• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wifi in the parks anywhere?

tink2

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney Christmas day. DD12 is getting an ipod touch for Christmas. Can she get on the internet in the parks while she's waiting in line? I know she can play apps, but just wondering if anywhere in the parks actually has wifi?
TIA

We are going to Disney Christmas day. DD12 is getting an ipod touch for Christmas. Can she get on the internet in the parks while she's waiting in line? I know she can play apps, but just wondering if anywhere in the parks actually has wifi?
TIA

Most of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts offer free wifi, but the parks - Nope.

. . . internet in the parks while she's waiting in line? . . .

1) Maybe soon, who knows.
2) Then, she can play it even on the rides.
3) Or even at meals and while walking.

:sad2:

NOTE: What did we do in the parks before phones and computers?

therustyscupper~ I do agree. We limit her cell phone usage big time on any vacation~ but we are considering letting her take the ipod into the parks. Not sure yet. One issue is her two older cousins will 100% have their cell phones with them in the parks and with internet. The last family trip to WDW a couple of years ago, the oldest was niece was on it constantly... my husband and I gave her a hard time about it! But we are considering letting DD take the ipod since I'm sure there will be times we are waiting in very long lines being Christmas week. No, she will not have it out on rides or while eating and walking~ LOL. and the ipod won't let her text if there is not wifi ;) That's a plus over the cell phone coming to the parks. But if we are in a line that is an hour long, it could be helpful to let her play the games she has on there.

I think it would put Disney over the other Orlando area parks, in my opinion, if they were to offer free WiFi in the theme parks in addition to the resorts.

With so many apps that can be used in Disney to check on the queue timing, parks info, maps and such, that would be nice to have wifi to update the data, I can't use data in USA, its so expensive, with my provider its 23$ each 1MB while outside plus they have roaming charges and other things that add to it, one of my friend was charged 430$ just for checking emails 2-3 times on a recent trip to New York.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter