Wifi packages

guacgirl

Earning My Ears
Could anyone tell me about sharing for the wifi packages? Can multiple staterooms share one plan? Or could just one stateroom sign up for the plan and we all use the same login across multiple devices since I read that is allowed? We have 3 staterooms, 5 adults. I was wondering if I could just purchase the highest level plan and share across all of us.

Thanks in advance if you have any information about this!

You should be able to do what you suggest. I know you can have at least two devices logged into the same account at the same time, but I don't know if there's a limit. I doubt there is a limit as to the number of devices over time that can use one account, and it definitely doesn't know exactly where you are on the ship (in fact, it's a benefit that you can use your account anywhere on the ship).

The biggest package is $89 for 1GB. But I can tell you with a high degree of certainty what will happen if you do as you suggest: at least one person's device will go crazy and use a large amount of data, because someone didn't turn off auto-update, they have auto-photo-upload turned on, or some such thing. Then, you'll quickly go through the 1GB and have no way of telling which device did it.

Thanks. I guess I'd have to check everyone's phones before I give them the password. Heh. :)

I have no idea how much data we need. We just want to check email and facebook I think. Do you know if we start at one package level, are allowed to "upgrade" when we see it's not going to be enough?

Also, for the free 50 MB on the first day, is that contingent on signing up for a plan? Or could we just see how long that gets us and then sign up for a plan after it's used up? That's already 250 MB for the 5 of us if we each get 50 MB free.

No, you get the free 50 MB regardless of whether you sign up for a plan or not. However the 50 MB is per stateroom not per person. You can upgrade the plan anytime you want and add extra packages any time you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter