Wife and I. Some of your favorite things to do in DW as couple or adults?

Boomerdog

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are heading back to Disneyworld this fall during the week before Thanksgiving. What are some of your favorite things to do when you go? It can be anything big or small. for instance, I always enjoy taking the boat to Fort Wilderness and checking out the horses and animals. Or, another of our favorite things is to pin trade.

Play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland, spend time eating and drinking around World Showcase, take a behind the scenes tour like Keys to the Kingdom, walk around the Boardwalk after dark, explore Downtown Disney, rent surrey bikes, visit other Disney Resort hotels; the list goes on and on. Basically, try anything and enjoy!

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, RPDE, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour

Making use the hotel/pool bar or similar adult entertainment areas especially mid afternoon early on in the trip is a great way to meet some other adults and find out what they discovered to do. We've ended up at some local area events that we never found in our research of what was happening. We also only preplan the first day or two with our must do items and just enjoy the rest of the week in the area.

We enjoy doing a mini-wine tour of Epcot. Germany offers wine tastings, I think there are 4 wines in it. Italy also offers them and has a great little wine bar. France has them but it is only one wine. There is also a wine tasting tour like thing you can buy (I think it's $20) where you go to the 3 countries and get tastings at each one, only one tasting per country on that. Japan also has a little tasting bar in the back of their store, you can do both wine and sake. We also enjoy doing a monorail resort tour, stopping at each and wondering around and then going to the lounge and having a drink and app. Go to a signature restaurant at one of the resorts and "play" grown up.

We enjoy visiting other resorts and having a drink at the bars of those resorts. We also enjoy Cirque de solei - we have been 3 times in the last 5 visits.
DH likes the video games at Disney Quest and I will sit and read while he plays or go play a game or two with him.

Eating and drinking.

AKL: Getting a drink and sitting out on some rocking chairs watching the animals. Roasting marshmallows over the fire. Using the night vision goggles to see the animals.

EPCOT: Actually taking your time around the countries and exploring every nook and cranny admiring the construction and art. Talking to the CM's from the different countries. Having sake and tequila in Japan and Mexico. Trying different small food items. Shopping in Japan.

Hang out by the pool at your resort or visit one of the water parks and relax. People watching is fun.

We always enjoy stopping in at La Cava, and I'd also recommend checking out Trader Sam's, very cool and fun!

My husband and I rented a boat for an hour last year from the Wilderness Lodge and really enjoyed just being out on the water. It was peaceful and relaxing and a nice break from the crowds.

Looking for ideas. DH agreed to 3 nights at the Poly in early February. We have APs and are staying at my dream resort and it's a short trip, so I'm not sure how many "extras" we want to add on.
I'm thinking that we'll only go to Epcot and MK
Exploring World Showcase (and enjoying drinks there) and riding the mountains together at MK (instead of rider swap)

Exploring other resorts, and enjoying a Ghirardelli's Sundae outside on a lovely evening, watching the sun go down.

One thing we do all the time is the Monorail Crawl. Jump on the resort side of the Monorail and hit up a restaurant/lounge at each resort. This is a fun way to visit those resorts, poke around & have some "beverages". This is always fun and we end meeting people from all over the world and really enjoying conversations and/or just some great people watching.

One thing we do all the time is the Monorail Crawl. Jump on the resort side of the Monorail and hit up a restaurant/lounge at each resort. This is a fun way to visit those resorts, poke around & have some "beverages". This is always fun and we end meeting people from all over the world and really enjoying conversations and/or just some great people watching.

I've been to WDW about 5 or 6 times as an adult, and surprisingly I've never heard of the Monorail Crawl until I found these boards. We're going to try it out in November when we're there, and I'm really excited!

We pretty regularly end up at a nice dinner at the Boardwalk, if possible the Chef's tasting. From there we usually stroll the boardwalk a bit in the evening and eventually find our way over to Jellyrolls. The entire boardwalk at night is wonderful just relaxing with a cold drink, and Jellyrolls is always wonderfully entertaining and child free.

Thanks for this thread. Going in September with my husband, and trying to think of different things to do. We went with other parts of the family in April, but really looking forward to being just the two of us :)

Reading your posts is making me miss wdw so much. We are adults and have enjoyed all the things posted.

We like to sit by the pool, bring a bottle of wine, and fill one of our mugs with sprite. Then we make a sangria of sorts by splitting the sprite between two mugs and filling the rest with wine. As long as your wine is not visible (as in up on a table) and you are a distance from the pool, you can bring your own bottle! So we sit and drink our "poor man sangrias" and people-watch by the pool.

We like to eat at Narcoossee's for a late reservation and then watch Wishes on the deck.

We LOVE Jellyrolls.

We like to sit at the pool bars and talk to other people. We also love getting to know the bartenders for the week and asking them their stories of how they got to Disney.

We are headed there for an adult vacation in a couple weeks and I am so excited!

We like to take a carriage ride at Ft Wilderness, and follow that with drinks on the porch at Crocketts tavern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter