Why is there still no Nightmare before Christmas?

awoogala

Mouseketeer
Being a rabid Nightmare before Christmas fan, I am still wondering why WDW has no attraction for it. Why have they never thought of a dark ride for this? between the love for Haunted Mansion (and the DL Nightmare during Halloween), and the way Skellington Merch still flies off the shelf, I would think it was a no-brainer...so why? Anyone have any real or imagined ;) ideas?
Especially since WDW is always getting the "nothing for teens" criticism(which I don't agree with!), I would think Nightmare is very teen friendly!

Jack and Sally recently had a Meet and Greet at DTD to promote Frankenweenie. The lines were very long so maybe management took notice that there is a demand for this property.

They don't do the NBC overlay on the Haunted Mansion in WDW likely because at DL it's closed for four weeks - two to install the overlay and two to remove it. That might work at DL because most of their guests are locals, but not at WDW, where most guests come from outside Florida.

They don't do the NBC overlay on the Haunted Mansion in WDW likely because at DL it's closed for four weeks - two to install the overlay and two to remove it. That might work at DL because most of their guests are locals, but not at WDW, where most guests come from outside Florida.
I had to Google this since I couldn't believe it was true. HM at DL is closed four weeks every year to install and take down the Nightmare before Xmas theming??? That sucks. I'm glad they don't do that in FL... If you like NBC so much, just watch the movie again! ;)

It takes two weeks in September to add it, and two in January to remove it.

I love the Nightmare Before Christmas too! That's why I'm planning on taking a trip to DL next year instead of WDW! Just gotta know where to go to get what you want I guess.

Hi,

im surpirsed its not more in the parks from october-december given the seasons it covers in the movies.

maybe meet and greet and more merch but remember disney is all about the theming and not spoling the magic, where would this ride sit within wdw?

it dosnt really fit anywhere? that could be the reason and plus they already have HM as a spookey ride, so i dont think they will ever have a attraction but more merch and some m&G during halloween season would be good :thumbsup2

I don't want the overlay-not enough! ;)
I want a full ride! Hollywood studios has plenty of half-empty space! It is absolutely fitting, since it was quite a cinematic achievement. Come on WDW, give us a NBC dark ride!

I don't want the overlay-not enough! ;)
I want a full ride! Hollywood studios has plenty of half-empty space! It is absolutely fitting, since it was quite a cinematic achievement. Come on WDW, give us a NBC dark ride!

They can't. NBC is a Universal network. ;)

(Actually, I think NBX is the more popular abbreviation).

Not just that but I've also heard Nightmare before Christmas was never exactly popular outside the U.S.

Not just that but I've also heard Nightmare before Christmas was never exactly popular outside the U.S.

Not true. It was (and still is) huge in Japan. But then again, what isn't?

There are Japanese companies that still produce NBX products.

Not true. It was (and still is) huge in Japan. But then again, what isn't?

There are Japanese companies that still produce NBX products.

That's true but Japan is in a totally different category,they're into anything that's a cartoon,anime or movies like this one that have become a cult classic.This movie pretty much underperformed at the box office but home video is what has made this movie a classic,aside from the US and Japan the film is not very popular in other countries,and although the Orlando parks do get a decent amount of Japanese tourists the bulk are South Americans and Europeans.In the end Disney just doesn't feel transforming Haunted Mansion in Orlando will get the same reaction as it does in Anaheim,I would like to see it done one day but I'm not expecting it.

They can't. NBC is a Universal network. ;)

(Actually, I think NBX is the more popular abbreviation).

On the DLR boards it's NBC when discussing the overlay. I have never heard NBX until reading your post.

It used to take upwards od four weeks to put it up, but the time has decreased since 2007.

Though I'd love having the overlay at WDW (it was being removed during my one DL trip), I can see four weeks down is just so much. But how about a meet and greet, live show, walk-thru attraction, dance party--SOMETHING--during MNSSHP?? Like OP said, hopefully the Frankenweenie M&G crowd will let them know we want more Jack!

On the DLR boards it's NBC when discussing the overlay. I have never heard NBX until reading your post.

It used to take upwards od four weeks to put it up, but the time has decreased since 2007.

I guess it depends on what circle the conversation is in. I deal with a lot of merchandising and it's always referred to as NBX.

Most Disney properties don't have rides. The fact is, there is only so much space in the parks and money in the budget. While Nightmare Before Christmas has a very devoted following, it doesn't have the most widespread appeal; I wouldn't expect an attraction to pop up anytime soon.

The Friday night of the Fl M&G for Jack & Sally was the last night of our trip so I drug the family over to get in line....we lined up at a little befor 5:30 and finished up right at 7:00. While in line the CM's said they were expecting 4000 people that night. Do the math 12000 people in 3 evenings would have to tell them that they need a little better representation of the NBC, (villians in general too) but as we have seen-it doesn't mean we will see any changes. For those that didn't get to do the M&G-in 7 disney trips it was one of the BEST interactions-wasn't just a photo op, they did autograph books and spent quite a bit of time with each family talking with each member-very unrushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter