Wild By Design

grodgers49

Mouseketeer
We have signed-up for the Wild By Design tour at Animal Kingdom during our August trip. Now we understand this tour is being eliminated this fall.

Has anyone taken this tour? Your input is appreciated.

That is a shame if they're eliminating this tour. We took it on our last trip in December and loved it.

It is basically a tour on how imagineers created AK. You get a better appreciation of all the little details. For instance, did you know there is a hidden Jafar in AK?

There is a long talk on Asia and how the imagineers took a trip to find inspiration and all the details they brought back with them.

We also got to do an animal talk with one of the animal trainers, and at the end we got back doored onto KS.

I don't really think my descriptions are doing it justice, if you are at all interested in the little details in the parks and how they came about, this tour is amazing.

oh no I can't believe it's being discontinued. We've been meaning to do it now that DD is 14 but didn't work it in on our last trip. Our next trip isn't until January so I guess we're going to miss out! Thanks for the FYI OP!

With losing the first 3 hours of the day does it come with any make up FP+? Like at the end you get a free ride on Everest or something?

Just wondering as with the positive feedback I am going to look into it more and see if I can fit it in to one of the AK days. We did the Trek last time and really liked that and if this is going away this would be our only chance!

I don't know much of anything about the tour. I have no idea of the size of the group or if there is a ride or fast pass provided. I know they wil provide breakfast.

With losing the first 3 hours of the day does it come with any make up FP+? Like at the end you get a free ride on Everest or something?

Just wondering as with the positive feedback I am going to look into it more and see if I can fit it in to one of the AK days. We did the Trek last time and really liked that and if this is going away this would be our only chance!

Yes I said in my above post we got back doored onto KS, which had a very long line.

Also, whats the group size like for this? Is it like 4-5 people or how many are in a group?

Our group had 8, but I've talked to people who ended up having a private tour. It just depends on how many people have signed up for that particular day.

We also had fruit and pastries and drinks at one of the counter service restaurants. I really think the tour is worth missing out on a morning of rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter