Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

Hey Mary Ellen am back and catching up on the boards :goodvibes

Great pics of the Christmas tree and Gingerbread house. Love the Minnie shirt - I wish I had seen it as would've bought that one :laughing:

Sounds like a great meal at CG and that dessert = :cloud9:

Great fireworks and AK pics :thumbsup2

ME, we are leaving Tues. morning. I am so looking forward to beach time & warm weather!;)

I will defineatly have to see the bird show, not afraid of birds, but am afraid of chickens! I know it's silly, buy there you have it!:confused3

[ QUOTE=MEK;44063723]
:rotfl2: Seriously! I must get stage fright or something because my mind went blank. We were only up there for a couple minutes and the only thing I remember thinking is "I hope I don't look fat". :rotfl: Yup - that's me! :rotfl:

If you've never seen the show, I would recommend it. It was entertaining and the birds were cool. Plus you get to sit! :laughing: [ /quote ]

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

[ QUOTE=MEK;44063723]
I "almost" get it from reading this, but not quite. I do know that it sounds easier than what I am doing. But I am a little slow when it comes to computer stuff. Denny makes fun of me all the time, but I swear its because when I had my kids and stopped working with computers for those 2 or 3 years, windows exploded. I feel like I never caught up. Probably a lame excuse, but there it is. But I'm going to fool around with this and figure it out. Thanks Glen! [ /quote ]

I quoted these and then inserted a space you could see the quote. I usually type the quote in orange since it is short at the end of what I want to comment on and then copy and past the beginning quote in purple to the start of that section. I think I have gotten carried away and sometimes need to remember to copy and paste the second person in a reply or the wrong person gets the 'quote'. :laughing:

You have just convinced me that Flights of Wonder is a must on our trip! Those birds are so majestic...absolutely beautiful!

I really do recommend it. I guess you couldn't go see it in August, could you? Jeff would have absolutely freaked! :scared1: Actually, it might be a good immersion for him. A half an hour in there and he should be over his fear! :thumbsup2

You are making me re-think Yak and Yeti on our AK day tho.....:confused3

Don't rethink it. Just pick the right items of the menu. Definitely get the green beans - they were so good and I really think my salad would have been perfect with a better cut of tuna.

Just recognize that all of those bracket-command thingees tell it where to start and where to end something....whether it's quoting, bolding, sizing, coloring, a link, or an image. That's all they're doing.

Well, like I said. I still haven't quite mastered your way, but I have found that its a lot easier just to copy the
and put that before each break and then copy the
at the end. That way I am not deleting anything. I like that! So thanks for that tip. I feel so much more efficient! :laughing:

106fy8p.gif

Hmmmmmmm........I wonder what THAT means. ;)

Pretty good. You attributed some of Pat's quotes (I think) to me, but other than that not too bad.

I'm going to keep playing with your method and see if I can continue to expand my limited computer abilities.

It's not my first time here but it might just be my first time posting! LOL I lurked for a bit long ago and then lost it :confused3 subscription lost in cyber space I guess. :lmao:

Well, thanks for unlurking! I have to admit, I am not a good lurker. If I get on someone's TR I have to open my big mouth and say something. :rolleyes1

The tarantula is almost to the front of the queue, where you start going down to the water. It's in a cage and was huge! (maybe that's my fear remembering) but it had to be twice the size of a real one. It took a while for the clapping to work. We almost gave up but the line still wasn't moving so we started clapping again louder. Whew! My heart was racing!

I'm so glad you told me this because I can't wait to try this in June so I can scare the crap out of my nephews (wait - that sounds kind of mean, doesn't it? :laughing:). Let me change that phrasing - I want to SURPRISE my nephews. How's that?

Love your bird pictures! I've never made it to Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to make a point of it next time. (Even though, I'll admit to a teeny tiny fear of birds. But I'll be brave.)

So glad you liked the bird pics. I hope you do try FOW. It was a lot of fun (unless a bird is flying directly at you :rotfl:). I felt just close enough to all the action and I was sitting to the left of the stage in the back set of bleachers. Pretty safe there.

I agree with you about Yak & Yeti...it's very hit or miss. I had one good meal there, and one really disappointing meal there. At least it's a pleasant place to sit in, though!

It is a very pleasant place to sit and I imagine its a wonderful reprieve from the summer heat. I am so going back there for a Yak Attack and some more green beans, but I'll go to the bar!

Hey Mary Ellen am back and catching up on the boards :goodvibes

Welcome back Tanz! Good to see you catching up! Don't be a stranger now that you've wrapped up your TR.

Great pics of the Christmas tree and Gingerbread house. Love the Minnie shirt - I wish I had seen it as would've bought that one :laughing:

Isn't that the cutest shirt. I was tempted, but the $30 price tag held me back. For some reason I just can't pay inflated prices for a T-shirt. I would rather put that $ to regular clothes. I love a cute T-shirt, but at Disney I buy what's on sale.

Sounds like a great meal at CG and that dessert = :cloud9:

It was such a enjoyable meal. Perfect evening. I'm so glad we were able to take Nick there and he really enjoyed himself. The fireworks were the perfect end to the evening.

Great fireworks and AK pics :thumbsup2

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the pics. I have soooooooooooooooo many more AK pics. I did photograph the Christmas parade and got quite a few there, but I got some cool Osbourne light pictures so stick around!

I have a few more replies to do, but I have to get ready for church now. Later!

ME, we are leaving Tues. morning. I am so looking forward to beach time & warm weather!;)

You are so lucky! I don't blame you one bit for looking forward to the warm weather, Have a marvelous time!

I will defineatly have to see the bird show, not afraid of birds, but am afraid of chickens! I know it's silly, buy there you have it!:confused3

You know - the only chicken/rooster I saw was the one at the end of the show. Maybe the sent him out to pick up all the crumbs left over from the other birds. :rotfl:

Glad you found that amusing. Sometimes I think the dumbest stuff when I am in public. :rotfl: either that or my mind goes completely blank! :rolleyes1

I quoted these and then inserted a space you could see the quote. I usually type the quote in orange since it is short at the end of what I want to comment on and then copy and past the beginning quote in purple to the start of that section. I think I have gotten carried away and sometimes need to remember to copy and paste the second person in a reply or the wrong person gets the 'quote'. :laughing:

Well, that sounds exactly like what I have been trying to do. It's working pretty well and I like that I am not deleting most of the reply and then pasting it back in again. Thanks!

Glad you found that amusing. Sometimes I think the dumbest stuff when I am in public. :rotfl: either that or my mind goes completely blank! :rolleyes1

I only chuckle because I usually and thinking about tripping and falling. :rotfl2: Even if I am standing still. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've never seen FoW. It looks cute & I'd like to see it but I'm not sure what the boys would think of it. I have it on our list for April but we'll see... :confused3

I've never seen FoW. It looks cute & I'd like to see it but I'm not sure what the boys would think of it. I have it on our list for April but we'll see... :confused3

Do the boys like birds or are they afraid of them? It's actually a pretty entertaining show. There really aren't any slow parts, so I think it would keep their attention. There were a lot of younger kids in there. They keep it moving pretty well and the story line is pretty cute. But I know how hard it can be to try to fit everything in.

Unbelievable fireworks photos! I felt like I was there with you, Mary Ellen!

Beautiful wine glass -- I am glad you posted a picture because I was going to have to bug you to see it. :)

Glad your mom's procedure went well. :hug:

Yeay for seeing the Maharajah Trek. Isn't the theming spectacular? But where is the pic of Nick looking scared of the tigers? That's a must-do. :laughing:

We have never seen Flights of Wonder. Now I want to!

We love Yak & Yeti!
It's a must-do everytime.
The potstickers and Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp are delicious!

We have never seen Flights of Wonder though.
It looks like fun.

I only chuckle because I usually and thinking about tripping and falling. :rotfl2: Even if I am standing still. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Been there, done that! ;)

Unbelievable fireworks photos! I felt like I was there with you, Mary Ellen!

So glad you enjoyed them! It was a great show!

Beautiful wine glass -- I am glad you posted a picture because I was going to have to bug you to see it. :)

I already got bugged enough so I took a picture one morning before work so I could post it. :thumbsup2

Glad your mom's procedure went well. :hug:

Thanks! She was happy to have that behind her.

Yay for seeing the Maharajah Trek. Isn't the theming spectacular? But where is the pic of Nick looking scared of the tigers? That's a must-do. :laughing:

I did not KNOW that was a must-do and Nick is SO good at stuff like that. :rotfl: I will have to admit that you were my inspiration for wanting to see the bats. Well you and Connor, of course. The theming is awesome! Better than I imagined and it and the tree of life are probably tied for my favorite aeas.

We have never seen Flights of Wonder. Now I want to!

I'm surprised because you are sort of an AK guru. It really is a cute and entertaining show. Add it to your ever growing list.

We love Yak & Yeti!
It's a must-do everytime.
The potstickers and Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp are delicious!

I remember reading about the shrimp and steak in your TR and I so wish one of us had ordered it. If I go back, and I'm sure I will, that is the entree I am going to order for sure. Why mess with success?

We have never seen Flights of Wonder though.
It looks like fun.

It was a very entertaining show. I definitely think everyone should see it at least once. The birds are pretty amazing!

I'm soooo far behind on Dis, as usual! But I just read your last post! I LOVE every single picture from the trek!! FAB-U-LOUS!!

I'm sorry your lunch at Yak and Yeti wasn't fabulous! I didn't know it was a Landrys restaurant, that could be why :rolleyes1

Your Flights of Wonders pics are amazing as well! John and I did that show in Oct of 10 and I have to admit it freaked me out a bit!! I'm not a big fan of birds flying too close to me!! :scared1:

Great update, MEK. As always pictures are terrific. I'm sorry Yak & Yeti was only okay (we really enjoyed it the time we went, but we had totally different entrees). We have never done Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to add to bucket list.

Welcome back Tanz! Good to see you catching up! Don't be a stranger now that you've wrapped up your TR.

Thanks Mary Ellen! No won't be a stranger and am here now! :laughing:

Isn't that the cutest shirt. I was tempted, but the $30 price tag held me back. For some reason I just can't pay inflated prices for a T-shirt. I would rather put that $ to regular clothes. I love a cute T-shirt, but at Disney I buy what's on sale.

It sure is. I know exactly what you mean about the prices for a t-shirt - I do the same. Wait until the sales to get something I really like - that's if the item isn't sold out by then!

It was such a enjoyable meal. Perfect evening. I'm so glad we were able to take Nick there and he really enjoyed himself. The fireworks were the perfect end to the evening.

It was the same on our meal - the fireworks were the icing on the cake :goodvibes

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed the pics. I have soooooooooooooooo many more AK pics. I did photograph the Christmas parade and got quite a few there, but I got some cool Osbourne light pictures so stick around!

I'm definitely sticking around for more great pics!!!!

I'm soooo far behind on Dis, as usual! But I just read your last post! I LOVE every single picture from the trek!! FAB-U-LOUS!!

Welcome back stranger. So glad you got a little time to DIS today. I know you've been on FB a lot, but I've been waiting for you to update your TR. :)

I'm sorry your lunch at Yak and Yeti wasn't fabulous! I didn't know it was a Landrys restaurant, that could be why :rolleyes1

50% of the items were good, actually a little bit more if you include my salad minus the tuna. There are no Landry's restaurants in Delaware and I only know that because the waitress was trying to push people to buy a Landry's discount card so she specifically asked where we lived to check on locations.

Your Flights of Wonders pics are amazing as well! John and I did that show in Oct of 10 and I have to admit it freaked me out a bit!! I'm not a big fan of birds flying too close to me!! :scared1:

Those birds move pretty fast so I can see where that would be a bit crazy. I know I closed my eyes when one flew towards my camera on stage. That was the whole stick - they wanted two people on stage with cameras and I guess the birds are trained to fly towards the lens.

See, its all coming back to me know. :rotfl:

Great update, MEK. As always pictures are terrific. I'm sorry Yak & Yeti was only okay (we really enjoyed it the time we went, but we had totally different entrees). We have never done Flights of Wonder...think I'll have to add to bucket list.

So glad you liked the pictures! :goodvibes

I think Yak & Yeti totally depends on your entree. They have a sizeable menu and not everything can be great. I would rather they have a smaller menu but all the items be yummy. No worries. I will go back! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mary Ellen! No won't be a stranger and am here now!

Yeah! Glad you will be hanging out on the boards even though your TR is almost done. :sad1: I get so attached to some TR's and I hate to see them end. It's like finishing a good book.

It sure is. I know exactly what you mean about the prices for a t-shirt - I do the same. Wait until the sales to get something I really like - that's if the item isn't sold out by then!

I got a really cute T at the Disney store on sale this fall, but I am saving it for my October trip because it is Halloween themed. It's hard to see it in my drawer and not wear it. :laughing:

It was the same on our meal - the fireworks were the icing on the cake
I'm definitely sticking around for more great pics!!!!

I remember reading about your meal and you guys did have a fab time!

And I have more pics coming!!

The Lion Sleeps Tonight..........

When Flights Of Wonder was over we meandered over to the Safari and guess what???? Our FP's had come due! Perfect timing or what? I looked at all those people in the standby line and chuckled to myself because while they were standing on their feet for 45 mins I spent the exact same amount of time watching birds fly over my head. Silly people.

When you got on the ride I offered Nicholas my camera. I guess I needed a little break from all the pictures I had already taken today.

So now I bring you the Safari courtesy of Nicholas......

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Of course these hippos are nearly as entertaining as the one's I saw in May

Boring

IMG_1009.jpg

I'm not sure if we were closer in this picture or when I was strapped into a harness during the trek last May

IMG_1013.jpg

Ho Hum. Just another day on the savannah

IMG_1016.jpg

I hope there aren't any bees in here.....

IMG_1020.jpg

What are you all looking at? Haven't you ever seen a giraffe with his head in a tree trunk?

IMG_1021.jpg

Yum Yum

IMG_1031.jpg

I think I got a little bit of dirt on my skin

IMG_1035.jpg

According to the safari driver I have over 200 muscles in my trunk. So why can't I move this old rock?

IMG_1041.jpg

I just found out that my trunk can double as a vacuum cleaner

IMG_1046.jpg

Hey - I think there's a baby elephant up my butt

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Now here's something you don't see everyday....A rhino right smack in the middle of the trail causing all the safari vehicles to back up

IMG_1070.jpg

There really wasn't anything to do but wait for Mr Rhino to move on out of the way.

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Mr Leopard taking a little siesta

IMG_1081.jpg

I was really keeping my fingers crossed hoping that Mr Lion or Mrs Lioness would be waiting on their perch to great me. But........

IMG_1083.jpg

Nothing.

I can barely make our a little sliver of fur.

IMG_1084.jpg

Drat! Foiled Again! Will I EVER get a decent picture of the Lion????????

I should note that even though Nick was taking all the pictures, I sort of grabbed the camera from him hoping that I might have better luck. I'm sure he thought I was a little maniacal. :rotfl:

Camera back in Nick's hands

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Woo Hoo! Santa's reindeer!

IMG_1092.jpg

So what do you think? Didn't Nick do a great job as Safari photographer? He got a nice variety of animals. All except for the *boo hoo* LION!

Continued in Next Post!

Continued........

While we were on the safari I sort of made an executive decision just to stay in the park until night fall. By the time we got off the safari it was close to 2:30. I figured it would be dark in about 3 more hours and if we didn't take an afternoon break we could also catch the Christmas parade. It was a beautiful day, so why not just go with it and stay until park close? Denny and Nick were cool with it, so we decided to continue our animal adventures by exploring the Pangani trail.

I always enjoy the ducks on this trail

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

See all those swirly things in the water. Keep you eyes right there.

IMG_1100.jpg

Why I think I see the shadow of something in the water.

IMG_1102.jpg

Insert Jaws music here........

IMG_1103.jpg

What the??????? Let's have another look, shall we?

IMG_1104.jpg

That hippo kept swimming around in the same path. He would get to the viewing area, turn around and disappear, then reappear in about 10 seconds. He was flying. It was pretty cool. I was mesmerized. But I figured I should probably free up some viewing space for the next person.

Moving on down the Pangani trail

IMG_1106.jpg

Gorillas

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

As soon as I saw the gorillas I asked a CM if Lilly was out. They said she was further down the trail.

Gorilla butt

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Peek a Boo

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

All this fellow needs is a beer in one hand and a stogie in the other

IMG_1120.jpg

There SHE is - little precious Lilly

IMG_1126.jpg

I can't get over how tiny she is and how little she has grown

IMG_1128.jpg

I know there is concern that she is underweight, but I don't remember the specifics

Where are you going Lilly?

IMG_1129.jpg

There you are

IMG_1134.jpg

I took a lot of pictures of Lilly. Unfortunately most of them were blurry because my camera kept focusing on the trees and stuff in the foreground.

IMG_1142.jpg

After walking the Pangani trail I realized that I was actually pretty thirsty despite the fact that the temps were perfect. I steered my intrepid co-trekkers over to the Dawa Bar.

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

We found a seat outside of the Dawa bar pretty easier and I gulped down some water and then I headed over to the bar for one of these little beauties.

764ae98e.jpg

This, dear friends, is the ever-popular Lost on Safari and I believe it is made with the jungle juice that is so popular at TH and Boma. Denny asked for a LOS as well, but he didn't love it so I went back and got him some type of African beer.

The good part of Denny not loving his LOS is that I basically got two!!!!!! One problem - I was still pretty thirsty so I drank the first one in no time. I do NOT recommend this as it DOES contain alcohol - something I momentarily forgot! :rolleyes1 Fortunately, we were not moving anywhere and we basically just chilled for about the next hour until the parade started.

Up Next - Mickey's Jungle Jamming Parade and What time DOES it get dark in central Florida??????????

Way to use the FP!!! I love it when that happens. :woohoo:

Fab safari pictures and I have only seen the Lion up once. BUt I keep going back and hoping it is different. Isn't that the definintion of insanity. :laughing:

2 LOS can knock you down. :lmao: I didi the same thing where I sucked on down because I was thristy and it was smooth going down. I had a second one and I needed to slow down for a little while. :lmao:

How cool that the rhino was on the path! What a great opportunity for pics! Love the shots of the hippo, too.

Lilly is so adorable!

My best-ever day at AK was the only time I've ever stayed all the way til closing. Once I decided to do that, I was just so much more relaxed or something -- a better frame of mind for that park, don't you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter