmao: :lmao: )

Shell : for compiling the great list/pictures of all the Nana Heads so we could recognize everyone. :teeth:

Athene : for starting the whole thread in the first place!! :crazy:

Kathy : for "whipping" us into shape and for the nice Christmas card. :yay:

Linda : for the mini nana signs, the pig "stuff," and for coming up with the crazy tiara idea. :cheer2:

Everyone Else : for being such a wonderful, fun group of people to meet and get to know throughout the week!! :grouphug: It really made the cruise more enjoyable! :thumbsup2 (Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. . .)

Queenie - I was a bit seasick on the first night as well! (The first time in five cruises! :furious: ) Your daughter is such a doll!!!! :lovestruc Congrats on DVC! Trey & Tonya were giving my Bill a great sales pitch for it at dinner one night. Maybe he'll take the bait!!! :dance3:

Lauri - How are those costumes comin'??? Or were you showing us that they're ALL done way ahead of time -- no procrastinating! :rotfl:

Jan - How did everything go for you guys once you arrived at the airport? What a pain the whole experience must be. It's really sad that someone didn't turn the stuff in. :sad2: Let us know how the pork chops come out -- I'm going to try it tomorrow!

Lucinda - You should post a picture of you and your family -- I'm sure we saw you, but didn't realize it was you! :wave2:

Lynn - Hang in there! I went through the same thing about 10 years ago (my mom's mom passed away after a relatively short bout with cancer after never being sick her whole life) so I kinda, sorta know how you feel. :grouphug:

Hope everyone is finally feeling better by now.

Talk to you later! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cheri

Hi everyone - I found myself wondering who was sleeping in MY bed!

Lynn - First off - I'm truly very sorry for your loss. It is very hard when one of your family members passes. Keep in mind that the days after the funeral will be the hardest for your mom. You are so busy before hand making the arrangements, getting food from others, people calling etc...It's after the final good-byes and things tend to get quiet around you that you feel the most pain. The pain really sunk in two days after my daddy's funeral. It was the love of my children that got me through some of the tough days.
My thoughts are with you Lynn.
Laura is finally feeling better. She is moving around a lot more now. Cullen is great! In fact, he and Stephen are on their way to the Magic Kingdom. Stacey was sent home from school yesterday! She was throwing up! Yuck. I'm glad I don't have the kids until tomorrow! ;)

Great pictures Jeff! Steve and I were watching you as you tried to take that picture of Elizabeth and Emily! We were upstairs. Steve made a comment about memories. Stephen posing and waiting for his sister to get up off the floor! Attributed to strong will. Even to this day. "I am my own person"

Shell - tried the pork chops. They were good, only mine were a bit dry. Maybe I over slow cooked them :confused3 I used the sugar free apple pie filling and it was just fine. So for those who were afraid of it being too sweet, try the sugar free.
:wave: Pat

OK no I am having a blonde moment here, I bought pork chops yesterday can someone remind me of the recipe?

Sarah, no idea what Doug does????

Cheri, GF I am soooo sad :smooth: we did not get a chance to drink, ummm chat on this cruise, the three headed monster would have been so much fun. But I did enjoy our quick chat at Rockin D that night.

Tonya and Trey, it was such great fun hanging out with you guys each night and in our long picture line.

Shell and Bill, no words are enough, Mike enjoyed having his other wife every where he went on the ship.

Sarah, it was so much fun meeting yuou guys, I felt like I ran into you everywhere :thumbsup2

Athene and Brenden, it was great chatting with you guys and as far as that door sign :confused3

Kathy, thanks again for the card it was a great surprise :sunny:

Pat, we still have your note on our magnetic board, the boys would not let me wash it off...

Denise, what can we say except THANKS for bringing Dreamboat, that man can sure hug :lmao:
TTYL
Wendy

JanDave said:
Shell: Thanks for the "nomination". You are too funny. Also, I am making your pork chop recipe this morning. Do I add water?
Nope, no water. It will all meld together into a yummy yummy meal ... and be moist as heck!

disneediva said:
Denise, what can we say except THANKS for bringing Dreamboat, that man can sure hug :lmao:
TTYL
Wendy
Does Shell know he hugged you???!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I got the evil eye right away at the DIS meet so I had to keep my distance the rest of the week!!!

You know, one of my biggest disappointments of the week was not getting to hang out with you and chat :drinking1 :hyper2: !! :sad: :sad: :sad: And I swear you guys were the only ones we didn't run into wherever we went! Were you in stealth mode???? Hopefully you'll be able to book one of the upcoming Nana Head cruises!

Cheri :banana:

pgfour said:
Good morning!

I love :love: the pictures you guys have been posting! I'll try to have DH post some once he's done transferring things from camera to computer.

I didn't mention this earlier: A BIG THANKS goes out to:
Tonya: for taking care of the AWESOME shirts! It was really cool to see the huge green group when we entered the terminal! :cool1:

Shell & Bill : for the great magnetic door signs! (Not that anyone besides the crew saw ours! :lmao: :lmao: )

Shell : for compiling the great list/pictures of all the Nana Heads so we could recognize everyone. :teeth:

Athene : for starting the whole thread in the first place!! :crazy:

Kathy : for "whipping" us into shape and for the nice Christmas card. :yay:

Linda : for the mini nana signs, the pig "stuff," and for coming up with the crazy tiara idea. :cheer2:

Everyone Else : for being such a wonderful, fun group of people to meet and get to know throughout the week!! :grouphug: It really made the cruise more enjoyable! :thumbsup2 (Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. . .)

Lynn - Hang in there! I went through the same thing about 10 years ago (my mom's mom passed away after a relatively short bout with cancer after never being sick her whole life) so I kinda, sorta know how you feel. :grouphug:

Cheri

I TOTALLY agree with all the thanks posted above. I feel like a right heel for not thanking all those mentioned above in person. I know I got some, but not all!

Cheri - same thing happened to my mom - pancreatic cancer 2 months diagnosis til she was gone. 10 years ago this past July. That's why I tell everybody to hug their mom every day! :grouphug:

Shell: Thank you for the door-sign!! It was a nice surprise because I did not get a chance to make one!! You list was great thank you for all your hard work!!

Linda: Thank you from DH for his Birthday Card!!

Kathy: Thank you for the Christmas Card. I would like to send you one so can you please PM me your address.

Tonya: Great Job and the Shirts!!

Well again you guys made it a great cruise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter