Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

YAY for a great evening!!!!! Your dinner at La Hacienda looks wonderful! I really want to eat there someday!!!!

The Christmas decorations are just something else!! Love that carousel! So beautiful!!!

I love NPH too...we are big How I Met Your Mother fans in my house!!!

Bummer that DHS closed earlier than you had planned! :headache: But "You & everyone else" is so funny! Can't flame you because we pulled that trick once. ;)

Good luck with your appointment with mom!

So I KNOW she stirs the pot. Once you have that little evil side to your personality, you don't get rid of it - EVER. NUFF said.

no, you don't. My exMIL keeps trying to tell me that my exSIL has changed. I don't buy it. This is a woman who refused to come to my wedding shower (a lingerie shower) because I wouldn't let her 4 year old daughter open all of my presents at it. And then got really mad at me when they came to visit when Eric was 2 months old because I didn't "entertain" them enough. Um he was 2 months old and had REFLUX. Yeah, I can show you all around town at the same time, clean up after you and and cook thanksgiving dinner too!

Maybe we should stay at OKW so we can have a big, new pot like the one I had last month. :rotfl:

Haha - kidding. We need to be back by Epcot. :thumbsup2

Stumbling distance is best.

Also - has anyone ever heard the myth about the tie died cheesecake and the effects of all that food coloring. Well, I have never personally tested out that myth, but I have to say that all that green in the avocado rita definitely had some food coloring properties, if you know what I mean? :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Good to know. Glad everyone liked La Hacienda!!!! Major bummer about the lights. I can never understand during peak times at that how an 8pm closing makes sense.

Good luck today!

We get to the attendant CM and he says, "We are having dinner and ...er......at Beaches and ......Cream".

She says (and very dead pan, I might add), "Yeah - you and everyone else".

:rotfl2:

I said to Denny, "what did she say?" and he repeated it.

So perhaps I better change my line the next time!

Hilarious!!! Someone needs to ask wigd how she got to park at the GF last trip. :lmao:

Also - has anyone ever heard the myth about the tie died cheesecake and the effects of all that food coloring. Well, I have never personally tested out that myth, but I have to say that all that green in the avocado rita definitely had some food coloring properties, if you know what I mean? :rolleyes1

So there you have it - probably a little TMI.

No rumor there it is the TRUTH!!!! :eek::lmao:

Boy, they're really packin' 'em in at Beaches and Cream these days! :rotfl2:

Regarding tie-dye cheesecake --> :eek:

See above and I bet those CMs at the parking lot hear all sorts of things.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Back to the coffee pot talk, I had one of those pod things in San Antonio and I tried to make stronger coffee and well only succeeded in making a mess.
With the pouches I tried to verifyhow much it was supposed to make. I like mine kind of strong so I I made 4 cups with pouch and it was actually not too bad.
I am afraid the small ones won't make enough. I like my animal print Mickey head mug full.

Hope all went well today withthe drive and the Dr.

Great Update! Your dinner at La Hacienda looked really good, I will have to add that one to my list. I love that mexico boat ride, I love Donald and adding him made it pretty fun but I admit part of me misses the old one, with the market vendors trying to get you to buy things and the little song. I like the Norway ride and the movie is OK but they really do need to update it.

I love that Gingerbread Carrousel at BC.

Lol I don't think there is anything wrong with parking at BC when visiting the two parks! That's so funny about what the CM said when you went to park the car :rotfl:

Yay on arriving at The Ditch and enjoying a lovely drink!

The Del Mar looks and sounds great! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Great pics of WS and all the Christmas festivities. Also love the carousel pics at BC!

Good luck with the drive. Hope everything goes well.

It actually went well. It was a real doctor's appt and not just a blood draw, so it was really good that I was there.

No here's the thing with the drive......Do you want to know the only place where I hit bad traffic? Why, of course at the exit from 95 to Rt1/7. That's a shocker, isn't it? :rotfl2: That was at 7pm. ugh!

The Ditch?

That's my nickname for La Cava de Tequila or the Cave. Not sure where I picked that up. Love that place. It's pretty cool.

Well, next time park at DTD and sneak onto the resort bus. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

:.

Never happen. :rolleyes1 I am addicted that entrance. I just love the beach club and the proximity to Epcot and I genuinely love to visit the BC when I'm not staying there, so I'm sure I'll do it again. ;)

She was a good sport!

:confused3

I seem to be using that smiley a lot in this update. :laughing:

I had heard that the tied died cheesecake has so much food color in it that it colors a certain bodily function. I have also heard this myth disputed. I have no personal experience with this cheesecake, but the avocado rita side effects gave me a momentary scare. :scared1:

D'oh! is exactly right.

Double D'oh!

I really screwed up with the DIS meets on this day. Sometimes I get a little over confident in my ability to plan. :rolleyes1

Sounds like caveman beer.

I think I need to google it!

G

:lmao: Yeah, using things like the "focus" might have been helpful.

I guess in his defense I forgot to take the camera out of its current mode. I should have put it in a night time portrait mode, but I do tell them to check the settings.

Can't blame you there.

That carousel was so pretty. What a work of art. Really amazing.

Hope things go well with your drive and your mom today!

When I anticipate the worst it always turns out to be better. I'm glad I went because I didn't realize it was a real doctor's appointment and she really needed me there for that.

Love your pictures at Epcot - too bad that PP one wasn't clear - you all looked so nice.

I really wish that one would have turned out. Bummer. But I got a few good ones later on in the trip.

I think I'd like La Hacienda, but not sure my family would.

It's definitely not for everyone. They do have a dish for two that is all meats (instead of fish) which is probably pretty good. I'm not sure what's on the kids menu. The restaurant is so beautiful that it would be worth a visit, but only if your family knows there something on the menu they want to try. The allearsnet menu is very accurate.

Avocado Rita? I like avocados, but not sure I'd like that.
Captain - she means that when she drinks colored drinks - she has colored output in the toilet. That's the only way I can put it.
The Ditch is La Cava (I think) something...It's the tequila bar in Mexico.

!

Thanks for clarifying for me! :rotfl:

The rita actually was very, very good. If you like ritas and you like avocados you would probably like it. there are other ingredients in there which make it sweeter. It's just very filling!

When we went in Dec. 09, I took a bagillion pictures of ANYTHING that was a Christmas decoration. I guess I thought I would never get back. Now I really want to get back in December!

So you should. It's such a pretty time to visit. I hope you get a chance one of these years. It's hard when you have to work around school schedules.

The carousel is so pretty! I wanted to see it soooo badly, but we just couldn't squeeze it in.

Well, I'm glad I have a picture to show you. I have wanted to see it for awhile as well. So I'm glad I parked there because I really did want to visit the resort decorations.

Neil Patrick Harris was great, but we weren't able to get a seat. (I didn't have us wait in line early enough.)

Was he? I bet he was great! too bad you had to stand, but I bet that show was amazingly popular with him as narrator. I really hope you had a great time that weekend. :goodvibes

Bummer about Hollywood closing early. With all the extra crowds all four parks should be open late every night. In my humble opinion.

I totally agree. I just assumed HS was open until 9pm. I really need to check that park more carefully next time.

Boy, they're really packin' 'em in at Beaches and Cream these days!

I guess there was probably a line right out the door and wrapping around SAB. :rotfl2:

Regarding tie-dye cheesecake --> :eek:

If you ever decide to try the avocado rita just be prepared. :rolleyes1

A few updates behind :rolleyes1
I bought the anger management shirt for my father a few years ago....another favorite I bought him was the Mr. Potato Head..."don't make me get out my angry eyes." :rotfl2:

I LOVE that saying! :rotfl: That is definitely a shirt I would wear!

Going through some of the same stuff with my Mom with providing care etc...very hard and I have 3 brothers. Yeah well a lot of the time I could say I am an only child..I have one sil who is so sweet and helpful and then the other one :headache: Ughhh...Big hugs to you....not easy :hug:

I didn't know your mom was in poor health. It IS very difficult and I can see that I will be spending a lot more time at my moms and putting a lot of miles on my car. It's funny because now that my kids drive I thought I was actually going to get a driving break, but probably not.

Oh well, at least I only live a little over an hour away instead of 2 or 3 or more.

My sil seemed to be really good yesterday, so keeping my fingers crossed everything continues to go well there.

A:
Man you sucked down that rita!!! :rotfl2: I think Brielle and I shared that same entree with all of the fish. Very good. :thumbsup2 Although C and I ordered what was to be the blueberry mango rita....remembered you and I LOVED it? Well she brought us a different one and it was HOT. I love hot foods but this tasted like it had straight up cayenne pepper sprinkled in it so flavor wise it was blech.

Tracy

Yes - I sure did!

That blueberry mango rita was SO good. I actually wanted to order another one but I was so full after the avocado that I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it without going into sugar overload.

The HOT one does not sound good. I don't like anything that is overwhelmingly hot.

The meal was delish and I'm glad we took the left overs because they ended up being my dinner a few nights later when our dinner plans got changed to stay late to ride EE! It was just as good as a leftover.

Hey guys - I'm sorry I can't get to all the replies now.

I have my first Woodstock rehearsal today and then dinner plans ;) (you'll see) and I got invited to a neighbor's party with the proviso that I can "crawl home". That's my kind of party. No church music this weekend. I kept my schedule free in case I needed to go back up to my parents.

I am also working on the video for my con's soccer banquet.

So let me ask you this?????? Does anyone know how to get photos back OUT of shutterfly to download back to your computer?????? I haven't been able to figure it out yet and I need a few that I lost and didn't have backed up (except on the group shutterfly site).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!!!!

Hey guys - I'm sorry I can't get to all the replies now.

I have my first Woodstock rehearsal today and then dinner plans ;) (you'll see) and I got invited to a neighbor's party with the proviso that I can "crawl home". That's my kind of party. No church music this weekend. I kept my schedule free in case I needed to go back up to my parents.

I am also working on the video for my con's soccer banquet.

So let me ask you this?????? Does anyone know how to get photos back OUT of shutterfly to download back to your computer?????? I haven't been able to figure it out yet and I need a few that I lost and didn't have backed up (except on the group shutterfly site).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!!!!

Have a fun weekend and good luck with rehearsals. I'm home sick. :sick: Oh well... And no...no idea about Shutterfly. I can barely use Photobucket. :lmao:

I want more carousel pictures! That was so beautiful, it is hard to believe that it is made of gingerbread!

I don't know about that avacado rita, I'm a rita fan & an avacado fan, too, but together it sounds icky!

I loved the original boat ride in Mexico, the second one wasn't too bad, but the last one is lame.

Glad to hear that the day with your mother worked out well.:hug:

Hope everything is going ok with your mom, and that your drive wasn't too bad. I hate driving in traffic, too, I do anything I can to avoid it! :rotfl:

When we ate at Cape May in December and then were going to DHS after, I thought of just leaving the car at the BC parking lot, but I thought we might get in trouble or something! Good to know you can do that! :rolleyes1

Great update!! Ahh, I'd give anything for a Ditch margarita right now. I love that place. :cool1: La Hacienda looks so pretty, but I'm too nervous to eat there, I look at the menu and I think it's way too authentic Mexican for me! When I think of Mexican food, I think nachos and quesadillas!

All the Christmas decorations around the World are so pretty! That would have been a really nice PP picture, it's too bad it's so out of focus! :sad2:

I love the decorations at the Beach Club, I took a hundred pics of that carousel too! Did you go to the Yacht Club? It is SO amazing in there for Christmas! I know everyone says the WL is the best place to stay for Christmas, but I think the Yacht Club is, I just felt SO Christmasy in there when we visited...if we go again in December (which I'm really hoping to do next year!) I will definitely be staying at the Yacht Club! :banana:

Like OMG (she says in her best SC valley girl voice) how did I not realize you had started a new TR???? Back to spend the next several hours reading...... :)

I just tried my first avocado margarita too!! They are pretty filling! But very good! I was also tempted by the cucumber one... :laughing:

Hope everything is well with your mom! :hug:

So, b&c was pretty crowded that night? :lmao:

Your Rita looks fabulous!!!!!!! Yummy! Your dinner looks fabulous as well!!!

Hope things with your mom are improving :hug: I'm thinking of you!

:goodvibes :goodvibes all caught up Mary Ellen! I have been reading on my nook, and I can't reply there, so finally I finished up tonight. DH is snoring and the dog is groaning at me occasionally to turn out the darn light.:rotfl2: silly puppy I'm on dis!:surfweb:

I am bummed that we will more likely cross on the highway in June! so sad. but your extended trip sounds great, Disney time and some relaxing beach time after. I was hoping to get at least a few hours at the beach on the 9th, but we shall see how we all feel about breaking up the drive. first stretch will be to NC, then second stretch to PA.

Your pictures are all so great. That is one awesome photo on SM with the water all around. very cool.

So glad to see pics from both LTT lunch & La Hacienda == we will be eating at both places in June. did not realize there was so much seafood at La Hacienda. I am glad because Colin loves seafood, and that is our first meal in DisneyWorld (well ok we will probably have drinks and a sandwich at Hurricane Hannahs for lunch so our second meal:rotfl:

I hope your mom is doing okay with the new meds. I am sure you have researched them all - My MIL takes coumadin, and I had to take heparin after my c-section --- have your mom steer clear of vitamin K veggies -- broccoli and greens, or at least monitor intake. it can mess with the coumadin.

bummer that you missed your DisMeet at HS...it is strange how early they close the parks sometimes. I wonder how they figure that out? must be based on average attendance i guess. It did not look esp packed in your pics.

ok off to bed now...its late for me. Hopefully this will give me good Disney dreams (note: do not fall asleep watching ghost adventures unless you want weird beetlejuice type dreams :scared1:)

Hope everything turns out okay with your mom. :hug:

I did have to laugh when you said they were stuck in the third scene of CoP! :lmao:

That roast beef sandwich sounds fabulous, and what a fun meet with Jess and her crew!

I love the OKW decorations -- actually, I love all the decoration pictures you have taken!

"You and everyone else!" :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I hope they don't say that to us this summer. :laughing:

Hope everything with your mom is going well!

Loved your pictures from the BC and of the carousel. That is the one resort we missed seeing in November.

Looks like you still had a fun evening even when plans got changed. I hate when I do that.

So sorry it is taking me so long to do replies. I promise to get to them today. I'm such a slacker.

I'm such a slacker.

Hmmmm....I'd get someone to beat you with a wet noodle as your penance but I seem to remember in a previous TR that you were quite fond of "noodles". :lmao: Oh well...take your time...your TR's are worth the wait. BTW, are you still interested in trying muscadine wine?

Sorry...not sure how I missed all this. I hope your mom is doing better and that the drive didn't end up being terrible. And no doubt the office move wasn't a lot of fun, either. I have found that when I'm stressed and super tired, I like reading the Dis a lot, but not responding to posts :confused3 and I get all overwhelmed that I'm so far behind and...at any rate, its completely normal.

Thanks Tina! The drive wasn't bad and my mom went home today. I'll be going back up on Friday to take her to the doctor's again.

I loved commenting on TRs. Its too hard for me to read and not comment.

You took such lovely pictures of my beautiful BC all gussied up for Christmas. OK, so it really isn't mine and I've only stayed there once, but still... I feel like we really bonded. :lmao: I really hope that my mom and I get to stay here on our quick trip in October!
A lot of people lay claim to the BC. You are definitely not alone! :rotfl: But there's plenty of BC to go around!

Oct???? When????? F&W?????? Spill.

Yet another positive review for La Hacienda. If I can ever tear myself away from Via Napoli, I'll check it out.

It's my second visit there and it was equally good both times. Good food and good ambiance. Put it on your list!

And yes...Nick made a great choice. I really enjoy that ride. Why? I don't know. Its a very watered down version of IASW with cartoons and some cool firework-type effects in the ceiling. Maybe its that first minute when you're making your way through the dining room and the imagineers somehow completely succeeded in making it look like it really is the middle of the night?

I agree that the mood is set the minute that boat leaves dock. I love San Angel Inn. It does look like the middle of the night all day long.

I also love the fireworks in the ceiling. So festive!

And Maelstrom...yes...love that one, too. Not because its a great ride. Its not. Its silly and rather pointless. That said, Mark just makes fun of this ride in the most hilarious ways, so its always a lot of fun for us, if not in the way the imagineers intended.

I'm almost afraid to ask what Mark does during that ride. :rotfl: I like the spot with the big oil drilling platform. It just feels "real" to me! And a little creepy!

YAY for a great evening!!!!! Your dinner at La Hacienda looks wonderful! I really want to eat there someday!!!!

You really should try it. Maybe June? I wish it was open for lunch. I think it would be a great location for lunch!

The Christmas decorations are just something else!! Love that carousel! So beautiful!!!

Isn't that carousel so cool. I wish I had made it over to the Boardwalk to see what they had. I really enjoyed all the great decorations.

I love NPH too...we are big How I Met Your Mother fans in my house!!!

He is just really a good actor and plays that part so well. But I bet he would do the CP with the utmost sincerity. I really would have enjoyed that.

Bummer that DHS closed earlier than you had planned! :headache: But "You & everyone else" is so funny! Can't flame you because we pulled that trick once. ;)

I really couldn't believe she said that. It was so freaking funny! :rotfl: Thanks for no flaming!

Good luck with your appointment with mom!

Thanks Amy - the appointment went pretty well.

no, you don't. My exMIL keeps trying to tell me that my exSIL has changed. I don't buy it. This is a woman who refused to come to my wedding shower (a lingerie shower) because I wouldn't let her 4 year old daughter open all of my presents at it. And then got really mad at me when they came to visit when Eric was 2 months old because I didn't "entertain" them enough. Um he was 2 months old and had REFLUX. Yeah, I can show you all around town at the same time, clean up after you and and cook thanksgiving dinner too!
:rotfl2: Oh Cynthia - that sounds terrible. Your exSIL sounds like she's a tad selfish and out of touch. Who expects a new mother to entertain them. :confused3

:rotfl2: Without a doubt! :rotfl2:

Good to know. Glad everyone liked La Hacienda!!!! Major bummer about the lights. I can never understand during peak times at that how an 8pm closing makes sense.

I knew they would enjoy La Hacienda. Denny and Nick are "good" eaters. They like a wide range of food.

Yeah - I was shocked at the 8pm close time although I know they occasionally close that early on Fantasmic nights.

Good luck today!

Thanks. It went pretty well. Round two this week.

Hilarious!!! Someone needs to ask wigd how she got to park at the GF last trip. :lmao:
:rotfl: I just talked to Wigd tonight on FB and she told me that story. She also told me she is going to hell for the same act of defiance. I consider it self preservation. Too funny! :laughing:

No rumor there it is the TRUTH!!!! :eek::lmao:

Good to know!!!!!

See above and I bet those CMs at the parking lot hear all sorts of things.

I bet they do. they were checking names when we parked at the contemporary to go to the cali grill. I guess they do that at certain times of the year. Sure glad my name was on the list!

Back to the coffee pot talk, I had one of those pod things in San Antonio and I tried to make stronger coffee and well only succeeded in making a mess.
With the pouches I tried to verifyhow much it was supposed to make. I like mine kind of strong so I I made 4 cups with pouch and it was actually not too bad.
I am afraid the small ones won't make enough. I like my animal print Mickey head mug full.

Good to know about the pods versus the pouches. That's a lot of coffee with one pouch. I like my animal print Mickey mug filled as well. :goodvibes

Hope all went well today withthe drive and the Dr.

Thanks! It went pretty well and the drive was not as horrendous as I thought it might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter