Why is WL and AKL so much cheaper than other Deluxe's?

DCLLVR

recently delurked
OK, I need a summary here, why is WL and AKL so much cheaper than the other Deluxe's .. by almost $100 per night (depending on the dates you use). Also, I like the themeing on both of these ... please give me your advantages/disadvantages to each. Thanks in advance!!!!!

MK resorts has monorail and Epcot resorts can walk to 2 parks...AKL and WL must bus to parks

OK, I need a summary here, why is WL and AKL so much cheaper than the other Deluxe's .. by almost $100 per night (depending on the dates you use). Also, I like the themeing on both of these ... please give me your advantages/disadvantages to each. Thanks in advance!!!!!

The rooms are a lot smaller. The room I had at the CR was HUGE compared to the ones at the WL/AKL. But besides that, I always wondered why too.

Location, location, location....:)

WL/AKL are not on the monorail line, you cannot walk to a park from these resorts (EPCOT, MK, or Studios)

EPCOT Deluxes have EPCOT views, MK monorail deluxes have MK views....

All this being said-our favorite resort is WL and we love AKL too.

You've also got that extra day bed in the more expensive resorts - WL and AKL don't have that. I'm hoping some day my child will agree to sleep in it instead of directly on top of me. That would totally make the more expensive rates worth it to me. I'm holding on to this dream I have of actually getting to sleep on vacation some day... it may be a pipe dream, but it's my dream... ;)

I don't believe it is one or the other. I believe it is a combination of both location and room size.

Location is key to cost, size of rooms, and transportation choices. I think the themes are incredible in order to entice guests to stay there.

Fewer dining choices as well, which is correlated to room cost. There is WCC, Roaring Fork and Artist Point. How many times do you want to eat at WCC in a stay. Artist Point only offers dinner and Roaring Fork is counter service.

AKL has Boma, which is B,L & D, but you may not want a buffet every day. Jiko for dinner and The Mara for counter service.

1) Because they are "First Class Hotels", not "Deluxe Hotels", by Disney's own definition.
2) Typical differences
. . . smaller room sizes
. . . less activities at/near location
. . . reduced restaurant choices
. . . lower level of room furnishings
. . . fewer room amenities (such as bathroom layouts)

NOTE: The determination of a First Class Hotel takes nothing away from the experience, but a seasoned traveler will instantly "feel" the differences.

I figured it had to do with the fact that Poly, GF, Contemporary are located on the monorail system.

Location is key to cost, size of rooms, and transportation choices. I think the themes are incredible in order to entice guests to stay there.

Fewer dining choices as well, which is correlated to room cost. There is WCC, Roaring Fork and Artist Point. How many times do you want to eat at WCC in a stay. Artist Point only offers dinner and Roaring Fork is counter service.

AKL has Boma, which is B,L & D, but you may not want a buffet every day. Jiko for dinner and The Mara for counter service.

Boma doesn't serve lunch. Just breakfast and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter