Why is this ride still operational????

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I so wish they never changed that over from the Alien Encounter. I think that may have been my favorite attraction of all time. So intense!

I'm not sure about a ride, but the Country Bear Jamboree seems really old and outdated to me and I'd like to see something in it's place.

I too miss Alien Encounter. I don't ride Stitch now I did once and thought it was just ok.

One ride that I think if not a total refurb, at least needs a good cleaning. Soarin' which is my favorite ride.

As for ripping something down, and starting over 100%... Carousel of Progress. They could use that space in the park for something much more updated, and fun. ;)

:scared1:

No way, Carousel of Progress is a CLASSIC attraction. I do think the last scene could be updated, but it's one of my favorite attractions that I look forward to seeing every trip, sometimes more than once per trip! :)

Figment!!!:figment:

I never rode the original but from what I heard it is a shadow of what it used to be. I was hoping the popularity of the comics might be the push for disney to finally remodel it but I guess not.

(Figment is my family's favorite character)

That's what happened when people complained that Snow Whites Adventure was too scary.

This always boggled me when I walk out of the ride at Disneyland. Parents would be holding their screaming, crying children while berating a cast member that the ride is too scary and why they weren't warned ahead of time.

The ride is called "Snow White's SCARY Adventures!" YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO. It's like buying an ice cream and complaining to the cast member that it was too cold.

Nothing screams "Tomorrow" land like a bunch of 30 year old, gas guzzling, carbon dioxide spewing go carts. Feels more like a financially strapped carnival attraction than Disney.

I thought the Alien Encounter was perfect and didn't need to be "dumbed down" to include Stitch. Now it just sucks and needs to go. Or... they could put it back the way it was and advertise it as an adults-only ride. What would be wrong with that?

It's Tough to Be a Bug tops my list. I go to WDW once every couple of weeks as a local but I avoided that thing for 16 years--scared the crap out of me as a kid. Decided to check it out recently...I felt like it was the 90s again. 3D was so dated, seats uncomfortable, show generally moronic and honestly quite frightening, especially since it's not billed that way. Obviously the tree should stay, but I'd love to see something else put in it.

The Speedway in MK. I can ride something like that at my local amusement park.

Stitch, seems the majority of park visitors really do not like this ride.

Carousel of Progress is hands off! :love: As pp stated, it is a classic and an original from Walt himself. Sure the future scene could use some updating but even as it stands, I love it.

HS - Indiana Jones. :scared1: I know I know. I'm sure I'm the minority on that one lol

Nothing screams "Tomorrow" land like a bunch of 30 year old, gas guzzling, carbon dioxide spewing go carts. Feels more like a financially strapped carnival attraction than Disney.

You mean carbon MONoxide? :crazy2: Blech. I read on another thread a while back that the cars are not actually gas powered and that the noise and smells were artificial? If that's even true, why??? Either way, it makes no sense. Make them electric and really take us into Tomorrowland! I don't love this attraction, but I do get why kids love to be able to drive cars - I know how much I loved doing that as a kid.

I think that the whole Imagination Pavilion really needs to be gutted. It's such a beautiful building, seems a waste that there's really nothing good there. I'm actually a big Captain EO fan, but I know it should be replaced by something modern. I'd be happy to have it on blu-ray! Likewise, I really love Figment and his ride is just a piece of you-know-what right now.

You mean carbon MONoxide? :crazy2: Blech. I read on another thread a while back that the cars are not actually gas powered and that the noise and smells were artificial? If that's even true, why??? Either way, it makes no sense. Make them electric and really take us into Tomorrowland! I don't love this attraction, but I do get why kids love to be able to drive cars - I know how much I loved doing that as a kid.

No, dioxide. Carbon Dioxide is produced in any combustion reaction. Carbon monoxide is produced from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds; it forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), such as when operating a stove or an internal combustion engine in an enclosed space.

It's Tough to Be a Bug tops my list. I go to WDW once every couple of weeks as a local but I avoided that thing for 16 years--scared the crap out of me as a kid. Decided to check it out recently...I felt like it was the 90s again. 3D was so dated, seats uncomfortable, show generally moronic and honestly quite frightening, especially since it's not billed that way. Obviously the tree should stay, but I'd love to see something else put in it.

Actually my favorite thing at AK

Carousel of Progress....really?!!:lmao:

How dare you!

As penance, I assign you to read at least two books on the life of Walt Disney. Then complete a three page essay on the influence this country had on Walt's growing up and his contributions to the culture in this country. Due before your next trip to Walt Disney World. :)

I like Stitch

Captain EO for sure needs to go. I never understood why they brought it back just because he died. For a few weeks after his death, maybe, but YEARS?? The last 10-15 years of this man's life was nothing but one big scandal....if it's true or not, who knows...but EO wasn't that great to begin with.

And the Speedway....that smell is fake??? Seriously?? I hate that ride, but rest of my family loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter