WIFI at Disney Resorts?

snowbird gal

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!
My daughter and I will be doing our 5th trip to Disney starting on April 14th. But last time we went, in 2010, I had to pay for WIFI for my other daughter's boyfriend's laptop, it was about $10 for a day.

However, she read an article on Allears that said Disney now has free WIFI? Is this true? So no more paying!!?

We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, if that matters.

Hi snowbird gal,

Yes, as far as I have heard, complimentary wifi has been added at all resorts.

I hope you and your daughter have a magical time!:dance3:

Colors:goodvibes

We recently stayed at POR and WiFi was FREE!!!!! I was so excited!

Was completely unable to connect to the WiFi at either All Star Music or All Star Sports. The network existed, but none of my devices would connect to it.

Does POP have free Wifi? Sure would help with our DD's online school which she will still have to do while we are there this fall.

We were at Kidani Village - the wifi was present but coverage in rooms was spotty. Apparently, the hardwired ethernet is off in the rooms now so will be bringing a repeater on our next visit so we can get coverage; I as a little disappointed with how it worked. :worried:

Yes it is free and you get what you pay for. Very poor connections if at all I could not even download my e-mail at AKL.

Denise in MI

I will agree with others that the connection is hit or miss (at least it was at CBR a few weeks ago). My son would go outside to the little courtyard near our room for a better connection. It was okay this trip because we just needed to check email and make a few dining reservation changes, and we had our Smartphones. If dh had needed to work as he has done on previous trips, it would have been a real mess.

I am glad its finally free but they need to improve their service.

Does POP have free Wifi? Sure would help with our DD's online school which she will still have to do while we are there this fall.

According to the Front Desk at Pop as of March 4th when I asked. 'Pop Century will be getting free WiFi in Late May, coinsiding with the opening of the Art of Animations Resort.'

We were at Old Key West 2 weeks ago and found the wifi to be a little slow and spotty. For some reason it was better on our laptop than on DDs iPad.

We were at Kidani Village - the wifi was present but coverage in rooms was spotty. Apparently, the hardwired ethernet is off in the rooms now so will be bringing a repeater on our next visit so we can get coverage; I as a little disappointed with how it worked. :worried:

We had the same issues at Coronado Springs. It is much better to just hook up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter