Why so many SSR resales available?

dudleydog

DIS Veteran
Just b/c there are so many SSR members? A ton of resales and we know DVC still has pts to sell.

Probably a combination of that and last year's great F&F offer coupled with news of more DVCs coming down the pipeline. It's easier to get rid of small contracts to finance new ones then large ones later.

Also if the mortgage industry has shown us anything the last year, some folks overspent and are now having to divest.

Just b/c there are so many SSR members? A ton of resales and we know DVC still has pts to sell.

The number of resales are in perportion to resort size. If you look at the ratio of actual resort owners of each resort, to the number of resales at each resort, the numbers are within a close range of each other.

With currently selling resorts and the right promotion, it's possible to purchase for the incentive with no intention of keeping the contract long term.

Sorry all of you SSR lovers out there, but i'm just not that in to my home resort (SSR). If I could go back and redo I would have bought resale at BCV or BWV. If I had the time and energy you'd be seeing my contract up there as well.

HOWEVER, i must also express my love in general to this whole idea of DVC! i'm an extremely proud DVC owner, just not a huge SSR fan.

I agree, it's relative to the size of the resort. I think SSR is beautiful, and it's great to be across from DTD. We just stayed @ BWV and the location there is great too. We did miss having a counter service restaurant, and the elegant rooms of SSR. Each resort has something special to offer. I'd say lots of SSR resales because there is lots of SSR!:rotfl:

Sorry all of you SSR lovers out there, but i'm just not that in to my home resort (SSR). If I could go back and redo I would have bought resale at BCV or BWV. If I had the time and energy you'd be seeing my contract up there as well.

HOWEVER, i must also express my love in general to this whole idea of DVC! i'm an extremely proud DVC owner, just not a huge SSR fan.

What don't you like?

I asked a similar question recently and got some "heated" responses. You may want to search for it .....many folks answered there.

Connears

You could still do it. From what I hear TSS makes it easy to do a resale. But you'll probably want to buy your BWV or BCV contract first so you're not out of any DVC points.

As with any resort, they are not all good homes for everyone. And too few new buyers realize they could buy resale points direct from Disney. The guides are not focused on selling sold out resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter