Wide World of Sports

CatherineH

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if there's anything to do at the Wide World of Sports - as in attractions or interactive play etcetera? I tried looking on the website and it doesn't appear to have anything like this.

Giving this a bump...

I am looking for the answer to this too...

If I am not going there to watch an event... what else is there to do?
I have 2 boys (6 & 10) and thought there may be something interesting for them to see there..:confused3

thanks!

I would like to know as well..... never been, but always wanted to go.... but not sure what we are in for??

I have never been there neither, and never seen any resort bus that go there, so I think there is nothing touristy there. Otherwise they would advertis it like crazy, right?

I have been there multiple times to watch the nephews play baseball and basketball. There is a restaurant there that is OK (not worth going too). They sponsor multiple sports events for teams year round. There are cheerleading competitions, soccer, basletball, baseball, etc. Teams from all over the US come and all ages. If you do not have a child participating, I would not go. Transportation to and from is not fast or easy. We usually took a taxi for speed.

There is nothing there worth going to, unless you want to see one of the competitions taking place there.

Sometimes there are bigger events there that require separate admission fees.

Prior to all of the name changing and re-modeling there was an NFL experience where you could "be" an NFL player for a day. The restaurant used to be an All-Star Cafe and now is a non-themed sports restaurant. There really is not much to see other than buildings and fields. There is a gift shop (if you can call it that). What is was and what it is now, I would not waste your time (it can be a big pain to get over there) or your money (especially if you cab it) to go and see it.

The restaurant used to be an All-Star Cafe and now is a non-themed sports restaurant.

It was actually the last of the All-Star Cafes to close, just a few years ago. I think the chain had pretty much failed long before that though.

ESPN Wide World of Sports is a GORGEOUS facility,but as mentioned,there isn't really anything to do there if you aren't attending an event.

There are A LOT of events held there.I have attended such events as Disney Channel Games 2007 and 2008,Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp,Pop Warner Championships and Cheer and Dance Worlds.:)

The Disney bus route has recently changed from Hollywood Studios-WWoS-Hollywood Studios to:
All-Star Resort-WWoS-All-Star Resort
and
Pop Century/Caribbean Beach Resort-WWoS-Pop Century/Caribbean Beach Resort:)

would anyone reccomened the restraunt that is loacated over there? I heard it was very good from a couple of people but im looking for more input.

would anyone reccomened the restraunt that is loacated over there? I heard it was very good from a couple of people but im looking for more input.
It was recently "rethemed" and is now called the ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill.:)

It is basically a "Sports Bar/restaurant" with a lot of TVs showing various sporting events.

The food is basic "Sports Bar/restaurant" food.

Here is more info.:) http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/complex/sports-grill/

I just think it is funny that it is included in the water parks and more option, if there isnothing to really do there..:confused3
If there was a game or event going on it still would be an additional cost, even with the water parks and more option. I called and asked, the CM I got said there is memorabilia on the walls, and a Playstation room.
Is there typically a cost involved just to walk around? Why is this on the water Parks and more ticket options.... I don't get it?
:rotfl:

I just think it is funny that it is included in the water parks and more option, if there isnothing to really do there..:confused3
If there was a game or event going on it still would be an additional cost, even with the water parks and more option. I called and asked, the CM I got said there is memorabilia on the walls, and a Playstation room.
Is there typically a cost involved just to walk around? Why is this on the water Parks and more ticket options.... I don't get it?
:rotfl:
Since the closure of the NFL Sports Experience,it is EXTREMELY "weird" why WWoS is still a WP&M option.:)

It is $13.50 to enter the facility unless you are just going to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill.:)

I haven't been able to come up with a good reason why Disney leaves WWoS on the WP&M options since the closure of the Sports Experience.:)

I haven't been able to come up with a good reason why Disney leaves WWoS on the WP&M options since the closure of the Sports Experience.:)

Because they needed to leave something still on the list when they got rid of PI? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter