Why oh why did we eat at Palo

Does anyone here NOT like Palo?? I thought it was really gross..the waiter kept bringing us different stuff we didn't ask for and I pretty much had to force everything down. I felt like I was on Fear Factor. :sad1:

Gross? Gross is hair in soup, mold on your strawberry garnish, biting into a mushy cherry tomato, or finding floaters in the water glass before you've drank from it. No, I don't think anything about Palo is gross.

Sorry to hear the experience was lost on you.

We are not terribly fond of Palo and these days only go there on cruises when we are sailing with friends and do a group dinner there. The pizza and souflee are wonderful, but I have never had anything else that is better than average. Also, we have never had the stellar service there some rave about and have had down right lousy service twice. I prefer to eat in the main dining rooms (where our servers have always been superb and the food is yummy) when I am not getting a special chance to dine with friends.

I guess the best part was the chocolate dessert thing with the chocolate sauce he poured in. Oh yeah and the water was really good for some reason.

But "the troll" has such a qualified appreciation of food in general, who doesn't refer to soufflé as a "chocolate thing"?!? :rotfl2:

On second thought please don't go to Palo anymore. :rolleyes1 More reservations will be available to those of us who love Palo and appreciate fine food and spectacular service! :thumbsup2

Princess Scarlett - this is a tough neighborhood to hang out in, true?

Sorta off topic, but all food-related postings set me to thinking. If I point to the sky on a sunshiny day and say, "What color is that?", most people will agree it's blue. If we hear the sound of a bell, we'll all agree "that's a bell." A smell? Most folks dislike the odor of a skunk. But when it comes to taste, we're all over the map, and we can vehemently disagree with each other, and doubt the integrity of the one with a dissenting opinion.

Princess, if you think Palo food is gross, it is indeed gross. I might disagree (and I do. So?), but it doesn't change the reality for you. I hope you can cheerfully blow off those opinions which don't match yours, and forgive the unconcealed disdain some might have of your tastes.

On second thought please don't go to Palo anymore. :rolleyes1 More reservations will be available to those of us who love Palo and appreciate fine food and spectacular service! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Well, you are welcome to ours... We can't stand palo. We have tried it two diffrent times and each time...the food was only so-so the service was down right snobby and rude. We honestly felt as if we were on candid camera..with all the RAVING about it we had such high hopes, and boy were the dashed. DH compares them to Black Angus steak house which we also do not enjoy :sad2: We are sailing again on the June 4th Mexican Riveria cruise and DID NOT book palo at all for any of the 8 of us, so hopefully we made a few folks very happy. :thumbsup2

We love, love, love Palo :love: I may be in the minority when it comes to the famous chocolate souffle (it's a bit too rich for me), but we really enjoyed the Panna Cotta

[QUOTE="Got Disney";25112966] if you read it you will see it..when posters dont like something they say so but not using these kinds of words when 99.9% of everyone likes Palos you can smell a TROLL...in addition check out the posting count....what is it like 49.

Does this convince you.....so am i the one being rude or is the other poster who is clearly trying to stir things up on the boards and also has a very low posting count.[/QUOTE]

When does someone with 49 posts constitute a troll? It used to be "troll country" when someone with 2 posts posted controversial stuff.

ANd you know, while her words may not have been the best, she is allowed to not like it. Just because you say 99.9% of people do doesn't mean that she will.

the OP ate at PALO because of all the rave reviews here...but it really isn't to her liking. I've read several good reviews of Boatwrights on the DIS...and ate there on our last WDW trip and found it to be tolerable at best.

I will say that we had some delicious mushroom dish at PALO and it looked gross....ummmmm did it taste good. Anyone for a pizza? And my filet was good!

Our waiter brought us something else out at dessert. I don't even know the name of it because I was so focused on my chocolate thingy. But the other dessert was some creamy thingy and berries....outstanding...DH and I both agreed that the waiter's choice was a better ending to the meal we ordered than the souffle.

Sorry the op had a bad expience! WE love PALO...

Sorry to hear that you didn't like it.

We have never eaten at Palo...

Fine dining is just not our thing.. We are more into everything else DCL offers, then the food.

Personally, i have a hard time believing a post when it contains words like, gross and chocolate thing.

We love, love, love Palo :love: I may be in the minority when it comes to the famous chocolate souffle (it's a big rich for me), but we really enjoyed the Panna Cotta

Ahhhhh...the panna cotta! In December our server brought chocolate soufflees for everyone at the table without actually asking us if we wanted them. He seemed shocked when I wanted the panna cotta instead! It is heavenly!

Disney fanatics get really annoying in this forum sometimes.

The OP has the right to her opinion as much as everybody else, doesn't matter how many posts she has or her selection of words, what entitles you to call somebody a troll or making fun of that persons post? Who made you the authority? You should be more respecful and tolerant towards diference of opinion.

I'll admit me and my dh were not fond of Palo. We went there based on the rave reviews and found it wasn't our cup of tea. I'm glad we went for the experience but doubt we will return again for dinner (I would love to try brunch).

On our cruise last month, our server brought us an extra dessert that was absolutely excellent! We had ordered the chocolate soufflé, which is very good but the extra one was even better! I think it was called Chocolate Amaretto Delight (or something like that) and it had layers of chocolate, raspberry and chocolate mousse, kind of like a parfait, without the glass.

I do have to say that not everyone enjoys eating at Palo. Some people just don't like the menu items, the atmosphere or maybe even their server. We have always had a good experience there and go back, for either brunch or dinner, on every cruise.

I have no desire to even eat at Palo. There is nothing on the menu that I would even eat. It is one reservation I won't be making so you are not alone OP.

I have no desire to even eat at Palo. There is nothing on the menu that I would even eat. It is one reservation I won't be making so you are not alone OP.

I have to agree. The only thing I would really like to try is the souffle. The rest of the menu?.....Meh :confused3 :rolleyes1

Maybe we should all just agree at how terrible and awful Palo really is...that will leave more open ressies for those of us who know the truth. ;)

We just got off the Wonder and had another awesome dinner and brunch at Palo. Mmmm mmmm mmmm!!! Sometimes the servers will bring you some extra things to try, but politely decline and don't eat 'em if you don't want it. I've had them bring me a little sample of something when I was having a hard time making up my mind. Sometimes they will bring other desserts for you to sample too. Just don't eat what you don't want...I promise they will not force it down your throat.

Personally I can't remember ever having a bad meal at Palo. With 62 cruises, I think there was only twice (first two cruises) that we didn't go there, so that's like 60 meals not even counting brunch. Not a bad one in the bunch...maybe we're just incredibly lucky.

quite agree we tried brunch on the Med cruise and was so disappointed after everyone raving about how great it is. Cancelled dinner booking as would much rather eat at main dining rooms. Everyone is entitled to their own views and should not be ridiculed for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter