• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wii Mario Kart

luvmylittleboy2003

DIS Veteran
A few questions....:rotfl:
How do you make your person do tricks when in the air, how do you open up more courses, etc...and how do you learn the shortcuts? Tia

I can answer the 1st question, to do tricks off from the jumps, shake the wheel while you're mid-jump. Beyond that, i'll be watching the thread to find out how to do the other stuff too!

Ds5 has opened up most of the games - I think you have to place a lot. Can't really help with the shortcuts - my ds' just keep finding them! And mom here is usually in 12th. ;)

Ds5 has opened up most of the games - I think you have to place a lot. Can't really help with the shortcuts - my ds' just keep finding them! And mom here is usually in 12th. ;)

Holy cow...I can't believe your 5 year old son can do this, my ds only screams, cries and gets frustrated :confused3. I'm almost thinking this was a bad 'Santa' gift, but, that another thread :rotfl:.

My ds 5 soon to be 6 also has opened up all the courses. He finds short cuts has opened new vehicles, etc.

I know to open a new course you have to have trophys in two courses. I only know this because I was called frantically to the family room to read what the TV said.

I keep driving off the edge of the course. Those darn mushrooms. And the ski slope. I have to play when the kids aren't around. DS is a backseat (armchair) driver.

We've had so much fun playing this with our younger DS and his wife. Since they both gave it to each other for Christmas, we bought their extra from them and bought the second wheel. They bring their controllers over and the four of us play. I rarely get out of 12th place!

I found this-

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6190954/index.html

That should answer a lot of your questions

That website does tell you most of the tricks, but you can also open things by just playing the game ALOT. DS5 and his friends spent all summer trying to unlock baby Luigi. I don't think any of them have yet. They all stopped playing Mario Kart when Mario Sluggers came out.
You can buy hint books at TRU, Game Stop, or Target that show you the course tracks and how to open everything.

Good Luck

Holy cow...I can't believe your 5 year old son can do this, my ds only screams, cries and gets frustrated :confused3. I'm almost thinking this was a bad 'Santa' gift, but, that another thread :rotfl:.

He's the youngest of 5, although now that I think about it, dd5 doesn't like to play at all! I'm the one screaming, crying, and getting frustrated...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter