Why isn't there a dedicated Disney Movie Channel in the resort rooms?

TorontoJoe

Ready to return to WDW this fall!!!
I mean, it's not like the hotel owner/operator doesn't already own the rights to these movies, right?

On our first trip to the Beach Club, I just assumed that we'd have access to the Disney "Vault" of classic movies through out in-room TV service. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered I'd been wishing rather than thinking!

I, for one, think it would be a wonderful service to provide your Disney-loving guests who are already paying well above market rates for their hotel rooms.

We already love the brand enough to come stay on the grounds, why not throw us a bone and stream your content on the in-room TV's?

We have the technology, we can build it! Here's hoping that someone up there at The Mouse thinks of this...

Does anyone have any other cool ideas to perk up the resort offering and make it more "Disneyfied" than the other on-site hotels?

Maybe because they only own ABC ?
Or the cost is too much?
Or they want you to watch the TV channel with the WDW what is going on advertisements?

Your choice to pick a guess :confused3

How about Disney Junior in the resorts? Had a toddler with a cold and poor kid was stuck in the room with nothing appropriate to watch even though Disney has the corner in the kids programming.

I don't mean to sound overly cynical, but I've always assumed that Disney would rather not have guests tied to their resort rooms watching movies, but rather out and about...and likely spending more money. Ergo, not only no Disney movie channel, but far less TV programming (cable, etc.) than you find in an average budget hotel these days.

The only time I have seen Disney movies offered like that was during hurricane Charley. We we kept in our rooms and Disney had 3 channels of constant Disney movies...for about 18 hrs.

On our first trip to the Beach Club, I just assumed that we'd have access to the Disney "Vault" of classic movies through out in-room TV service.

I did, too. :sad1: But I think T16's theory is correct, and goofy4tink's experience seems to support it. Disney's primary goal for some time has been to get people out of their rooms and spending money, and they do a LOT of things, big and small, to encourage everyone to do exactly that. So the only time any one will get Disney movies in their room is when the weather is so dismal the resort is pretty much shut down. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter