Why split time between two resorts in one trip?

pedigot1

Officail disney world nut, or so my wife says!
I'vs seen on a lot of folks posts that they have split time for thier vacation between two different resorts. Would that not be a hassle to have to unpack, then pack up two or three days later and move, then unpack again and so on? :confused:

I don't for the reasons you mention. However, we're splitting our stay in December so the first-timers in our group can experience both a deluxe resort and a value resort.

Many people do it to be able to stay at all of the resorts. Many of us can visit only every two or three years, so it's the only way we're likely to stay at all--or most of--the resorts!

Not really. We generally leave most everything in the suitcase. It only takes 10-15 minutes to pack the toiletries back up. Not that big of a deal.

There can be lots of reasons to do it. Maybe you really like the feel of both resorts and want to enjoy both. Maybe you want to be close to MK and then stay by Epcot/MGM. Maybe the room rate changes sometime in your stay and you'd rather move resorts than pay $100 more a night for the same room. Maybe you have a crush on one of the check-in clerks and he works at both resorts.

There are as many reasons as there are people.

We feel that it is worth the extra hassle. We love the different experiences of the different resorts. We feel like we've been transported to a different environment when we move to a different resort.

Disney makes it pretty easy to transition resorts. They will take your luggage from your room and send it to the next resort and bring it to your room. It's very convenient. As you said, you just have to pack and unpack it.

To us it feels like 2 totally different vacations.

We did it once (with kids) and I didn't like it. At the first resort I kept us half packed and never felt settled until we got to the second resort. I like to unpack completely, hide the suitcases, and settle in. It did give us a chance to try a short stay at a coulple of resorts that I wasn't sure I was going to like, and I might try it again if just DH and I go. I want to try all of the deluxes, but the CR is at the very bottom of my list, so it might work out to split a stay just to try it for a couple of days and then move on.

I am glad we did a split stay on our one trip. We are pretty new and have been trying different resorts. We had a few days at vwl and the OKW, we did not like vwl..too dark and dreary for us..just the whole thing was unappealing. Like the boat rides and the pool was ok and the jacuzzi was really good, but the rom and overall feel just is not for us. Luckily our whole trip wasn't wasted there.

Our next trip we will try POR,BWV and CSR we are sans kids and simply want to scope out resorts fr future trips.
Some folks change around so they can afford a deluxe for a few days by balancing with a value

I'm not sure I'd do a split stay for less than a week. Last summer we were at WDW 13 nights, so we split POR/Dolphin. We were able to really relax and check out the resorts during that time (only had 10 day PH passes), so having two resorts gave us double to explore!
My goal in life (well, one of my goals, anyway!) is to stay at every moderate and deluxe resort in WDW. I'll meet my goal quicker if we do split stays! :)

We did it once a few years ago and I didn't really like it because I felt we never got settled in at either place. We were there for 9 nights. We got a fabulous rate at the Dolphin for 5 nights which allowed us to stay 4 nights CL at the AKL. We had been on the sunrise safari before and wanted to do it again so that made moving worth it.

We are doing it for the first time this year. 5 days at POFQ (where we have always stayed) and 5 days at GF. It has long been a dream of mine to stay at the GF but at those room rates we would have to sacrifice alot of our "fun money" to stay there for 10 days. This way, we still get to do everything we want plus I get to make my dream come true and stay somewhere I've always wanted to.

As far as the packing and unpacking. We usually live out of the suitcase too. I will unpack our toiletries of course and if I unpack clothing it will just be 5 days worth. I know I won't mind the extra work b/c I will be so excited to actually be staying at the GF. (I don't know how DH and DS will feel about it..but hey..when Mom's happy everyone is happy right?! LOL)

Might be worth it only if you stay 7+ nights, and can't afford to stay in one particular class of resort the entire stay. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like it would be worth the hassle.

We have never done it but are considering it on our next trip. We will stay the majority of our trip at WL over Dec 2008. We wanted to spend a couple of days a AKL but the only room available for our family size would be suite. I don't know if we would like staying at AKL the entire stay. We are now thinking we may fly into Orlando late(instead of early) staying an extra night there instead of at the airport.(which is 5 hrs from our home) So this could potentially mean 3 rooms in 8 nights. I am just not sure what to do. It all sounds a bit stressful.

We are doing a split stay this December between AKL and CSR. I have always wanted to stay at both, so we are doing 4 nights each. Could have stayed at AKL all 8 nights, but wanted to try CSR. I don't know when we will make it down to Disney again since I start nursing school next year. Hopefully, I can squeeze a small trip in, but if I can't...then I'm glad I stayed at both resorts.

We never unpack our suitcase except for toiletries. I see no problem with switching resorts. Especially since they handle all the luggage!!! What a lifesaver!!!

We do split stays to try several resorts in one trip and also to save a bit of $$.

For example in December spending our first 2 nights at ASMU instead of CSR will pay for our Christmas dinner. And we can stay an extra night.

To us it's not much trouble, the only thing I don't like is that we're room-less for several hours in the afternoon.

For our trip in April we will be splitting for the first time. 5 nights at CR and 5 nights at WL. We have stayed at the WL before and loved it, so I gues we are going to "get the best of both worlds" as my daughter would say!:rotfl:

We just split our vacation at CSR and POP. We did it for a few reasons. I got such a terrific rate at POP, we couldn't not stay there, but I've always wanted to stay at CSR. I only wanted to do the dining plan for part of our trip because my girls and I eat like birds and I was afraid it would be way too much food for us (which it was). It wasn't a hassle at all. Disney handeled our luggage for us, and like a PP said, it was almost like having two vacations.

We feel that it is worth the extra hassle. We love the different experiences of the different resorts. We feel like we've been transported to a different environment when we move to a different resort.

Disney makes it pretty easy to transition resorts. They will take your luggage from your room and send it to the next resort and bring it to your room. It's very convenient. As you said, you just have to pack and unpack it.

To us it feels like 2 totally different vacations.

Agree here.

we've switched resorts on our last 2 trips, and it's been fine!
Why do we do it? Well, this time, we wanted to do WL CL but not for the whole trip, so we did 4 nights at Pop first...and it was great! No biggie to pack up in the middle, and they do a great job of moving your stuff for you!

We are doing a split stay this time, because mom wanted to try WL, and DS wanted to do POFQ again, after a lot of begging mom gave in, and decided to do a split stay.

We split whenever we rent points from a DVC member. The point rates for DVC on the weekends are much higher than Su-Th so we save by spending Friday and Saturday at a moderate.

Jennifer

We go to Disney once a year for the past 7 years, splitting gives us a chance to try a new resort. Our vacations are usually between 7 - 9 nights, we like to stay part of the time at an old favorite and then a couple of nights at a new resort. We really like it, but our children are older and can help pack and unpack :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter