Why "We" Love FP- at Disneyland...

Mad Hattered

I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.
Day ONE...

This post is sponsored by a man who likes hats. He digs girls named Alice and pink-striped cats. Hooka-smoking caterpillars are the only plus... but FP- is better; disagree if you must.

We checked in, then "checked out" and took in the view from our room. We'll have little sleep because we will be in there soon...

After "suffering" libations from old Trader Sam, our hearts swelled as we "walked" back...a sucker, I am...

Some like to sleep in but we like to go. First at the Gate is something we know...

Straight to the FP and then to the line...we had one in hand and were close to riding at 9...

Off to pull FP for World of Color...some say the show is unlike another...

After our smoke fix it was then off to TOT. To not pull a FP?...Oh, certainly not! Ride it in Standby and then off to Story...who needs an elbow...it's all about Glory!

To some, I understand this isn't your pace...but pardon us now as we head off to Space...

Ride it in Standby then what should we do? Let's take a picture...4 is greater than two...

5 is greater than 4...or so I am told. But to pull such a move is certainly bold. Easy to do, it's certainly not...but I'm not a baker and neither are you.

We used the first three and were off to find more. "Collecting" them, no, as some would say, "whoa!" We smoked and we ate and enjoyed the sights.

But due to location we might as well ride. We are ride junkies, it's not easy to hide. We then stopped to smoke by waterfront's side...Damn, Haunted Mansion...we might as well ride (huge HM Mansion FTR)!

Now back to Cali where some call it "Screamin". We've pulled 8 freaking passes, some call it Dreaming.

Because we like short re-rides on our favorite ones....let's pull another...but wait, we aren't done.

Frozen we're not and we choose to ignore. Can't we all feel the same? Do you really want more? Sometimes you walk by, not sure what you'll find...we crushed a kids's dreams...life's not always kind.

With time to kill it's time to drink swill...Nachos and Funwheels...we certainly will.

Enjoying our ride with no wait at night....when life comes together it feels oh, so right...

We've used all our passes, with this the last one. But the night is not short...surely not done. We high five each other and with a tip of a hat....we kiss and we know that we have just killed that...

Loved it! I'd add only that Rider Switch Passes can double your fun at DL too, especially since only once out of maybe 20 times did they actually want to see the non-riding child and parent. But I also still appreciate the advance scheduling benefits of FP+ when you have little kids and can't quite as nimbly move about the park and pull Fastpasses throughout the day.

What? Only 11 FPs in one day? And you had to visit two parks to do it! Amateur! :joker:

If it makes us look any better....we actually gamed the system by letting us both go in for the Frozen M & G with the one FP we found on the ground (which clearly has stroller treadmarks on it). DW also found a glow bracelet later which she proudly sported. It was truly Magical!

I've done this with FP in Mk prior to FP+.

You can't any more.

It would serve as a good notification for those who haven't yet experienced the downfalls of FP+ and a good reminder for those who only got to do it on the testing.

Does this help anyone plan their trips to WDW? No. Does it discourage newbies from visiting somewhat? Yes. It's not constructive- why are these sort of posts allowed?

I apologize. You used to be able to this at WDW. My bad. :rolleyes1

And don't be such a "hater". Perhaps it will help someone to plan a trip to DLR that is reading this side of the board. Pssssst....don't go during Christmas (or any other Holiday for that matter). It's MAGICAL!! pixiedust:

Last edited:
It was certainly like this at WDW at one time. I think that that is the point.

Besides the pictures are fabulous. Be sure to post this on the DL forum too if you haven't yet.

So what's this got to do with Disney World trip planning?

It was certainly like this at WDW at one time. I think that that is the point.

Besides the pictures are fabulous. Be sure to post this on the DL forum too if you haven't yet.

I have. In "that" thread. T-minus 10...9...8...

I feel like Sigourney Weaver when she was yelling at "Mom" during the ending of Alien. LOL

Does this help anyone plan their trips to WDW? No. Does it discourage newbies from visiting somewhat? Yes. It's not constructive- why are these sort of posts allowed?

The post is very helpful. If you believe that FP+ is a huge negative then you should really skip WDW and go to DL instead. The quality of the rides, logistics, FP-, and the weather are far superior in California than Florida.

So to sum up one day it was like this...it wasn't all about FP. It should also be known that we walked 72.61 miles from Monday until Sunday. That also included a day at Newport Beach and Long Beach so that we would take a break from FP-...but mostly so we could touch the Ocean. We are weird like that...

Day one...

RSR...4 times...two with FP
TOT...4 times...three with FP
California Screaming...one with FP
Space Mountain....3 times...once with FP
Star Tours...twice...once with FP
Splash...once with FP
World of Color....once with FP Blue Section (best)
Bonus 11th FP we found on the ground for A & E but was able to use for both of us.

Other SB rides were:
Under the Sea (stupid ride regardless of Coast)
Monsters Inc
BTMR two times
Haunted Mansion
POC
Walk through the Tarzan tree house

Then there was lunch at Harbour Galley (Lobster Roll with chips)
6 beer stops
Dinner at Cove Bar (Lobster Nachos, two Micky Funwheel drinks and two Krauss Tower 10 IPAs)
13 cig breaks (nasty habit but we like to call it people watching...sounds more PC)
Various shopping stops

Some call that a week....we call it a day.

Friday was our "chill" day...

I can post more pics if anyone likes. I mean...we did go back to the parks that night for our Blue Bayou F! dinner package with premium seating...

I think you forgot to mention all the sprinting ... crazy park cross crossing sprinted that was necessary to pull those fp.

I am sure I keep being told you have to do that even to get 1 ....

You must have REALLY sprinted because I am sure you pulled all those fps before 10 am ... because after 10 am all the fast passes are gone .... you must have been exhausted ...

I think you forgot to mention all the sprinting ... crazy park cross crossing sprinted that was necessary to pull those fp.

I am sure I keep being told you have to do that even to get 1 ....

You must have REALLY sprinted because I am sure you pulled all those fps before 10 am ... because after 10 am all the fast passes are gone .... you must have been exhausted ...

Oh, for sure! I totally ran kids over. LOL It's funny you mention that. We were at rope drop at DL on Wednesday...first in line I will have you know! We were briskly walking (NOT RUNNING AT ALL....the guards told us NOT to so we didn't). Then right before we were the first ones in line at Space this family comes sprinting by us (actually Dad was brisk walking...it was the kids and Mom that ran past us). They all bragged and stated how they were all FIRST and raised their "number one finger". DW and I raised "our number one finger" and I explained to Mom that she was a perfect role model and hoped she could help her kids cheat their way through the rest of their lives. LOL!

If she posts on here and sees this then she should know I could have crushed their "sprinting" had I wanted to. I will give you this one, Malificent...just don't look so smug. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter