Wife and I adult getaway

WinnieThePooh17

Earning My Ears
Hey fellow travelers! Wife and I are taking a kids free adult vacation for 3 nights beginning 4/1. We haven't been to disney just us 2 in about 4 years and I know many things have changed! Seeing if anyone has any tips and stuff for us to do! We are comin in easter sunday night and have epcot scheduled and magic kingdom with one day free. What are some last minute reservations we can get(slim for good places I know) and also anything going on at that time, I see flower fesitval at epcot which we love as well. Any feedback is appreciated as always! Also random question but does anyone know if the all star movies secret menu is still a thing? We loved doing that the couple times we went there but have not heard if it is still a thing since covid.

Don't know about the secret menu but yes, F&G will be happening. I'll be there for the week starting April 1 myself. As far as what has changed - Genie+ is now a thing (paid for FP+) park reservations were a thing but aren't now except for certain ticket holders, park hopping not starting until 2 was a thing but is not any more.
I guess the biggest thing is Genie+. I won't begin to explain it, it's too complicated but there are a thousand and two videos out there on UTube. Frankly, I don't use it but I don't mind standing in line. If you want to get on the new hot rides - Tron in MK - you might want to look into it. Epcot you should be o.k. without it, most people recommend you use it for MK, again, I don't. It depends on if you want to ride as many rides as you can in a day or if you are good with a few and just enjoying the parks.

Some of the Epcot walls are down but not all. I can't remember what was happening 4 years ago (or yesterday for that matter) so it's hard to say. Again, UTube is your friend here.

Last minute ADRs are easy enough to find if you aren't picky about where or what time. I never make them any earlier than afternoon of and have no problems finding somewhere to eat. I'm guessing on your Epcot day you are going to be grazing at the booths most of the day. France, Mexico and Spice Road Tables in Morocco are usually easy to get ADRs. MK, not much to eat there unless you want BOG (not usually recommended any more) or Skipper's Canteen. It's an easy get day of. There is always the option to leave MK and go to the resorts around it, you could always eat at the bar in the CR, it's pretty good. I would suggest looking at MDE now and seeing what's available. Again, UTube is your friend here as well.

Don't know about the secret menu but yes, F&G will be happening. I'll be there for the week starting April 1 myself. As far as what has changed - Genie+ is now a thing (paid for FP+) park reservations were a thing but aren't now except for certain ticket holders, park hopping not starting until 2 was a thing but is not any more.
I guess the biggest thing is Genie+. I won't begin to explain it, it's too complicated but there are a thousand and two videos out there on UTube. Frankly, I don't use it but I don't mind standing in line. If you want to get on the new hot rides - Tron in MK - you might want to look into it. Epcot you should be o.k. without it, most people recommend you use it for MK, again, I don't. It depends on if you want to ride as many rides as you can in a day or if you are good with a few and just enjoying the parks.

Some of the Epcot walls are down but not all. I can't remember what was happening 4 years ago (or yesterday for that matter) so it's hard to say. Again, UTube is your friend here.

Last minute ADRs are easy enough to find if you aren't picky about where or what time. I never make them any earlier than afternoon of and have no problems finding somewhere to eat. I'm guessing on your Epcot day you are going to be grazing at the booths most of the day. France, Mexico and Spice Road Tables in Morocco are usually easy to get ADRs. MK, not much to eat there unless you want BOG (not usually recommended any more) or Skipper's Canteen. It's an easy get day of. There is always the option to leave MK and go to the resorts around it, you could always eat at the bar in the CR, it's pretty good. I would suggest looking at MDE now and seeing what's available. Again, UTube is your friend here as well.
thanks, yeah we have been to disney with kids every year so I am very familiar with the genie plus. Just wasn't sure if there is some cool places for us to go hang out as just us. Heard JellyRolls is good and maybe some cool places at disney springs as well.

ASM secret menu has not come back since covid, sadly. Definitely look up YouTube videos on how to use the Virtual Queue if you want to get on Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy without paying.

ASM secret menu has not come back since covid, sadly. Definitely look up YouTube videos on how to use the Virtual Queue if you want to get on Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy without paying.
thanks yeah, when we went last November with all the kids I was able to sneak away and ride them, they both were amazing actually. Wife didn't ride them as she just had the baby but now we are excited to ride all the rides together again.

My DH and I just did our 30th wedding anniversary trip this past December. We loved Enchanted Rose and Narcoossees at GF and Wine Bar George at Disney Springs.

My DH and I just did our 30th wedding anniversary trip this past December. We loved Enchanted Rose and Narcoossees at GF and Wine Bar George at Disney Springs.
Second Narcoossee and ER … we weren’t fans of WBG … we always hit Yak and Yeti Bar (join D3 and ask about the secret drink and food menu) and Nomad Lounge at AK … Tune In Lounge is also a frequent stop for us, as is Hole in the Wall at Raglan Road, Boathouse bar and Hangar Bar at DS

How does it work now with extended hours? Because we are staying at a mod resort but see only deluxe resorts can make use of it. How will they know that we aren't staying at a deluxe? I know for the parties its easy because of the bands but never understood how they can enforce the resort part of it once we are already in the park

How does it work now with extended hours? Because we are staying at a mod resort but see only deluxe resorts can make use of it. How will they know that we aren't staying at a deluxe? I know for the parties its easy because of the bands but never understood how they can enforce the resort part of it once we are already in the park
They check bands

Does anyone know if disney will be extending the times for week of 4/1? Not sure how frequent the change but it says MK is only 9-9 usually its open until like 10 min.

Does anyone know if disney will be extending the times for week of 4/1? Not sure how frequent the change but it says MK is only 9-9 usually its open until like 10 min.

They haven't announced yet, but I think that it is likely that they will. They just did late march.

Last edited:
You have to tap in at every ride.

Anyone ever have any luck with last second cancellations for a fireworks party? Trying to go to the 4/2 party and its been all booked for awhile. Also what is the difference between them because I see 3 lol. All 3 are booked out though.

My husband and I had a few days to ourselves last spring. Although it's probably too late, we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really enjoyed it. It does take about 4 hours, but for us it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter