Why is this board still here???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DID NOT attack your area. That was another poster. I see his post was deleted. He's the one that said about people whining and needing to get off their butts. I never said that. I got onto Villain dude because he came on here saying that NOLA was the place that had the most damage. His post was also deleted. I lived in Biloxi during katrina. Biloxi and the surrounding areas were ground zero. NOT NOLA! I'm sorry you all had levee breaches and flooding, and deaths. I think what you all went through was terrible and I HAVE watched the news, but Villain dude and some other folks that I had talked to from NOLA( not you, btw.) are acting like the hurricane never touched the Biloxi area. I'm here to tell you that's just not true.
AGAIN, I didn't start this thread to start a fight. I'm just thinking since Katrina happened almost two years ago, and the board was so helpful with giving info and support and touching base, it should be more generalized to encompass katrina Rita, wilma, and all other future storms. Like coast storm info, or like I suggested, All Hurricanes suck. Whatever you all want to call it. After all, there are tons of people on the Dis living on the coast, it should be there.
I'm so sorry I posted this thread. I guess i'll go back to oohing and aahing over trip reports and trying to see what color pixie dust is.:rolleyes:

First, I never once said that N.O or Louisiana received the most damage and I asked for people to pray for the Gulf Coast (my post was deleted, however, your attacks are still here, hhhmmmm.)

Also, I been to the Mississippi and Alabama coast ... a number of times. I have a B.I.L who lost his home in Bay Saint Louis (btw, he and his family now live with us) as well as a former co worker who lost her home in BSL.

A childhood friend and his family who lived in Biloxi, lost his home and job ... not only did he lose everything, his mother DM and DF, DB and DSister lost everything (they lived in the NOLA area). In other words, I've seen and lived it.

Now, this ground zero thing you are refering to ... well, IMHO, GZ was from Mobile Bay, Alabama to the Louisiana/Texas coast and everything in between.

IMHO, your posts do not seem to reflect your tag name but hey, that just my HO.

So many people have Christ on there tongue but not in their heart ... I still forgive you and I don't expect to change your mind .... compassion my friend is a Christ like quality....

Good day and have a blessed life my friend,

-Chuck

I have followed all of the Katrina threads and I have never seen anyone from New Orleans not acknowledge the Mississippi destruction when it has been brought up. My house is gone, your house is gone. Can't it just be generally sympathy for each other without a pissing contest?

BTW, here is a link to the Katrina path, it most definitely passed through Louisiana before going out over the lake and then to MS. I don't understand your ground zero stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Katrina_2005_track.png

Thank you for pointing this out .... and thanks for the link with the path of Hurricane Katrina.

-Chuck

As a real Behind the Diker I wonder iff and how far the Gulf Coast has recovered.
Last year we drove along the coast and saw the demolition.

We were so ashamed to drive there as tourist and gaping at the terrible lost from lives and homes.

On the other hand I think that every dollar that tourist spend will help. We would love to visit the region again but are afraid to become “disaster tourists”.

We feel quit helpless on what to do. The reporters have moved to another disaster and the only way to get information is looking at Discovery Channel.

I found this topic and my impression was that the whole region is still struggling with the aftermath.

We think so often back at the horrifying things we saw. Believe me the you are not forgotten in our home and hart.

Love Marion.

http://frommemphistoorlando.web-log.nl/frommemphistoorlando/

As a real Behind the Diker I wonder iff and how far the Gulf Coast has recovered.

We were so ashamed to drive there as tourist and gaping at the terrible lost from lives and homes.

On the other hand I think that every dollar that tourist spend will help. We would love to visit the region again but are afraid to become “disaster tourists”.

We feel quit helpless on what to do. The reporters have moved to another disaster and the only way to get information is looking at Discovery Channel.

I found this topic and my impression was that the whole region is still struggling with the aftermath.

We think so often back at the horrifying things we saw. Believe me the you are not forgotten in our home and hart.

Love Marion.

What a nice post! Our government officials visited your country to get a look at your incredible levee system. I understand you are light years ahead of where we were/are, which I guess is why this mess happened to begin with!

Love Marion.

Marion,

Please don't be afraid to be "disaster tourists". We all want as many people as possible to come again and again and see firsthand how slow the recovery is going. Please come back and bring others with you.

What a warm heart you have, wish there were millions more like you! My deceased Dad was a Dutchman with a big warm heart!

Kathy

What a nice post! Our government officials visited your country to get a look at your incredible levee system. I understand you are light years ahead of where we were/are, which I guess is why this mess happened to begin with!

I don’t think you can blame anyone for this mess. Mother Nature is so much stronger than us little people.
Light years ahead is just how you look at it. Our national symbool is a lion half out of the water and our national slogan is:"We struggle and uprise the waters" and we fight the water always and every day.

I see you home town is New Orleans. When we visited Nola and we took a boat ride with the Natchez and we saw the break in the levee.
We are so interested in all this because we have an profession bounded to the water.

Just look at the picture.

de_marion_na_de_verbouwing.jpg

Loved your city and we will certainly return.
We loved seeing Old Man River and hope to make a cruise from Memphis to NOLA.
I will certainly visit this topic again to see if there is any progress .

Marion.

Our national symbool is a lion half out of the water and our national slogan is:"We struggle and uprise the waters" and we fight the water always and every day.

I see you home town is New Orleans. When we visited Nola and we took a boat ride with the Natchez and we saw the break in the levee.
We are so interested in all this because we have an profession bounded to the water.

Just look at the picture.

de_marion_na_de_verbouwing.jpg

Loved your city and we will certainly return.
We loved seeing Old Man River and hope to make a cruise from Memphis to NOLA.
I will certainly visit this topic again to see if there is any progress .

Marion.

Very impressive ship! My family's livelihood is tied to the water, too.

I love your country's slogan.

Hey Blue eyed girl... there was a post right before mine that was really ugly about folks in Louisiana get off their butts and stop asking for hand outs and that you dont see folks in the midwest and up north asking for handouts for govt etc....when they have natural disasters.

What Heather and I wrote was in response to that post not to anything Sinderelli posted, i imagine you missed the post.

Hey, wait a minute, what did I post? I only asked the original poster to visit to Gulf Coast to see why this thread was still here.

Hey, wait a minute, what did I post? I only asked the original poster to visit to Gulf Coast to see why this thread was still here.

Yes, I know, read back a little bit, we cleared it up and I changed the name in my post. I could only read the ugly post in DISboard email because it had been deleted already and the person who wrote the ugly post had quoted something of yours and at the time yours was the only name I saw in the email quote so I thought it was from you.

I went to the French Market, and I was very happy to see 3 tourist groups. As I got closer to them I noticed they all had t shirts made up saying where they were from and that they were Spring Breaking down here to help. So a big thanks to all of them. Not only were they here to help rebuild(I assume) but they were also enjoying the French Market and Jackson Square and spending much needed tourist dollars!!!

I'm heading out for another trip to New Orleans next week, and have another trip coming up to the gulf states in the near future. I look forward to it - and as I posted earlier, I think that a trip through this area should be a requirement for all of your countrypersons.

I don't think that one can truly understand until one sees it first hand.

Best thoughts to all of you who are still living with this daily.

The question has been asked, and answered several times. It is time to close this thread.

Perhaps another thread can be started that tells just how important this board is to educate people to the ongoing healing that is taking place in the southern part of the United States.

Thank you to everyone who has participated compassionately. None of us know when disaster will strike, and it is good to know that there are people who are willing to help - whether it be by material means or by emotional support - it is all necessary for us to survive and thrive again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter