Why so busy? Oct 17-23 missed 180 day window

slug

DIS Veteran
I was out of the country and missed our 180 day window. Any opinions or thoughts on why it seems to be more difficult than usual to get adrs the week of 10/17 - 10/23 ?

I was out of the country and missed our 180 day window. Any opinions or thoughts on why it seems to be more difficult than usual to get adrs the week of 10/17 - 10/23 ?
Just keep checking. There may have been some people who booked ADRs in hopes of getting free dining and now that it has been announced they would cancel reservations during your trip dates. And there are always available restaurants as you get closer.

Lots of schools have fall break...we do and visited during that time in 2013. It was very busy until around October 25, then became just regular busy.

Thanks guys. Will definitely keep checking regularly. I wasn't surprised that the good times were gone but I am surprised of the sheer volume of places that are completely booked. This is the first time I haven't booked everything right on the 180 mark - won't do that again! :)

I had trouble even right at the 180 window during that time. Checked again today after FD dates were posted and got CP at 8:00. So. I agree with the keep checking!

October is relatively busy in general. Between Halloween and the popularity of MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival, decent weather, Fall breaks, and convention season, it's mid-range in terms of crowd levels. That's why free dining is blacked out for most of October.

love the idea of Disney Dining Scout...couldn't find it for iPhone. is it only available on android phones? also, yes, keep checking for openings. was able to secure BOG (not ideal day or time) at day 147, but thrilled to have the ressie!

That's when we are going! But I was up at 6 am at the 180 days and still couldn't get a lot of what we wanted. And I even got the times and was halfway through booking to get to the end and get the sorry, reservation was pending and lost screen. GRRR It's frustrating! But I will keep checking.......hoping a lot will cancel since they thought it would be free dining then.

The last week of October is pretty booked as well. We are going the 25th - 4th and booking ADRs has been quite a challenge - especially Be Our Guest & Garden Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter