• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why was it so busy?

Ally&Alec's Mom

Earning My Ears
We visited MK and MGM on October 12 & 13th, it was soooo busy! Does anyone know why the crowd level was so high? Was it because of Columbus day holiday? I was anticipating a low crowd level, but it was as busy as it is when Ive been over spring break. My husband is not a crowd person, so now he is totally turned off by Disney World and I dont think I will ever get him to return. Just wondering if there were any reasons why it was so crowded? MNSSHP, Free Dining, School Vacation??? Thanks for the info!

I have no clue. I took DS the Saturday before Columbus Day, just me and him and it was soo crowed that we left within an hour of being there and only got to do one ride. I was wondering why it was so crowed myself, thinking it was the holiday but who knows. I know it was just about as crowed as I've seen it on Christmas Day and more then it ever was at Mardi Gras.

I don't think it was just because of Columbus Day . . .

Just me and DH went for our anniversary 10/10 - 10/13 and by 10/13 the parks were getting very very busy . . .and the humidity and temps were ugh!

We went to Epcot on 10/11 and it wasn't busy at all . . .by 10/13 I was ready to call it quits (thank god we were leaving that night) Epcot was soooooooooo crowded . . .Maybe due to the Food & Wine Festival?

MNSSHP on 10/11 was pretty busy but the night time extra hours on 10/12 at MK was just crazy . . .

I'm sure our crowds at Easter 06 will be unbearable . . . :sunny: I think from now on we'll try after Thanksgiving . . .

I think it was all of those things...Columbus Day, MNSSHP, F&W at Epcot, free dining. We were there Oct. 7-10, and I haven't seen crowds like that since I was a teenager. My family used to go every year at spring break time. I'm definitely rethinking Oct. as my favorite time.

The schools around here are closed for Columbus Day. I know several people who pull their kids out of school for a WDW trip and select the weekend before Columbus Day and that whole following week so that the kids are missing only 4 days of school and not 5. I'm guessing many families do this. This was a favorite time of year for us to visit but to give ourselves the best chance of lower crowds, we now avoid any week with even one school holiday in it.

Monday, October 10 was also Thanksgiving here in Canada, so a long weekend for us. That probably wouldn't make much difference to the crowd levels, but may have added a few bodies.

our kids had a fall break. overheard someone say some of the florida schools were out too.

probably a combination of all reasons mention led to the huge crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter