• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WiFi Hotspot in St. Martin and St. Thomas

taylorpn

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to where to access free WiFi at port in St. Thomas and St. Martin.

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!

My husband will love the answer to this one too. That's one of the first things he wondered about cause we are not paying for access on the ship. Not an expense we want to include in our trip.

St. Thomas--If you dock in Havensight, walk toward the entrance to the cable cars (toward your left and ahead as you get off the ship. Just before the place where you get the tickets for the cable cars, there is an oriental restaurant. Wifi is $3 for all day, cheaper if you buy a meal. Lots of crew there, busy, safe place. This is less than a 10 minute walk from the dock...maybe less than 5.

There is a place in Havensight Mall but it is in a bar and there was no one there when we went past--it just didn't feel safe, so we kept walking.

Thanks ver much for the reply. Any suggestions for St. Martin. We are going to both the french side and the dutch side.

Thanks again!!

We didn't do internet in St. Maarten last time we were there, so I'm hesitant...places DO change. Our favorite place in St Thomas is no more, but the new place we found was fine.

OK, how to find places--google "Free internet name of port" or ask the CMs. Your stateroom hosts and/or servers know EVERYTHING!

We were in St Martin in Jan. 2012 and we used the McDonalds there. It was on one of the side streets near the main shopping area. It was a little tiny place, didn't look like much but it WAS a McDonalds.

Yeah, as tallygirl said, McDonalds is the place to be for WiFi in Sint Maarten. You and about ten other people will be there for the FREE wireless. :)

We were in St Martin in Jan. 2012 and we used the McDonalds there. It was on one of the side streets near the main shopping area. It was a little tiny place, didn't look like much but it WAS a McDonalds.
The downtown McDonalds (there's another over in Simpson Bay on the way to the airport) is located directly on Frontstreet, the main shopping street.

It's to the left, facing the Courthouse, less than five minutes slow walk.

I wouldn't call it tiny. It probably seats 100 with the upstairs area.

gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter