wifi in hollywood studios?

atomicgirl

Mouseketeer
I did search to try & find the answer, but all the threads I found were at least a year old....

is there reliable free wifi in hollywood studios?

LOL, I was afraid of that!!

reliable enough to send text messages (via apps) and/or check wait times?

I did search to try & find the answer, but all the threads I found were at least a year old....

is there reliable free wifi in hollywood studios?

Remember these are the same people who are working with the people who are in charge of the website and ME.

Text messages should be part of your pone service, not wifi.

Wifi is poor in all the parks, most of the time. At least all the times I have been there, last time being April.

Wifi is poor in all the parks, most of the time. At least all the times I have been there, last time being April.

Some mobile phones, such as iOS devices using iMessage, can do free text messaging over any WiFi service, even if the cellular plan does not include them.

It works for me whenever I try it, but I have to reconnect to it frequently.

This. And it works really....REALLY....slow on my iPhone. Like "checking a wait time and saying "faggid-'bout-it"-and-walking-to-the-attraction-and-checking-the-wait-time-stopping-for-the-restroom-then-a-drink-and-snack-and-shopping-nap-on-a-bench-before-it-comes-up-in-my-wait-times-app slow."

Some mobile phones, such as iOS devices using iMessage, can do free text messaging over any WiFi service, even if the cellular plan does not include them.
Just looked that up on my G4. Looks like lots of them. Did not know that. I just thought everyone had text and that would most often be much better than wifi connection. Thanks for the heads up.

They are, but I have a limited number of messages. Hence using the free messages over apps.

Furthermore, I am going to the park with a friend who does not live in the US. She's not getting a temp sim card or anything, but could use apps over wifi. Since we're not getting there at the same time, I was trying to figure out how we could communicate with each other to meet up.

however, we may just have to get there at the same time, since the wifi is so reliable. :rotfl:

We have been in the parks over the last few days and I have almost always have wifi or been able to get it within a few steps. Plenty reliable for iMessages and wait times!

I just got back from the world 3days ago. I didn't have any problems with the wifi, I checked wait times throughout the day without issue, at all 4 parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter