Wild Africa Trek and Boma too much on same day?

3MFamily

Mouseketeer
Just scheduled the Wild Africa Trek on Father's Day and we also have Boma scheduled for dinner that night. The CM said that the food on the trek is more like a large snack. Is that correct? Or would the trek and Boma be too much (quantity or same kind of food) on the same day?

Just scheduled the Wild Africa Trek on Father's Day and we also have Boma scheduled for dinner that night. The CM said that the food on the trek is more like a large snack. Is that correct? Or would the trek and Boma be too much (quantity or same kind of food) on the same day?

Yes that is correct. Those will not be too much in one day

We did exactly this. We did WAT early afternoon. The snack was at 2ish. It was larger than a snack and I finished my wife's. They also had that Jamba juice. Not a good idea. We had Boma at five and I think they got the best of me there. I couldn't gorge like I had planned. We also had the illumination dessert party. It was not well planned.

I'd plan the WAT for the snack to be at noon, so probably reserve a 10ish start. Then plan Boma later in the evening.

We did exactly this. We did WAT early afternoon. The snack was at 2ish. It was larger than a snack and I finished my wife's. They also had that Jamba juice. Not a good idea. We had Boma at five and I think they got the best of me there. I couldn't gorge like I had planned. We also had the illumination dessert party. It was not well planned.

I'd plan the WAT for the snack to be at noon, so probably reserve a 10ish start. Then plan Boma later in the evening.

Thanks for the insight!! We have WAT scheduled for 11:45 (needed the discount and that was the earliest, $740 for a family of 5) and Boma at 7:15 with nothing but maybe pool planned in between. I'd like everyone to get their monies worth at both places.

If you don't mind me asking, did you also do the park before WAT?

Yes we did EMH at AKL that day. We had FP+ for all the things we wanted. After WAT we went to Lion King and the Dino ride. It's all doable. We did miss Nemo and the tigers weren't visible. Here's a picture of our meal and such for WAT:

upload_2015-5-4_18-45-32.pngupload_2015-5-4_18-48-23.png

That looks like a meal to me!! Thank you so much for sharing. We are first timers to WDW and really wanted to do something special at AK, all in a day if possible. All the rides in the AM with EMH, WAT, Lion King, short break (and showers) and Boma for dinner. I feel much better about our plans thanks to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter