WiFi at DLP?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Has the WiFi situation improved at DLP over the last couple of years since my last visit?

Where can I access WiFi in or around the resort?

Thanks!

I've heard that there is now wifi in the rooms as well as reception areas. I hope it's true. I'm interested to know also.

Yes there is Wifi in the hotel rooms, I stayed at Sequoia Lodge Christmas 2013 and used my laptop. As far as I know all hotels now have WifFi in the rooms. Other than that though, DLP doesn't have Wifi in the parks, except in Starbucks and McDonalds in Disney Village

it depends which hotel at DLP you are staying at - the Cheyenne and Santa Fe hotels don't have, and are not planned to have, wifi in the rooms, but there is wifi in the public areas of those hotels.

There is wifi in the rooms at all the other onsite hotels, as well as their public areas, and in certain spots in the Village. No wifi in the parks themselves yet.

Darn it, I'm at the Cheyenne. But still, some WiFi is better than none!

Is it free?

Darn it, I'm at the Cheyenne. But still, some WiFi is better than none!

Is it free?

yes its free - and theres nothing to stop you popping into the disneyland hotel foyer on your way in/out of the parks if you want to use the wifi there.

There's a bench just outside the park side entrance to the DLH which I'm told that if you sit at you can access the wifi!

But yes, we've paid the DLH a visit for wifi purposes! lol

C x

it depends which hotel at DLP you are staying at - the Cheyenne and Santa Fe hotels don't have, and are not planned to have, wifi in the rooms, but there is wifi in the public areas of those hotels.

There is wifi in the rooms at all the other onsite hotels, as well as their public areas, and in certain spots in the Village. No wifi in the parks themselves yet.

I'm currently considering the Santa Fe for a trip later this year. On the Expedia Australia website it says this:

Internet

Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 0.00 EUR )

Available in some public areas: Free WiFi

Is this not accurate? I'm on the fence deciding between the Santa Fe and Explorers hotels, and lack of free internet in the room would be a definite deal breaker. I'd definitely rather know now that the room doesn't come with wifi, than after I check in!

Really?

I'd much rather have EMH and go to the lobby for wifi than stay offsite.

Me too torsie, absolutely. There was no wifi in the parks in DL when I was there last month that I was aware of [apart from the wifi for the Mickey's Wheel game before WOC] though it wasn't something I spent time checking for - I've no idea about WDW. :)

I've no idea about WDW. :)

Just in case you or anyone else is interested they do have WiFi at the WDW parks - they had to roll it out when they brought in the Magic band system.

I know it's a rarity these days but I go on holiday to get away from it all. I kind of prefer no or little WiFi as it means we can all switch off and spend quality time making memories without being tempted - I don't think anything you'd need WiFi for is more important than that!! Just my opinion though

I'm currently considering the Santa Fe for a trip later this year. On the Expedia Australia website it says this:

Internet

Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 0.00 EUR )

Available in some public areas: Free WiFi

Is this not accurate? I'm on the fence deciding between the Santa Fe and Explorers hotels, and lack of free internet in the room would be a definite deal breaker. I'd definitely rather know now that the room doesn't come with wifi, than after I check in!

Our Hotels.com booking reference also says that about the Santa Fe hotel. I'm not too bothered about WiFi but we are with Three (pay as you go) so we can use our phones abroad at no extra cost. I think my boyfriend is going to figure out a way to get lots of mobile data for cheap - it might be worth looking into getting a Three sim and doing something similar while you're away if you really require internet access. If not, I suggest just waiting until you're back at the hotel to do all that (I'm pretty sure Santa Fe has WiFi in the public areas, and I know for sure that DLH does if you just pop into their lobby)

There are rumours that the next hotel to get a major refurb now is Cheyenne and not HNY, so maybe Cheyenne wont get wifi until that happens.

As for the parks, well there is also the rumour (semi confirmed I believe?) that eventually DLRP will get magic bands like WDW, so they'll probably need wifi in the parks for guests to be able to use that fully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter