• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why no biscuits?

Ill have to look closer next time. I have seen Oatmeal and Cream of Wheat but never grits.

Hoping they have them in Sept when we go this year!!

Yep. Sailed the Dream twice and the Fantasy once and there were biscuits (often with gravy close by) on each cruise. As others have said, with the hot foods, not the other breads.

I really like biscuits and gravy and didn't understand why it wasn't served everyday........

I wonder if it changes based on the demographics onboard? Biscuits and Gravy are a pretty Southern US thing, you don't really see that offered other places in the US or Overseas. :confused3

On the 11-night Norway/Iceland cruise, the Magic had grits in Cabanas every morning (next to the cream of wheat and oatmeal). Biscuits and gravy appeared at least a few times as well. I was most pleasantly surprised to find congee available every morning. It's the perfect comfort food!

I've always seen and partaked of them. They were always next to the "sausage gravy" or "SOS" that you use to top 'em, not with the other breads/muffins/pastries. Maybe that's why you missed them.

We just got off the Fantasy last Sat. We ate at Cabanas every morning but one. I asked about the biscuits. I was told they were a specialty item and only out on certain days. We had them once with the gravy. The other days they had different Mexican rollups.

Biscuits and gravy were out on the Dream last week. Probably the sea day is the day I saw them.

It is a southern staple for breakfast. A biscuit here is a type of bread made from dough (not sweet like your biscuits). The gravy on top is made from browning sausage, making a roux with the drippings and adding milk, salt, and pepper.
I hope that makes sense :)

Biscuits every morning that I was in Beach Blanket on the Wonder this summer, also available breakfast in the dining rooms. With gravy. (and that wonderful berry sauce at the end of the line........yum)

I've learned here that you just need to ask.......I had sherbert for dessert several nights on the Wonder......it CAN be done! They really try to please you.

Silly question ALERT!!!

I'm from the UK, what's biscuits and gravy??

PrincessShmoo posted a good pict. The biscuits in question here are buttermilk biscuits. I guess they are traditionally a Southern US food, but I've had them in the US Midwest my whole life so they aren't strictly a southern food. Here's a link to a recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/southern-buttermilk-biscuits-26110

The gravy is a sausage gravy. Very yummy, and very unhealthy. Put the two together and you get a heavenly food that is a breakfast staple in many areas of the US, but one that also makes me feel like my arteries are clogging as I'm eating it. Hence, I usually only eat this on Christmas morning when my brother whips up his special recipe to hold us over until our big Christmas dinner later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter