• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wild africa trek

we were just on the trek 2 weeks ago and I thought it was going to be MUCH shorter...what a great 3 hours!! I wonder if it might vary in length depending on how many people are on your tour...we had 11 people.

but it really was a great tour!!!

We're doing this on Dec. 9th for the first time....can't wait! Love to hear the great reviews etc.!

DH and I loved it and have done it twice. It ran about 3 hours both times. It's just a fantastic way to see the Savannah (Safari Ride) upclose. The guides were wonderful and full of information.

For us it was definitely worth the money.

I can't believe I randomly clicked this thread. We haven't been on any Disney tours. This one looks very interesting and my DD will be 8 by our next trip (minimum age requirement). Thanks OP!

ur welcome sargenca. and thanks to everyone replying. appreciate it. minimum age is 8+ and must be 48" tall. under 18 needs to be accompanied by adult. and with gear must be 45-300 lbs. i don't know if they enforce the weight requirement.

ur welcome sargenca. and thanks to everyone replying. appreciate it. minimum age is 8+ and must be 48" tall. under 18 needs to be accompanied by adult. and with gear must be 45-300 lbs. i don't know if they enforce the weight requirement.
They have a scale and check the weight of all persons before the tour starts. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My parents are 78 and 71 and both in pretty good shape. Can the endure the tour? or can they bypass the rope bridge? my mom would be scared of that, but they can handle walking and standing, mostly if the ground is flat, no steep inclines. Thanks!

The ground is not flat everywhere. At some point your walking thru trees, over roots, & up hill. I have to admit I did trip once or twice.

Last year they ran a reduced rate for later (read: hotter) tours (I think it was 11 am onwards) during the summer months. I don't know if they are going to do that this year.

We are booking for June or July, but I think I'd rather pay full price and go early. AK is one park where it always seems to feel hotter than it really is

I'm very much looking forward to this.

For the poster who asked about reviews, if you just google there are plenty. It will actually link you back to several on the DISBoards. There are also some wonderful videos on youtube :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter