Wii & PS3 Pre-orders at Toys R Us

I'm only looking for a Wii, so I will wait on it. I am NOT standing out in the cold all night.

Why would they do preorders for the Wii AND the Playstation 3 on the same day?????????????

Maggie

maggiew said:
I'm only looking for a Wii, so I will wait on it. I am NOT standing out in the cold all night.

Why would they do preorders for the Wii AND the Playstation 3 on the same day?????????????

Maggie

Because they are both in the Big Book and it came out today.

I'm hoping to get a Wii for the boys for Christmas, but I refuse to go fight the masses for it. I figure if it's not there when I go and buy one, it wasn't meant to be, and it might even be cheaper for next christmas.

Got in line 10 minutes to 7 (new time) this morning and we were ale to resere a Wii (we were third to last) we were also able to pick up some elmo's. My Toys r us was only taking 8 PS3 reservations and 20 Wii reservations. The first 8 people that got the PS3's spend the night there!! I want to get one but I'm not about to get sick to get something. . . we can wait. The first guy in line got there at 10am YESTERDAY! He was out there for 24 hours!

I went to Toys R Us at 9:00 this morning in the hopes of getting my son a preorder for the Wii, but they were sold out. They said that people were camping out in tents overnight and at 6 in the morning they handed out tickets for people to come back later to get their order. Someone said that they thought most of the people were there to buy and resell on Ebay. If I had known about the vouchers, I would have came at 6 am just to get the voucher and then come back later to place the order. I'm hoping once it is released we'll be able to get the game system.

I am sick this weekend and could not sit out all night at TRU for a chance to preorder :guilty:

I wanted to get the TMX Elmo for my nephew who is autistic and LOVES Elmo - if I can't get him one for Xmas I will get him one for his birthday in March.

My DS wants a Wii for Xmas also so I am hoping that the rumors that there will be plenty available is true - I do not need to have one at launch - I just hope to find one before Christmas. I will not resort to Ebay and pay inflated prices either.

The second choice on his list is a PSP - so if I can't get him the Wii it will have to be a PSP ( which he is currently saving for now) but I figured if I can't get the Wii but get the PSP instead then he can use the money he is saving and buy the Wii after Xmas. It will work out one way or another.

DH went to our Toys r Us this morning to try to reserve a Wii. It's the only thing I want for X-mas! The lady said they had 50 guys camped out since 3 a.m. and only had 20 available for pre-order. I checked them out on eBay just out of curiosity and they are going for around $450! That's just nuts.

waltdisneyworlddreamer said:
Probably should know but what is a Wii??? :confused3
I was wondering the same thing so i googled it.

RVL_hardware_photo29540X478.jpg

Nintendo Wii - Coming Soon!
It will bring together new games and old. Give people worldwide access through wireless Wi-Fi connections. And open the world of video games to everyone.

Nintendo's 'Wii' ushers in a new era of gaming.

Features

Boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability
Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote
The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console.
Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor.
The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen
Single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii
Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off.

Controller
Nintendo created Wii to fit everyone's ideal break away from the everyday
The wireless, freehand Wii Remote makes games easy to play and more fun
Using the sense of touch in the game lets you feel the heat of emotion with each movement
Up to four players can grab a Wii Remote and play
The Wii Remote frees you from cords and excessive, complicated buttons
The motion sensors contained within the controllers add new interactions to existing games
Wii makes your senses come alive!

I'm so annoyed. Went by TRU on Friday to ask if they would be taking pre-orders on Sunday, the guys in electronics tell me that they don't know anything about it. Today I go by this am and of course they were sold out. :furious:

I also stopped by Best Buy and talked to them. They said they would be getting a large shipment in on the 19th, but if I wanted to guarantee it I better camp out. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter