Wild African Trek!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by natasha423, Sep 30, 2012.

1. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

It is $189 but through the end of October they have a special $50 off for tours that start at 11:45AM and later. Hopefully there will be more discounts in the future.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

With Tax is was $602/for 3 of us...ouch! That was for December...no discounts.

4. TinkerTracy

TinkerTracy <font color=blue>Wow so much is going on<br><font

To my understanding the camera must attach to your vest in order to be allowed.

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

That is true. It must be attached or put in a locker

6. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Dh wore his dslr on a secure neck strap, not attached to his vest.

7. francie57

francie57 DIS Veteran

We did this tour in Aug. and it was so amazing - didn't want it to end. As far as the camera question - DH and DD both had Canon DSLR cameras (each put on a different lens) and had no problems. As long as you have the neck strap you will be fine. I had the small digital camera and just attached it to one of the clips on the vest. The food on this trek was absolutely wonderful and we requested two meals with no seafood at the time we booked our tour. We did the 9:30 tour. As far as a Disney Visa discount, there is none. The only discount being offered when we took the tour was if you went after 11:45 they were giving a $50/person discount. Way too hot to be out there in the middle of the afternoon in Aug. for us. Someone asked how far out you can book - I made our Aug. reservation in Feb. and was told you could do it at the 180 day mark. This tour is so worth it - the suspension bridges are a lot of fun and just being able to have the truck stop along the way to see the animals and get great pictures is fantastic. We actually had the giraffes within two feet of us. The guides make this great since they can tell you all about the animals and they will tell you the name of each one.

8. FigmentFans

FigmentFans DIS Veteran

The tour sounds awesome. However I have a question. In PP, there were comments about leaning over a cliff, and being clipped to a line. My DH is deathly afraid of heights; would he have an issue with this tour?
    Thanks!!

9. Drnifer

Drnifer Where's my super suit?

You can lean over the crocodile area if you want to, but you can also stay back from the edge (it's not even very high). The farthest off the ground you will be is on the rope bridge, but I didn't have any issues and HATE heights, too! I loved it so much we're doing it again in December:goodvibes I highly recommend it!

10. FigmentFans

FigmentFans DIS Veteran

Thanks - good to hear from someone who also doesn't like heights! We are planning to do a few of the tours next time we go and this one sounds like a winner!

11. twodogs

twodogs Mouseketeer

Do they have a minimum age or height? I'm wondering if my 5 yo is too young?

12. scojos

scojos <font color=peach>I want to be Tinkerbell and fly

min age is 8

do you get to keep the water canteens? what a cool souvernir!!

considering this as a 40th bday present to myself :-)rotfl:)

my hubby would love this as he love photography not sure if my 13 and 15yr old boys would tho... what are your thoughts on taking teenage boys on this trip?

ty tracy

13. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I believe they have to be 8

14. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

Yes you do :goodvibes

15. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

Picture question for our Trekker friends: does anyone have a picture leaning over the cliffs to see the alligators and hippos they'd like to share?

16. Drnifer

Drnifer Where's my super suit?

You can get about this close to the crocodiles and hippos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and you have about this much leeway on the tether
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

Amazing photographs. Thank you for posting. I wouldn't want to get any closer to those critters!!!! Looking forward to the tour in the worst way...only 10 more months!;)