• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wiggles concert questions

Shagley

If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will r
My sister just won tickets to The Wiggles concert on Saturday, and I need some advice from anyone who has already been to a Wiggles concert...

1. I know I we need to bring a fake rose for Dorothy and a bone for Wags. Is there anything else we should bring?

2. I want to buy the kids each a Wiggles souvenir, but are the items really expensive at the concert? Would I be better off buying Wiggles t-shirts somewhere else and then giving them to the kids to wear to the concert?

3. Does anyone know which stores would be the best to buy Wiggles shirts (for Toddler boys)? I haven't really paid attention in the past, and now I need to get some.

Thanks!!

1. We only took a rose for Dorothy and no bone for Wags (poor Wags :( ). I don't think there is anything else to take.

2. We went in August and I think the shirts were around $8-$10 a piece.

3. Not sure of stores to buy shirts at, Walmart, Target ??

Have a great time, it really is a neat show!!

They expect the roses for Dorothy, so Wiggles and Wiggly dancers will go through the entire venue to collect them. If you are sitting on the floor close to the stage, I have seen people bring fruit salad and apples for Anthony as well as a pillow for Jeff. Hold them up high when they are talking about the appropriate recipient, and Greg will improvise to fit your stuff in.

I can't remember the prices exactly, but I don't think they were outrageous for the shirts. Maybe $12-15?

Have fun! We love going to see the Wiggles!

Can't add much more except to say we've been to the Wiggles concert twice and even DH was surprised how good they were. Souveniers are expensive - but they are expensive every where. Have a wonderful time - how lucky to have won the tickets!

Thanks for the advice. I might just wait and buy them shirts at the concert. I didn't want to have to pay $20.00 or more for t-shirts, but if I can get them each around $10.00 or $15.00, that isn't too bad. I can't wait (I just may be more excited than the kids).

The funny thing is, I don't have kids of my own, but I think Anthony is kind of cute :blush: . My sister called in to the radio contest as kind of a joke, and ended up winning 4 floor tickets. I had to call up friends and ask if I could take their kids to the concert.

My hubby and I took our DS to one Wiggles concert and my Mom and I took my DS and nephew to another. I have to tell you they are quite entertaining.

They often pick jokes on themselves and are entertaining to the adults!! I was telling DH about this after I went with my mom and he didnt believe me. When we went, he was even laughing!! I have to say that I love Captain feathersword!!! :cool1:

I brought DS in August and we had a great time. We brought a rose for dorothy and a bone for wags. We were on the 5th row. When they wiggly dancers walked around to pick up the roses and bones, when they took the rose from DS, he started to cry so they gave it back to him. lol!

My mom just bought DS a wiggles shirt from JC Penney.

I bought DS a wiggles light up toy at the concert for $15 and also a wiggles cup with lid and straw for $5.

Nothing else to add, but we saw the Wiggles last October with our son and loved it!!! Have a great time...and oh yeah, I :love: Captain Featherswrod too...is that wrong???

JC Penny (in the store) has lots of toddler Wiggles shirts. That's where we got ours. I've also seen them at Kohls.

We took real roses and dog bones. Bought the light up Wiggles car wand (three of them...). Concert was great! Have a wonderful time!

Make a cute sign to hold up. The wiggles read all the signs in the audience...make sure the kids names are on the sign so they can talk to them by name!!

Have fun!!

Oh and if you want one of the light up toys get it early...we waited till they end and of course all three kids wanted a dorothy flashlight and they didn't have any that still worked.

Kohl's has Wiggles pj's and Target has Wiggles Big Red Car slippers. My mother, brother and my DS are going to see The Wiggles a week from Tuesday and DS will be decked out in both! He'll be showing his Wiggle support AND be ready for bed afterwards :)

It's a wonderful show. We saw it last year and he was mesmerized, though it was his first ever show and was not really into it. I caught him doing the Dorothy the Dinosaur dance this morning while I was getting ready for work, mimicking them on the tv, so I can't WAIT to see him this year!

Have fun!

We'll be heading to one of the Wiggles shows at the Civic Center on Saturday too (probably the later one). I never thought of some of the props...excellent ideas...thanks!

Df and I took our kids to a Wiggles show and wore tshirts that df made for us. She printed the Wiggles logo on iron ons and we put them on red/yellow/blue/purple tshirts to wear, one for each of us and we all wore black shorts/pants. We had so many people stop and ask us where we found our shirts. When one of the Wiggles (Murry?) was walking through the audience, he saw our shirts and gave us a thumbs up. I've tried attaching a picture, but can't seem to do it.

We found the souvenirs to be pricey and cheaply made, except for the "featherswords". They held up well, but I think you can find those beforehand at Toys R Us.

Thanks for all the great tips. I am going to head to Toys R Us tonight to see if I can get a couple of featherswords (or some other fun Wiggles toy). It would be so much easier if I don't have to stand in the lines, and pay the extra $ just to get it at the concert - but I do want the kids to each have something fun.

Shagley-

Are The Wiggles going to be in Peoria? We live in the Quad Cities and have seen them at The Mark. Captain Feathersword is hilarious. DH and I were laughing so hard, we were crying. I hope they do "Eagle Rock" - it's my favorite other than "Six Months in a Leaky Boat".

We went to a concert last year in Nashville and had a great time. We brought a bone for Wags..........I think in years past Jeff and Murray would go and collect the bones and roses from the audience. When we were there they sent the Wiggly Dancers to collect the bones/roses.
I thought souveniers were $$$$$ expensive, but I think that's to be expected everywhere these days! I agree with the other posters about JC Pennys having Wiggles t-shirts. I found my sons t-shirts at Toys R Us.........

zalansky said:
Nothing else to add, but we saw the Wiggles last October with our son and loved it!!! Have a great time...and oh yeah, I :love: Captain Featherswrod too...is that wrong???

Oh no....I love the Captain! :goodvibes :goodvibes

OP: The show is great for kids. My DD took her 2 year old to the Dorothy the Dinosaur show, and she LOVED it. Last year she went to see the Wiggles, and still talks about it. The prices were reasonable, and she was able to get her a little shirt, which she put on for the show, and some light up thing. So good that she is going again in November!
Have fun!

DBarber600 said:
Shagley-

Are The Wiggles going to be in Peoria? We live in the Quad Cities and have seen them at The Mark. Captain Feathersword is hilarious. DH and I were laughing so hard, we were crying. I hope they do "Eagle Rock" - it's my favorite other than "Six Months in a Leaky Boat".

I love Eagle Rock, too!

DBarber600 said:
Shagley-

Yes, they have two shows at the Peoria Civic Center tomorrow. I don't think they are sold out, but I think this is one of the hottest shows to come to Peoria in a long time.

I couldn't find a feathersword at TRU tonight, but I may check JC Penney tomorrow for a t-shirt. Otherwise I may just give in and get him a t-shirt at the show. I am probably spending more in gas trying to save a few bucks on Wiggles merchandise than I would spend if I just waited and bought him something at the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter