Why no standard rooms at CSR???

missmun52

DIS Veteran
I have looked and there are none for most of 2011. I wanted to go in Jan/Feb but dont want to pay an extra 450 for a water view so I am left having to choose another mod which is hard to do.

Anyone know why this is??

Also, I am leaning towards POR or POFQ as an alternative any input?

There are fewer standard rooms at POR and CSR because of the new room categories in 2011, so standard rooms may be harder to get in general.

Keep trying. A lot of those CSR rooms might have been set aside for conventions, but people do cancel reservations and you might get an opening.

I have to say... if you end up choosing a Port Orleans resort, go with French Quarter. The atmosphere is just so lovely. Having only one bus stop is kindof awesome. It's the smallest resort on property I believe and It was never over-crowded. Since the resort is small it's not a long walk to the bus stop, (we were in the farthest building and it wasn't a bad walk at all). There is someone playing a little jazz show in the bar area next to the lobby every night so when you come back to the hotel after a long day it's sooooo nice to have that in the air as you're walking through. Also... the bienets are amazing ;)

We stayed in a standard room at CSR in 2008 and 2009 and had no troubles booking it. In February of 2009 I started looking for a standard room for our Oct. 2010 vacation and couldnt find anything. I looked for 2 months before I booked another resort. I dont know what is going on with CSR, we loved the resort, its ashame it doesnt seem we will be able to get a room there again.

I ran into the same problem for 2011. I was checking Saturday check in. When I changed my check in date to Sunday, it showed standard rooms available. Give it a try if your dates are flexible.

Kathy

I ran into the same problem for 2011. I was checking Saturday check in. When I changed my check in date to Sunday, it showed standard rooms available. Give it a try if your dates are flexible.

Kathy

I tried that.....even to the point where I tried a check in from Jan 1st for everyday until Feb and no luck.....

I have looked and there are none for most of 2011. I wanted to go in Jan/Feb but dont want to pay an extra 450 for a water view so I am left having to choose another mod which is hard to do.

Anyone know why this is??

Also, I am leaning towards POR or POFQ as an alternative any input?

There will be less standard rooms at POR too, since next year, they are adding a river view and a preferred room category.

Standard rooms at CSR book very quickly, both because of convention holds on rooms and because CSR offers some amenities that the other moderate resorts don't have. It appears that the secret is out. :sad2: The new preferred room category for 2011 further complicates things, especially since Disney hasn't announced which buldings are preferred.

There are a couple of conventions listed for late January/early February at CSR. I don't know how big they are, but they might have blocked some rooms that will be released later. If a convention falls during your time frame, you can Google it to find the convention website and see when the rooms have to be booked. That might give you an idea of when the block would be released.

Adding in marathon weekend and MLK weekend just means there are not many slow times anymore. You might have some luck when the 45 day mark comes for final payment - there may be some cancellations.

Keep checking if it is what you want - my friends had a terrible time finding a standard room at Poly last January and called everyday to see if they could get one. They finally did, only to be upgraded to CL when they arrived. :)

There will be less standard rooms at POR too, since next year, they are adding a river view and a preferred room category.

I have no problem getting a standard room at POR though *sigh* I guess I will book POR and keep trying back for CSR as I get closer to the date in case there is a cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter