Wild Africa Trek (Weight Limit)

MandM22

Mouseketeer
I just read online the the weight limit is 300 lbs... including the weight of the harness. How much does the harness(equipment) weigh? :confused3 Need to calculate that in when considering the weight limit. Any help, advice, or tips would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

I did the trek. I don't know the exact weight of the harness and vest but I would say it was less than 10 lbs definitely. My guess would be it was only around 5 lbs total and that included my camera that got attached to the best and the water bottle they gave us that was attached to the vest.

I didn't feel like I was adding alot of weight when they put it on me.

I did the trek. I don't know the exact weight of the harness and vest but I would say it was less than 10 lbs definitely. My guess would be it was only around 5 lbs total and that included my camera that got attached to the best and the water bottle they gave us that was attached to the vest.

I didn't feel like I was adding alot of weight when they put it on me.

Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated!:goodvibes

When DH and I tried to go in Fall 2011 the weight limit was 310 without the harness. They weighed him without the harness and he was 311, so we couldn't go. It was my impression that as long as he was 310 without the harness that he would have been allowed to go. He tried removing things from his pockets to no avail. The CMs were really nice about it though and we were able to get a full refund. That was two years ago though, so they may have adjusted the weight limit slightly.

When DH and I tried to go in Fall 2011 the weight limit was 310 without the harness. They weighed him without the harness and he was 311, so we couldn't go. It was my impression that as long as he was 310 without the harness that he would have been allowed to go. He tried removing things from his pockets to no avail. The CMs were really nice about it though and we were able to get a full refund. That was two years ago though, so they may have adjusted the weight limit slightly.

That's what I had originally read. I just saw the 300 with harness info today. I'm not planning on doing the trek until my November trip, so I have plenty of time to make sure I have plenty of room for error. Sorry about your husband... Only 1 pound and it was no go... I figured they would be exact about the process. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter