Why is the R word socially acceptable?

I thought I posted a reply to this thread but I can not find my response. I guess I offended someone with my question and post? :confused3

Insults are always hurtful. I am sorry you were hurt.
I have not deleted anything from this thread and I would be able to see if any other moderator had deleted anything. So, I can tell you for sure that your post never made it all the way from your computer to the thread.

I have not deleted anything from this thread and I would be able to see if any other moderator had deleted anything. So, I can tell you for sure that your post never made it all the way from your computer to the thread.

Thanks for cleaning that up. I was wondering if I had said something wrong.

I have a friend's child who would say this over and over again.

One day I simply asked her what it meant. She didn't know and I had her look it up. She got very quiet and I told her of the one day that I didn't know it and how upset I made a friend whose brother had such challenges.

She doesn't say it anymore.

I explain that it is used incorrectly, as a slur, and is not appropriate.

I have no problem telling people (especially teens, who seem to be the worst offenders) that I find that word offensive. I didn't used to be as sensitive to it and used it a lot myself..until I had a child who was developmentally delayed. I realized how offensive it could be to someone who's child was like mine and I decided to stop using it..unless I was talking about musical notation (ritard).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter