• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wich Attraction Should get the Next Major Rehab??

MK: touch-up CoP, maybe new track for the speedway, and YES, bring back the original Tiki Room. I agree that Splash Mtn. needs touched up as well.
Epcot: WoL. Get something in there, folks.
DHS: Star Tours (I know a rehab is coming, but this can't be said enough). Also, bringing the Indiana Jones ride would be sweet!
DAK: How about finally adding the land with fantastic/mythological animals?

I don't think CoP, Jungle Cruise, or Soarin' should be messed with. :goodvibes However, some things need improvement...
MK: Tiki Room needs to go back to original version! :mad:
DHS: Maybe Star Tours...
AK: Fix the Yeti, please ;)
I have no idea what could be referbed at EPCOT at the moment so... I think it's perfect! :thumbsup2
These are just my opinions, so feel free to disagree! :cool2:

EE - I hope the Yeti is working when I get to ride it for the first time!

Jungle Cruise

Star Tours

A multi-national Soarin' film. Or at the very least, all of US, not just CA.

How about a new Indy show? I LOVE Indiana Jones, but that is the same exact show that it was when it opened years and years ago.....

Great Movie Ride (update, refurb, not change)

Country Bear Jamboree - can this be done BEFORE I get there in Sept? I really don't want to sit thru it in the state it's in, but I may not have a choice. I won't fuss if it happens to be closed in Sept b/c someone took my advice!:rotfl2:

Star tours for sure, and the speedway should be like updated using technology from GM test track

I hear Star Tours is going to be next, and I think it really needs it.

After that, I'd like to see The Great Movie Ride updated. I love it but I think most kids today don't relate to it because it's so dated.

I'd love to see them do something centered around Enchanted (perhaps in the studios over by the NYC backdrop) and I'd love it if they got rid of Stitch and centered an attraction in Tomorrowland around Wall-E. It would have to be somethong good though, something that truly encapsulates the spirit of the movie.

Here's my grocery list:

First, torch Stitch and Indy and rebuild them both from the ground up.

Put Hi Def video into The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours. Two movie-based attractions with the poorest video quality in all of WDW -- ironic, n'est pas?

Return the Tiki Room to its original state -- remove obnoxious Iago, snooty Zazu and that lame trying-too-hard-to-be-hip music

Update all the 3-D :3dglasses shows to that snazzy new 3-D all the cool kids are using these days, and chuck the ugly, angular circa-1989 3D glasses

And then, polish up the Jungle Cruise. :lovestruc

Great question!

MK:
Stitch - Needs to be drastically improved or completely removed
Speedway - Needs to go or make it at least futuristic
Peter Pan's Flight - Needs a face lift. I think they could definitely make some improvements and update the ride technology.
Jungle Cruise - Could be updated with better animatronics/scenes and still keep the original campy feel

Epcot:
Honey I Shrunk the Audience - Needs a face lift. And get rid of that horrible kodak ad that they call a pre-show!
Wonders of Life - Bring back Cranium Command with updated technology
Maelstrom - needs an update badly - I love it, but it's definitely showing its age

DHS:
Star Tours - I used to work there, so it has a special place in my heart...but boy does it need an update! It's sad to see such a great attraction get so far behind in technology.
Great Movie Ride - Add a new scene or two to keep it current
Muppets - Could use a new video or at least add some new effects to keep it fresh.

DAK:
None that I can think of.

I think Star Tours could use a new movie instead of the same old one. Maybe some kind of 3D something. Also we just got back a week ago from WDW and I thought Buzz Lightyear was looking shabby. It looked like it need some paint and some cleaning up. I also with they would change the "guns" on Buzz Lightyear because I think it's difficult to shoot and know where you are shooting.

The Speedway....a great place to introduce the characters in Cars!

Exactly what I was going to say!

I also agree about the Tiki Room. I used to love it growing up but when I took my kids there for the first time I just had this stunned look on my face. It was the dumbest & most sarcastic thing there. I couldn't believe I was excited to show them the birds. :confused3

Muppet Vision needs to have the same stuff that the version in DCA has: digital film and updated animatronics.

Pretty much all the 3D movies (apart from Philharmagic maybe) need to convert to digital because they all show their age. Honey I shrunk the Audience should probably be redone too (preshow and film).

Fantasmic needs to follow Disneyland's example too and go digital with the projections and maybe add some characters.

Get rid of Stitch. Dumbest ride I've ever been on.

A little OT, but do you remember when the Country Bears had the three girl bears in the bikinis and they sang "California Dreamin" .....wish we all could be California country bears...la la la???? Oh I loved that! Wish they would bring it back!

MK: Tiki room, Stitch
DS: Indiana Jones, Muppets, Great Movie Ride
EPCOT: Imagination, the original ride was so much better
AK: Change the story line in the Safari

Rather than refurbs, I would rather that they finish World Showcase and Animal Kingdom.

There should be another ride at least in World Showcase, and about 3 new countries. There should be another Land in Animal Kingdom.

But if I had to refurb just one thing, I would pick Indy Jones show in HS.

PETER PAN'S FLIGHT!!!
It's too short for the wait times. I would leave the boats so it is still a "flight" but replace those character statues into something more animatronic and more realistic. That glow in the dark paint has got to go.

We thought that It's a small world was showing a lot of wear and tear when we were there in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter