Why keep the dessert if Disney is trying to promote healthy eating?

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
I thought the reason Disney changed the kids meals was to promote healthier eating, so why leave the dessert option on the DDP? I don't get it. Even if Disney would at least give us a choice between an appy or a dessert we could choose something somewhat healthier like a salad.

Don't get me wrong -- I love my desserts, but I think even *I* will be sugared out by the end of our vacation. I know DH probably won't even eat a dessert with each meal. I think I've seen him eat dessert a whopping two times in the last year . . . he's just not a sweet eater!

I thought the reason Disney changed the kids meals was to promote healthier eating, so why leave the dessert option on the DDP? I don't get it. Even if Disney would at least give us a choice between an appy or a dessert we could choose something somewhat healthier like a salad.

Don't get me wrong -- I love my desserts, but I think even *I* will be sugared out by the end of our vacation. I know DH probably won't even eat a dessert with each meal. I think I've seen him eat dessert a whopping two times in the last year . . . he's just not a sweet eater!

Ok don't go messing it up for the rest of us. We try to eat healthy all year long just for the opportunity of blowing it at Disney!
They key word in your post is option. In my life there is no such thing as "sugared out" when I'm on vacation. Heck I'll skip the entree if there is a really good dessert. :rolleyes1

Eliza61....I totally agree. On vacation I want to throw my Weight Watchers guide out the window and splurge, splurge, splurge. My DH never eats dessert at home, but loves the different selections at WDW.

So if the DDP doesn't offer things you like to eat opt out of it. That's what we did. We prefer appys over dessert so we know the DDP isn't right for us. I definately don't need a theme park vacation that excludes sugary snacks--that is half the fun when on vacation to do things differently than you do the rest of the year.

I thought the reason Disney changed the kids meals was to promote healthier eating, so why leave the dessert option on the DDP? I don't get it.

anyone who has taken- "Restaurant Management 101" knows the answer is short and sweet- "profits baby":hippie:

Dessert is cheap to make, cheap and fast to plate and serve(cuts labor cost waiters and chefs), and easy to mark-up 400% :love: or more!

Restaurant Managers love dessert :cutie:

anyone who has taken- "Restaurant Management 101" knows the answer is short and sweet- "profits baby":hippie:

Dessert is cheap to make, cheap and fast to plate and serve(cuts labor cost waiters and chefs), and easy to mark-up 400% :love: or more!

Restaurant Managers love dessert :cutie:

I agree with you 100%

Watch, with all of the complaints about dessert this year, Disney will remove both the appetizer and the dessert next year. :lmao:

WHY ???
DisneyDad.gif

I have an idea.......How about let me decide what I and my family will eat. Not Disney, or anyone else. It's none of anyone's business but me. More of this thought process that we need someone to make good decisions for us....Ok, I am done ranting! :mad:

Geez . . . calm down people! No one is trying to take your precious desserts away. I love my sugar as much as the next person. I'm just saying - Disney is being pretty hypocritical. Why not give DDP diners a choice b/w an appy and a dessert? I'm not talking about taking the dessert away, just giving us a choice.

I have a huge sweet tooth and never turn down dessert, but there are people who would prefer a CHOICE.

QUOTE]

We all know they got rid of aps because of profits. I was told that people complained that apps and dessert was too much food (THANKS TO WHOMEVER COMLAINED). Actually, it was probably a marketing survey and the question was something like ....... given the choice of appetizer or dessert on vacation, which would you order.

Personally, I would prefer the choice.

I guess you could always get the berries or fruit.

Geez . . . calm down people! No one is trying to take your precious desserts away. I love my sugar as much as the next person. I'm just saying - Disney is being pretty hypocritical. Why not give DDP diners a choice b/w an appy and a dessert? I'm not talking about taking the dessert away, just giving us a choice.

I have a huge sweet tooth and never turn down dessert, but there are people who would prefer a CHOICE.

I think only one person said seriously that we should be careful to not rock the boat. I was just joking because the rumor that the appetizer was removed because of consumer complaints.

I was serious about the first part of my post where I quoted a PP.

It's all about profits, desserts are cheaper to make. Also tables turn over faster by removing a course, which generates more revenue for Disney.

It's all about profits, desserts are cheaper to make. Also tables turn over faster by removing a course, which generates more revenue for Disney.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. It takes longer to serve a three course meal than a two course meal. If Disney had made it so people had a choice between appetizer and desserts, a husband would order one appetizer to share, they'd each order an entree, then wife would order a dessert to share. Tables wouldn't turn over as quickly and Disney would lose money.

I would love it if we had the option of appey or dessert on DDP - I think it would be perfect. This way (if there are 2 people) one can order and appy and the other dessert and you can share. That's what DH and I usually do wehn we go out. Appy, entree and dessert is too much - but a taste of an appey and desert with your dinner is great! And you always have your snacks for that extra sweet craving!

My guess is that desserts are cheaper for disney then appetizers.:goodvibes

I hope everyone will still watch what we complain about. Remember all the complaints about automatic gratuities, now they are gone. Now people complain about "too much food", now that dessert is not healthy. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter