Why no Christmas Party during Thanksgiving week?

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
So I'm looking into dates for our fall trip and we really want a Christmas party during that time but there was no Christmas party during Thanksgiving week this past year. WHY???

BridgetR3 said:
So I'm looking into dates for our fall trip and we really want a Christmas party during that time but there was no Christmas party during Thanksgiving week this past year. WHY???

Crowds. The parties are, first and foremost, a way to boost attendance and revenue during slower times. Thanksgiving week is already crowded.

BOO!! lol....o.k. although I don't like that answer, I can understand it. I guess I'll have to find some other week to go.

We went to the party on the Sunday of Thanksgiving week last year.

Fly in early Friday before Thanksgiving for that night's party. It's the only MVMCP until after Thanksgiving. That's what we've done for years. The crowds are not bad until the day before Thanksgiving.

We went to the party on the Sunday of Thanksgiving week last year.

That depends on how you define "Thanksgiving Week."

On the Disney calendar (most calendars, really,) the weeks run
starting on a Sunday, and ending on the following Saturday.

So, in 2012, Thanksgiving was on Nov. 22.
"Thanksgiving Week" would run Sun. Nov. 18 thru Sat. Nov. 24.

Sun. Nov. 18 (Sun. of Thanksgiving Week) did not have a MVMCP,
but the NEXT week's Sun. (Nov. 25,) DID have a party.

Of course, you likely meant to say that you "went to the party on the Sunday of "Thanksgiving WEEKEND" last year...
in which case you'd be absolutely right.

This has been another Limited Value Post
brought to you by
Disney's greatest promotion ever, "Limited Time Magic."

Yes, it's because of the crowds. And when there are crowds, they cannot get away with closing the MK like they need to in order to host the party.

We are planning to do a holiday trip in 2014 over our kids' Thanksgiving break and I am hoping MVMCP will still continue to be held on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (aka "Thanksgiving weekend" :))

I want to say the same time they release the MNSSHP dates, around the 1st of May.

I would say sometime before May 1st since May 1st is typically when the tickets for both parties go on sale, and the dates should be announced before the tickets go on sale.

I would say sometime before May 1st since May 1st is typically when the tickets for both parties go on sale, and the dates should be announced before the tickets go on sale.

That's what you'd think, but they released the dates and the tickets on May 1, 2012.

(I keep notes on these things, as the questions about them get asked dozens of times every year.)

I think there was a party the Sunday before in 2012- I had reservations and had to cancel. Hoping there is one this year because I am definitely going this year.

I think there was a party the Sunday before in 2012- I had reservations and had to cancel. Hoping there is one this year because I am definitely going this year.

Last year, there was a party on the Friday before Thanksgiving, November 16th and then the next was on the Sunday following Thanksgiving, November 25th. I wish there was one on the Sunday before Tday.

It is all about the crowds. They ticket information should be available around mid-April.

That depends on how you define "Thanksgiving Week."
This has been another Limited Value Post
brought to you by
Disney's greatest promotion ever, "Limited Time Magic."

:goodvibes

And it's a good point, to define what we call a "whatever week". I've seen posts about things like Memorial Day week, and some define it before Mem Day and some define it after. Those are usually on the DLR board, because it seems Mem Day affects Anaheim more than Orlando, but it's the same thing. Or like when I was there from Feb 6-20. Was President's week before, or after, the holiday weekend? I noticed crowds before, then a thinning out after. I was lucky to be there both weeks to see that, because people definite their holiday weeks differently from other people!

(I keep notes on these things, as the questions about them get asked dozens of times every year.)

I love that. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter