Wife is refusing to go!

DIZNUT57

Earning My Ears
Please help! My wife and I are ap holders and want to make a quick weekend getaway in Oct. She knows HHN is going on and refuses to go. Is it possible to go to the parks during the day and miss the stuff that will terrify her? I have wanted to go to HHN forever but can't get her to go. If we can hit the parks during the day and citywalk at night without her being scared to death I think she will go for it.

There's nothing scary during the day. Just leave an hour before HHN. Sometimes the HHN music and sounds may start before HHN starts but never more than an hour before regular park closing.

Please help! My wife and I are ap holders and want to make a quick weekend getaway in Oct. She knows HHN is going on and refuses to go. Is it possible to go to the parks during the day and miss the stuff that will terrify her? I have wanted to go to HHN forever but can't get her to go. If we can hit the parks during the day and citywalk at night without her being scared to death I think she will go for it.

Go with her to the parks in the day. Get a stay and scream pass for yourself, attend HHN, alone. I refuse to miss out on things I like. You only have one time around in this life. None of my friends, really wanted to go with me. I was going to go anyway alone. Last minute, my cousin, wants to tag along, great! If you wanted to go to HHN. Go, your wife, can entertain herself, a few hours alone, while you attend. :thumbsup2

My wife's the same way. She doesn't enjoy scary things (movies, haunted houses, halloween, etc). Because I knew she wouldn't do HHN, we took my parents with us to Universal last October. While my wife and dad hung out at Citywalk, watching Sunday Night Football at the NBA restaurant, my mom and I went to HHN. This year, if we go, we plan on bringing her father with us to keep her company at Citywalk, while I do HHN alone.

here's a few pics from last year during the day. all there is is props and sets from scare zones and shows that will be used during the nights of HHN.

DSC05924.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

DSC05927.jpg

DSC05928.jpg

DSC05929.jpg

DSC05930.jpg

Thanks for the info. Looks like we are going to go. Nothing beats staying on site and FOTL. Maybe I can talk her into entering HHN.

Please do not try and talk her into going to HHN. She will have a horrible time, then she will be mad at you for making her go and you will in turn have a horrible time.

Since she agreed to go during HHN, dont press your luck. ;)

She'll like hanging out at the hotel or shopping at CW. Best to go alone. I've found this is a good way to visit parks, flying solo. You can go where you want, when you want.

Your plan would be to visit the parks in the morning, crowds are light. Order in pizza, or have lunch at a CW restaurant at 2pm, and save left overs in a zip lock bag. When you get back, you'll have something to snack on.

Thanks for all the help. We are probably going to just hit the parks and Citywalk during the night. It isn't that big a deal me not going to HHN. As long as the two of us have a good time I'll be happy.This is just a quick getaway for us the kids are staying with the grandparents. After a few drinks at Margaritaville you never know what you are going to do.:goodvibes

Thanks for all the help. We are probably going to just hit the parks and Citywalk during the night. It isn't that big a deal me not going to HHN. As long as the two of us have a good time I'll be happy.This is just a quick getaway for us the kids are staying with the grandparents. After a few drinks at Margaritaville you never know what you are going to do.:goodvibes

Building up courage....yea - that is what I do!!!! Can't ride the Mummy without at least 2 drinks in me (I am a HUGE chicken!!!)

I am trying to decide what to do for our 10th anniversary in October and I know DH would LOVE HHN ( I would walk around with my eyes closed half of the time) - however, we don't want to go somewhere and be like "boy, I wish the kids were here" (you know, during the day for the parks)

Building up courage....yea - that is what I do!!!! Can't ride the Mummy without at least 2 drinks in me (I am a HUGE chicken!!!)

I am trying to decide what to do for our 10th anniversary in October and I know DH would LOVE HHN ( I would walk around with my eyes closed half of the time) - however, we don't want to go somewhere and be like "boy, I wish the kids were here" (you know, during the day for the parks)

We are both huge coaster fans, so there won't be any pleading to ride. She may go to HHN but if she doesn't it won't matter we'll have fun. As far as missing the kids we just took them in April and stayed at HRH for a week. Now it is time for the parents only trip. Of course they get some really great souvineirs.:goodvibes

diznut, i have a similar dilemma with my DW...we're going to HHN in Oct and she is cautiously enthusiastic now, but I know she will freak out a bit when we get there. She does not do well with haunted houses and sudden startles. My plan is to ply her with drink (wine on the flight down, wine with dinner at The Kitchen, margaritas at CityWalk) and then head over to HHN. She may not remember much, but at least she should be willing to tag along with me.

DIZNUT57, my DH loves HHN and I refuse to go partially because of my beliefs and partially because I don't find gory stuff aesthetically pleasing. As someone already suggested, we may leave the park a little earlier and, if none of our friends go with us so that DH can go with the guys, then he goes by himself for a couple of hours and I may enjoy resort amenities or do some shopping or read a book by the pool.... This way, we both get what we like and a couple of hours apart are only healthy once in a while;) . But certainly don't pressure her into doing HHN.

I really think she wants to go. We have joked about it for some time now and there are times when she gets excited talking about HHN. She enjoys horror movies and stuff along those lines. She just isn't sure about the walking thru the enclosed scare zones. I definately won't pressure her she'll be alright if I go alone. I just tend to have more fun when she is with me.She has also said it may take a Huriccane from Pat O Briens first.

i am totally and completely addicted to hhn......
have gone since 2000.

the last 4 years, all my friends are wimps, so i go solo and never freaked out about that.

hhn is not for everyone. i have seen some in the park that are truly terrified.
after having 4 sons, nothing scares me. :rotfl: :rotfl:

may i suggest that if you both do attend a night of hhn, buy the express pass in advance. depending on what night you go, may have very long line.
the EP allows you less of a wait for the houses and rides for one time only that night.

waiting in line for 90 minutes is too long for most people. the pass cuts that time down drastically.

the parks in the daytime are not scary.

one thing if you both go to hhn, scareactors like to go after the screamers a lot of the time. so if your wife is a screamer and runs when scared, be prepared

I just tend to have more fun when she is with me.

Completely off topic, but I just wanted to comment how awesome that you feel this way about your DW. I feel the same way. Well, about my DH, that is :) He is my best buddy and I love hanging out with him and have so much more fun when we are together. Nevertheless, sometimes we do like different things and I think it's ok to enjoy them separately for just a little while.... At least it seems to work for us when it comes to HHN. Although, it does sound like she really wants to go... I wonder if there are "less scary" areas during HNN..... Hope both of you have a ton of fun!

Completely off topic, but I just wanted to comment how awesome that you feel this way about your DW. I feel the same way. Well, about my DH, that is :) He is my best buddy and I love hanging out with him and have so much more fun when we are together. Nevertheless, sometimes we do like different things and I think it's ok to enjoy them separately for just a little while.... At least it seems to work for us when it comes to HHN. Although, it does sound like she really wants to go... I wonder if there are "less scary" areas during HNN..... Hope both of you have a ton of fun!

My DW is also my best bud and we know that some time apart = better time together, if that makes sense. We'll probably just see how it goes after the parks that day. If I feel like going for a few hours and she doesn't then that's what we'll do.Either way we are going to have an excellent time. I mean how can we not we'll be at Universal staying at RPR. To tell you the truth the both of us are just as excited about buying our boys souveneirs:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter