• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is Walt Disney One Man's Dream so ignored?

stoudt6

Mouseketeer
Every time I go in its basically empty. Just My opinion, but this is the most important attraction at WDW and it isn't even given a thought by many. Can't understand why?

I have no idea, but I *love* this attraction.

My guess is that people tend to be go, go, go and want to ride as many rides as possible and don't take the time to slow down and explore a little.

We love One Man's Dream including our 12 yr old DS. We usually visit in June & there are a good amount of guests roaming around inside. I think that attraction has been one of the factors of us planning our first DL trip for next July 2013.:goodvibes

The same reason Carousel of Progress, Universe of Energy, and to a lesser extent MuppetVision 3D is ignored...it's not a "thrill ride".

I think it's sad that this attraction is overlooked by so many people. Personally, I absolutely love it. :goodvibes

I love it, but I'm also grateful that it IS ignored by most people. I wouldn't want to have to shuffle through a crowd of people to see it.

I think it's ignored because it's a straight forward museum exhibition/documentary. Unless you're into that kind of thing (like us!), you won't be interested in seeing it. Especially when you're on vacation. For some people it's like being offered vegetables for dessert.

I've never been in it but it's mostly because we almost always get lost when we go to DH. It's just not very easy to navigate, sometimes there are areas we just miss entirely! It's definitely on my to do list for this next trip!

Every time I go in its basically empty. Just My opinion, but this is the most important attraction at WDW and it isn't even given a thought by many. Can't understand why?

One of our favorites, too, but have to admit we've certainly been happy in the past that it was a relaxing place to stroll through and usually not too crowded.

:goodvibes

Because one actually has to read, use their mind, think about things. Kids and thrill ride seekers get bored very quickly. I love this place but others in my party were there because it was warm (45 degrees outside in January). The five year old grandson quickly needed a bathroom which solved a lot of the problem. And then he fell asleep in the movie portion.

Myself? I prefer to do this on my own. Then I can take my time. I'll send the others to Lights, Motors, Action (which ain't my thing) and do this.

It is a must do for our family and I think it should be for everyone's family. It would be scary if you found out the number of young people who believe DISNEY is a brand much like Coca-Cola. So many don't even know a man named Walt Disney existed and non of the trill rides and the parks they love so much would never have been if Walt Disney would never have been. This attraction holds a special place for our family. I have to admit, whenever I hear Walt say those words "To all who've come this happy place, welcome" it melts my heart and I cry every time.

A few years ago, it was just a me and mom trip, and it was the first time we had seen it. My mom said after the show, "That show was worth coming to WDW for." And I totally agree!!!! It's a great show!!!

This is a must-do for me and my DH. It's one of my DH's favorite things at WDW and I'm always so inspired by the movie. But we have family who live and Florida and have been to WDW dozens of times who consider anything that's not a ride a complete waste of time. :confused3

Because one actually has to read, use their mind, think about things. Kids and thrill ride seekers get bored very quickly. I love this place but others in my party were there because it was warm (45 degrees outside in January). The five year old grandson quickly needed a bathroom which solved a lot of the problem. And then he fell asleep in the movie portion.

Myself? I prefer to do this on my own. Then I can take my time. I'll send the others to Lights, Motors, Action (which ain't my thing) and do this.

Right on about people having to use their minds and think! :rotfl: I LOVE this attraction. Walt was such a brillant man and had such amazing dreams. Most don't know anything about his story and they forget that if it wasn't for him, there wouldn't even be a "Disney!" I love to study about him because it is where I draw alot of my inspiration for my work. If he can dream about something like that and accomplish it, then we can all dream! That is the power of Disney! pixiedust:

It's the number one thing on my DHS list for my visit next month! I missed it in 2010 because we had a 5 year old in tow, but this is a solo trip and I'm getting to do all the "boring" stuff I missed last time! LOL

This is a must-do for us every trip. We learn something we every time we visit this attraction.

We just walked through it on our last trip and I thought it was pretty cool. I love little models and dioramas, and the museum had plenty.

The diorama of Peter Pan's Flight is incredible, I would love to have that to keep. And all the models of the Jungle Cruise and the castles are also cool. It is worth at least a walk through if you've never done it.

I think that part of it is that there isn't a lot of curb appeal that draws folks in. Also a casual visitor isn't going to make the connection of what it's all about. If its not a ride it must not be worth it is probably in their thought process.

My hope is that they don't decide to abandon it due to low attendance. WDW needs to maintain the connections to Walt. I'm still bummed that they quit showing the cartoons in the cinema on Main St.

My son has Asperger's. He is a history fanatic & April 2013 (6 months/6 days) will be our first time as a family going to DW.
A special thanks from me to you for posting this as we may have missed it! He will be absolutely nuts about it!
The President's will be HUGE for him as he knows the names of every President, their spouse, children, type of pet & their names! I love his quirky differences and find myself so proud of the abilities he has that I couldn't dream of having.
:tinker: :dumbo: :mickeyjum :donald: :tigger:

I think new guests have more "popular" attractions in mind, you know the must do's. Then they find themselves running around like crazy trying to get everything done and learn the layouts of the land. Then on their second visit, they explore a little more and maybe see a few new attractions. But most of them will stick to what they know and hit all of their favorites again.

Then maybe on their forth or fifth trip, they go "Hey, One man's dream, what's this?" so they go in and check it out. Afterwards they walk out and go "Wow, that was really cool, I'm glad I finally checked that out."

You are right though, One Man's Dream doesn't get the credit it deserves, but I think once you do take the time to experience it, you're glad you did. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter