Why is the Disney website so slow?

Tondakea

Earning My Ears
We tried to retrieve our cruise reservation, using Cruise # and DOB, and all we see is Mickey swimming across our screen. Three times in three days. Going to roll the dice and simply show up this time. Not book shore excursions, etc.

With respect to Disney (which is a customer first company), their website seems to lack 'zip'.

(Heresy? Ban the newbie? :littleangel:)

We tried to retrieve our cruise reservation, using Cruise # and DOB, and all we see is Mickey swimming across our screen. Three times in three days. Going to roll the dice and simply show up this time. Not book shore excursions, etc.

With respect to Disney (which is a customer first company), their website seems to lack 'zip'.

Disney can do lots of things but running websites is not one of them. Unfortunately the DCL is notorious for going up and down.. All I can suggest is keep trying. it's possible they are doing some behind the scene works as they just flipped over to this new site and they have to be ready to load all the 2011 trips in a few weeks when it's announced on Sept 9/10/11??

Thanks.

Many websites have graphics.

No big deal.

I was actually trying to see 'basic' things like whether onboard credit was posted; tried to book Castaway Cay tour for teenagers and snorkelling equipment for ourselves.

With respect to onboard credit - will find out while on board.

As for Castaway Cay, they are not usually sold out.

Like I said - hakuna matada. Would have liked to do online, but will do in person.

You're handling it nicely. :) I'm not sure I'd be that patient if I were trying to book stuff. I've had that same issue, with the stuck on swimming Mickey, a few times this week too. Luckily, I am nowhere near booking anything time, so I don't have a reason to get too frustrated. It wouldn't take my payments at all this weekend and I had to remind myself that it's no big deal, yet.

Disney seems to focus so much on making their sites pretty and full of wow, that they forget that it's important that it actually function. I have issues with every Disney site I go to.

I hate dealing with the official Disney websites. They are slower than slow. I usually have to open another window and read up over here while waiting for the Disney site to load.

Thanks.

Many websites have graphics.

No big deal.

I was actually trying to see 'basic' things like whether onboard credit was posted; tried to book Castaway Cay tour for teenagers and snorkelling equipment for ourselves.

With respect to onboard credit - will find out while on board.

As for Castaway Cay, they are not usually sold out.

Like I said - hakuna matada. Would have liked to do online, but will do in person.

Very true, but it has to do with layering, the amount going on at once, etc etc.

I found that using Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer fixed all the problems I was having with the website. I don't think it gets along with explorer.

I found that using Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer fixed all the problems I was having with the website. I don't think it gets along with explorer.
WOW thanks for the tip...I think I will try Mozilla next time before I try chrome...but thanks. I dread having to login to DCL for anything!!! So sorry...I have felt your pain :headache:! I always try to imagine the vast number of people that are probably logged in at one time :lmao:...HTH!

OMG! starchef you are so RIGHT on! I tried it thru Mozilla Firefox browser and it flies....much quicker! THANK YOU! I am thrilled :yay:

I'm really surprised to see this post, because I have found the website to be much faster now that they have revamped it. We have used it alot this past week for our upcoming cruise and it has been lightening fast - Mickey doesn't even always make it across the screen once. :confused: However, it STILL hasn't helped in getting any Palo brunches! :rotfl:
I use IE - no problemo.

It's hit and miss.

Brutal at 8:00 this morning (EST) but better at 3:30 today.

The cruise is awesome - like I said - Hakuna matada.

:cool1:

You will not see any stateroom credits on DCL's site. You or your TA will have to call DCL to confirm they are on your account.

Try this shortcut. As soon as the site comes up, and before it starts to load the images, click on the "Planning Center" tab. The site bypasses all the flash and sizzle junk and flips you past everything so you can get to your rezzie faster.

Since booking the PC in 2005 and trying to do online excursions, etc., I find their website excruciatingly slow! And now since they have updated the site and redone the graphics, it is always crashing and freezing. With ressies opening up in October/November for 2011, and a third ship in the mix, they REALLY need to invest in better servers and drives and more speed to keep up with the obvious demand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter