Why no MNSSHP reports from last night?

iwynlea said:
That's King Louie, from Jungle Book. :thumbsup2

LOL - Thanks!

After I took the picture with him I was like "Thanks...eerrmm...thanks!" and ran off...heheh

mickeysaver said:
Gabby and I were dressed in shorts, stripped witch hats and stripped witch stockings, we had on t-shirts that I bought on eBay. My shirt said "Black Hat Society" and Gabby's said "Witches Gone Wild, Beware the witching hour!" We are both are pooh-sized and the sight of the two of us walking along with our bags was enough to make lots of folks giggle. We had a blast! My inner toddler was having a wonderful time. We brought some stuff to hand out to the CM's and other guests...nothing fancy, but you would be amazed how sweet and excited kids and adults can be when they get a "gold pirate coin" or a Tootsie Roll magnet.

We arrived shortly after 4pm. We arrived just a few minutes too late to see Captain Jack. So, we went to ride PotC. Well, it was a complete walk on, but had technical difficulties. We started handing out pirate coins to the kids waiting in line, their parents were all thrilled with that. The ride was delayed about 10 minutes and even though we were behind only one family, we decided to come back later, stepped out of line and suddenly, it was back up and running! So, we rode it, but got stuck in the scene where the pirates since "Yo Ho, Yo Ho", so that song go really old, really quick. We must have been there about 10 minutes. When we exited, we went off to HM where I encountered a super creepy CM named Alex. When I say super creepy, I mean in a really good way. CM's at HM are supposed to be part of the show and he was the best part for me! We rode IaSW and saw Philharmagic, both of which were walk ons. Most of the rides were 5 minute waits or total walk ons. There were lots of candy station lines, we only visited one and there was plenty of candy given out before and during the parade over in Frontierland. Gabby wanted a picture of the headless horseman, but missed the shot and the horseman, so we had to work in a sighting for her during the second parade. We had an ADR at the Plaza, but cancelled. We ended up at our traditional spot, Pecos Bills' Cafe.

Ooohhhh, the parade, it was so good! We loved it and we are so not parade people. This is now our favorite WDW parade! Conversely, we are total fireworks nuts, and didn't really care for the HalloWishes show. The fireworks were pretty, but the show lacked emotion. We both prefer regular Wishes and the holiday Wishes that we saw at MVMCP last year to this show.

We rode BTMRR twice and Splash once, we got soaked on Splash....not good when the humidity is already so icky that sweat is rolling down your back underneath your t-shirt......ewwwww!!!! We saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarves over in Fantasyland and checked out Stitch's Dance Party at Cosmic Rays.

We did pick up the limited edition pin for the evening, the limited edition jumbo pin, and the pin from last Friday's party, which they still had plenty of even at the end of the night. We drooled over the limited edition watch, but the $380 price tag was a bit much for us, even if there are only 30 of them. lol

We got enough candy for us and then some. We saw lots of characters, but didn't really worry about snagging photos with them. We got several photopass pics taken. I still need to review them.

Overall, it was a good night. We had a good time. Neither of us feel the need to do it again though. Which is odd, since we absolutely loved MVMCP and would do it every year, if given the chance. For us, MNSSHP was a fun night, I am glad that we did it, but now it's more of a been there, done that, sort of a thing. Maybe we both need a little more scary in our Halloween parties? After seeing the ads on tv for the Universal parties, Gabby wants to possibly try that out next year. Oddly enough, I agree and it's so odd that I am willing to step out on the Mouse. I have never been to Universal, but their party looks too wicked awesome!

That's my story and I am sticking to it! Maggie

We saw you a couple times throughout the night - first right after we entered, and again near HM

Future_Teacher said:
I'm obssesed with the candy because i've NEVER been to MNSSHP

DD didn't even bother getting candy on Friday night... not worth standing in line to her since we are both being careful about what we ate.... in past years - it was the highlight for her! The candy lines we did notice did seem long.

We had a good time, but I think she was tired after being in school all day. We go again on the 12th - no school that day and we are staying at Poly, so we can chill before we go to the party!

The line waiting for Minne when we hit it at 7:30is was 1/2 hour.

makinorlando said:
We saw you a couple times throughout the night - first right after we entered, and again near HM

Man, I wish that I had known that there was a DIS'er close by, I would have said hello! Oh well, maybe we will meet up another day. I loved your photos. Great job! Maggie

makinorlando said:
DD didn't even bother getting candy on Friday night... not worth standing in line to her since we are both being careful about what we ate.... in past years - it was the highlight for her! The candy lines we did notice did seem long.

We had a good time, but I think she was tired after being in school all day. We go again on the 12th - no school that day and we are staying at Poly, so we can chill before we go to the party!

The line waiting for Minne when we hit it at 7:30is was 1/2 hour.

Lucky! I have to wait until 2016 until i'm able to go to MNSSHP

Future_Teacher said:

Wow, now that is a dedicated planner at work. Nothing like gathering 10 years worth of data! :rotfl2: Maggie

Future_Teacher said:

Why so long? Are you in jail? :rotfl2:

(Sorry, I could not resist! I meant that in the nicest way possible!)

My DS, Charlie, and I were there Friday night. He was dressed in brown tunic with a black cape (most people thought he was the Hunchback) and I was dressed in a black skirt and t shirt with a black wig, white face paint. It was hot. Lines for the rides were very short but the lines for candy longer. The parade was really cute. While waiting in line at Casey's we (the customers and CMs) sang "Take me out to the ball game". Loved hallowishes. Overall, excellent time!! :thumbsup2

mickeysaver said:
Gabby and I were dressed in shorts, stripped witch hats and stripped witch stockings, we had on t-shirts that I bought on eBay. My shirt said "Black Hat Society" and Gabby's said "Witches Gone Wild, Beware the witching hour!" We are both are pooh-sized and the sight of the two of us walking along with our bags was enough to make lots of folks giggle. We had a blast! My inner toddler was having a wonderful time. We brought some stuff to hand out to the CM's and other guests...nothing fancy, but you would be amazed how sweet and excited kids and adults can be when they get a "gold pirate coin" or a Tootsie Roll magnet.

We arrived shortly after 4pm. We arrived just a few minutes too late to see Captain Jack. So, we went to ride PotC. Well, it was a complete walk on, but had technical difficulties. We started handing out pirate coins to the kids waiting in line, their parents were all thrilled with that. The ride was delayed about 10 minutes and even though we were behind only one family, we decided to come back later, stepped out of line and suddenly, it was back up and running! So, we rode it, but got stuck in the scene where the pirates sing "Yo Ho, Yo Ho", so that song go really old, really quick. We must have been there about 10 minutes. When we exited, we went off to HM where I encountered a super creepy CM named Alex. When I say super creepy, I mean in a really good way. CM's at HM are supposed to be part of the show and he was the best part for me! We rode IaSW and saw Philharmagic, both of which were walk ons. Most of the rides were 5 minute waits or total walk ons. There were lots of candy station lines, we only visited one and there was plenty of candy given out before and during the parade over in Frontierland. Gabby wanted a picture of the headless horseman, but missed the shot and the horseman, so we had to work in a sighting for her during the second parade. We had an ADR at the Plaza, but cancelled. We ended up at our traditional spot, Pecos Bills' Cafe.

Ooohhhh, the parade, it was so good! We loved it and we are so not parade people. This is now our favorite WDW parade! Conversely, we are total fireworks nuts, and didn't really care for the HalloWishes show. The fireworks were pretty, but the show lacked emotion. We both prefer regular Wishes and the holiday Wishes that we saw at MVMCP last year to this show.

We rode BTMRR twice and Splash once, we got soaked on Splash....not good when the humidity is already so icky that sweat is rolling down your back underneath your t-shirt......ewwwww!!!! We saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarves over in Fantasyland and checked out Stitch's Dance Party at Cosmic Rays.

We did pick up the limited edition pin for the evening, the limited edition jumbo pin, and the pin from last Friday's party, which they still had plenty of even at the end of the night. We drooled over the limited edition watch, but the $380 price tag was a bit much for us, even if there are only 30 of them. lol

We got enough candy for us and then some. We saw lots of characters, but didn't really worry about snagging photos with them. We got several photopass pics taken. I still need to review them.

Overall, it was a good night. We had a good time. Neither of us feel the need to do it again though. Which is odd, since we absolutely loved MVMCP and would do it every year, if given the chance. For us, MNSSHP was a fun night, I am glad that we did it, but now it's more of a been there, done that, sort of a thing. Maybe we both need a little more scary in our Halloween parties? After seeing the ads on tv for the Universal parties, Gabby wants to possibly try that out next year. Oddly enough, I agree and it's so odd that I am willing to step out on the Mouse. I have never been to Universal, but their party looks too wicked awesome!

That's my story and I am sticking to it! Maggie

I just wanted to let you know we seen you and LOVED the outfits. I thought the socks sent the outfits off completely. My little girl now wants a pair of the purple ones.

DD was dressed as pocahontas, hubby had a goofy hat on, and I was a wench with a pirate on my shoulder.

And for those who are wondering...Tons of candy, more than our DD rec'ves locally, the ride lines so very short, character lines basically 5 minutes and under, parade PERFECT...the entire night was well worth the $$ and made many memories!

Stinkerbelle -
I love your photos! My shirt for the party is almost exactly like yours - I got it at disneyshopping.com (or whatever that is!). Mine has red *gems* in the design, so I look especially *wenchy*! My DS6 will be (a very hot) Davy Jones pirate: , DS10 will of course be a pirate pirate: , and DH will just wear a pirate t-shirt pirate: . I am hoping that the weather breaks a bit before our party on Oct. 20, and cools down a little!
Glad you had a good time , and thanks to all for the reports!

maddi said:
I just wanted to let you know we seen you and LOVED the outfits. I thought the socks sent the outfits off completely. My little girl now wants a pair of the purple ones.

DD was dressed as pocahontas, hubby had a goofy hat on, and I was a wench with a pirate on my shoulder.

And for those who are wondering...Tons of candy, more than our DD rec'ves locally, the ride lines so very short, character lines basically 5 minutes and under, parade PERFECT...the entire night was well worth the $$ and made many memories!

OMG, I remember you! Gabby even commented on the cute little Pocahontas! I thought the parrot on your shoulder was nifty too. Wow, I met a DIS'er and didn't even know it.

If you want the stockings, they are at Walmart in the costume section. The hats we wore were next to them in our store. The stockings were actually hose that are one size fits most, but of course, they worked best as stockings for me, so I cut them down. They come in purple, orange, and even lime green! Maggie

We were at WDW on Friday and the boat captains told us the volume of people they moved to the parks was much greater than the 1st friday. We watched the fireworks from our balcony at the WL and they were quite impressive with the 360 fireworks around the park.

would someone be kind enough to share specifically what kind of candy you received? we're going next week, and my ds has peanut/tree nut allergies and if all the candy will be off-limits to him, i'd like to bring some "safe" candy with us for him... tia! :)

snickers, nerds, skittles, starburts, bit oh honey, york pepperment patties, wraped chocolate, tootsie pops, m&m's

I was there last Friday 9/22 it was Awesome!!!!! I was part of a Magical Gathering with 11 people and it was our first time...we all loved it!!

We arrived about 30 min before the first Parade we sat on Main St. right in front and people can around passing out candy...the headless horseman we great. after the Boo to You Parade we walked to the front of castle for the villans show than saw hallowishes which was the best fireworks I've ever seen!!!

the lines for rides were all no more then 5-10 min (space mountain was 5 min) However I did not ride any rides (too much to see)
there were lines to take pictures (I waited about 20 min to take a pic with minni dressed in her halloween costume)

also there were lines for face painting but when the second parade began the face painting booth was empty

the candy that was given out was chocolate, snickers, starburst, gummie bears, sugar babies, I even got a box of raisins!

the only thing I was a little dissapointed about was the witch... I read somewere on the bords that a witch came down from the castle (instead of Tink) but there was on witch!!

overall awesome party it's definatly must see!!

Oh man. I am so excited! Can I make it a whole year before I get to go? It looks and sounds like ya'll had so much fun.

No witches for me either, but the headless horseman...AWESOME! Our DD (who was celebrating her 6th birthday there) was so thrilled about the headless horseman that we had to stop a CM and get all the details. Where he was from and how could we get there, how old he was, what breed of horse, male or female, and every question imaginable from a 6 year old.

A word of advice for those going soon, when you hear the music start, have your camera up and finger on the button....he's a quick one! To quick for this old bird, tho I got a great hind end shot of the horse! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter