Why so many Vero resales

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
You would expect there to be a lot of BWV & OKW resales since there are more members combined between these two resorts but what is causing so many resales at VERO. I counted over 20 between the two big resale sites. Is it a timing thing with the weather or are people losing interest in Vero. Are the Vero members finding it hard to get reservations at the other DVC resorts at the 7 month window.

Ed

No one can say for sure, but off the top of my head I could think of some possibilities.

One would be that it may take longer to do a Vero resale. Therefore, they would stay in the listings longer eventually building up more than the WDW resorts that experience quicker turnover.

Another factor may be the increase in dues at Vero. Some folks just may not have the cash to cover the increase. People who bought "cheaper" at Vero never intending to stay there, may not have been prepared for the substantial dues increase.

And, of course, there's the general time factor. Vero has been open for quite awhile and is probably experiencing the lifestyle changes sales such as divorce, death, change in status, etc.

Just my thoughts.

I just looked at the Timeshare Store listings. I see 8 Vero resales and 7 Hilton Head Sales and a mix that even includes a VWL sale. I don't think there's any rush to unload Vero -- just looks like normal turnover.

My opinion....

1) Dues....the original buyers may have been told of the possibility of the subsidy ending, but I am sure most people never thought it a real possibility. Many were fooled into buying there and that brings us to....

2) The reality of the seven month window sinks in. It turns out that home resort does matter. Why should someone who want to primarily stay at WDW DVC resorts be paying the highest dues of any resort and also be forced to deal with the seven month window....it just doesn't make sense.

It is a great choice is you want to spend the majority of your vacations there. I am very happy to have it as an option.....I just would have any desire to own there.

I wondered the same thing about a month ago--and then went and added on at VB! Now we don't have to use our OKW points when we want to go to the beach. We did want to have the 11 month window at VB, however, so the 100 point add-on will work out great!

We have 210 pts at Vero and remain happy Vero owners! Different strokes for different folks:)

My children 14 & 10 prefer VB (they are beach bums) over the other resorts, that is why we bought there. When we go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot or MGM we don't spend a lot of time at the hotel. That was another reason we chose VB, we hang out at the resort. We love it. Very happy with our decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter