Wich resort is most festive @hoilidays?

nettii

DIS Veteran
We just got home:goodvibes :love: LOved our second trip,cant wait to go back ,:rolleyes1 so we are thinking Christmas 2008:hug: -So the question is wich resort would give us have the best Christmas spirit:santa: -It dosnt matter if its value or delux.:wizard:
Thnks Nettii

I've heard that the Wilderness Lodge is absolutely beautiful at christmas. Haven't been there myself, but would love to go!

My favs at Christmas are GF, Poly and WL. They do awesome jobs of decorating there. I can still smell the gingerbread from the GF!!!

:santa: :cloud9: Pictures would be great too!:goodvibes :santa:

We have never stayed at the GF, but we LOVE the WL especially at christmas.:cool1:

WL

Christmas06118.jpg

Christmas06111.jpg

VACATION20612-1.jpg

VACATION20402.jpg

vacation20421.jpg

WLTree4.jpg

GF

VACATION20112.jpg

VACATION20092.jpg

VACATION20072.jpg

VACATION20102.jpg

VACATION20052.jpg

I think that all of the hotels pretty much go all out for the holidays. It's the most popular time of year to go to WDW and the resorts want to immerse you in the spirit of the season.

All the resorts are lovely at Christmas. But in the two years we have been at Christmastime I would have to say the Grand Floridian with its beautiful tree and the huge gingerbread house as well as the Wildnerness Lodge were my favorites. The Wildnerness Lodge's overall theme just really goes well with the wintertime Christmas thing. I also thought the Animal Kingdom Lodge was really neat at the holidays. The good news is that whichever one you stay at, you can easily check out the others by dining at them or just going in for a look. Christmas at WDW is wonderful, make sure you go to MVMCP if its going when you are there and see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. That in particular was the best thing we have done at any Christmas at home or away. Have a great trip!

I love the Boardwalk at Christmas. Not only is the resort lobby decorated with the huge roller coaster display, outside on the "Village Green" is a poinsetta tree, and all the light poles along the Boardwalk are decorated with Garland. And you hear that beautiful Christmas music.

I made it a point for our family to visit all the deluxe resorts just to see the Christmas decorations. We actually stayed at WL where the decorations were amazing. Everywhere you looked there was something special for Christmas. The GF's decorations (gingerbread house, garland, tree, etc.) were good also.

The Yacht Club had a train set-up and another resort had a chocolate carousel.
The Contemporary had a confectionary Pinocchio set-up and a sort of large pop culture Christmas Tree out front. I don't remember the Contemporary having anything extra special.

The Polynesian had decorations but I have a hard time with "tropical" at Christmas.

The AKL had a really interesting tree, but with two small children we did not stay there due to it being far from MK. We were only there to eat dinner.

I have a hard time getiing into the Christmas mood with all the events and making sure it is great for our family. Last year when we went to Disney during the Thanksgiving week. The vacation put me in the mood for Christmas. It was great. I hope you have a good time.

Staying at WL during the Christmas season was unbelievable. Beautiful decorations everywhere. At night there was always special music performed by instrumentalists, choirs, bellringers, etc. in the lobby.
GF was also beautiful in a different sort of way. Beautiful christmas music played by orchestra, gingerbread house, decorations, etc.
The decision would just depend on personal preference due to the themes of decorations and music. Woodsy downhome decorations and music at WL, or Classy decorations and music at GF. Either way you can't go wrong.:banana: :woohoo:

After touring around the some of deluxes last Christmas, I would have to say AKL was the the most beautifully decorated. WL was second, GF third, then Poly and then CR.

BC was the worst.

Wow all the pictures and suggestions are great Im soo excited to think of spending time at my most favorite place at my most favorite time of the year! :santa: Its not untill 2008 but as all us DISers know its never to early to start planning!:surfweb: ;)
What is the best time to go at Christmas? Regarding crowds?
thnks Nettii:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter