Wii Price Cut

uk_wildcat

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this was mentioned already. I searched but didn't see a thread about it.
I just saw on the news that the Wii price will be cut back to $199. Great for those who haven't bought one yet!

Thanks for the heads up. Did they mention when the price drop was going to happen?

Our wii died, it won't read disks. I'm so bummed because I want the Toy Story Mania Game! It costs $75.00 to send it in and have it fixed, but I have to pay for shipping there and it's an extra $10.00 for them to ship it back! I'm trying to decide if I want to wait the two weeks or just buy a new one. I called GameStop today and they are selling used Wii's for $199.00.
What to do????:confused3

Thanks for the heads up. Did they mention when the price drop was going to happen?

Our wii died, it won't read disks. I'm so bummed because I want the Toy Story Mania Game! It costs $75.00 to send it in and have it fixed, but I have to pay for shipping there and it's an extra $10.00 for them to ship it back! I'm trying to decide if I want to wait the two weeks or just buy a new one. I called GameStop today and they are selling used Wii's for $199.00.

I checked with alocal place today and they had used wiis at 200 too.

Ours did too so I unplugged everything from it and put everything up well fast forward a few months, hooked everything back up to it and it magically worked...:confused3.

The disk read failure is common in the Wiis. I am out the $85 for this repair. You can try to clean the read head with an air blaster. That has worked for some people. It didn't work for me.

Forgot to add that WiiSports only worked the first time we put it in and now it works..........:confused3

We bought it in March of 08 broke in May of 09 started working in Sept 09

I had been getting this:

"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Luckily, I bought a 3 year protection plan when I bought it from Amazon for $50 bucks. I almost forgot I had it.

Anyway, I sent it in for repairs and they paid for the shipping both ways. And it only took them 3 days to fix it!

We also had an issue with our Wii. Suddenly any time we tried to go to the system settings, we got an error that the files were corrupted. I called Nintendo about sending it back and the guy mentioned that there had just been an automatic system update. He didn't charge me anything for the repair or shipping, and I think it's because that update maybe didn't complete properly or something along those lines. We did lose all of our saved game data, but now we basically have a new Wii with a brand new warranty so it's not so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter