• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is the Contemporary so full in August?

addlepated

Earning My Ears
Why am I having so many problems finding an open room August 10+? Is it because it's more than 6 months away? Because the north wing is gone? Because it's going to be really crowded then (I hope not!)? There are no tower rooms showing up online, and now I'm not seeing any garden wing rooms available, either.

I had that same problem two years ago.

We ended up staying at a different resort the first night, and then moving to the Contemporary.

Hope it works out for you!:wizard:

I am traveling to the CR 08/15-20. I had the GF booked because I couldn't get a MK view..I kept trying and I did get it! It is a very popular hotel because of it's location and the GV rooms are the cheapest on the monorail so maybe that's why it fills up so quick.. :confused3 maybe there is a convention...when I asked they said that the night of the 16th was bad...other then that date the resort was wide open..It may be only one night that is the issue with your reservation...keep trying :thumbsup2

There are also fewer rooms available now that they knocked down one of the wings.

I know of one group package there in August. My SIL's church group is part of a convention that's going. I'm pretty sure it's not just her local church but for all of the churches in her region.

Tower rooms are very, VERY popular ALL THE TIME (not just this August) and in general need to be booked far in advance. I have tried several times and never been able to get in (that's booking 1 year to 8 months before travel). If you can be flexible with your dates, that might help, or be persistent in calling back every day. Often there are cancellations and something opens up. Unfortunately, there is no wait list, so you just have to be first to snag it once that room opens up. The views from the tower are spectacular and the rooms are the biggest standard rooms on property, so they are in HIGH demand. Good luck getting one! IMO, it will be worth your effort.

The bounce back date for August starts Aug 10th. We were at the Yacht Club and tried to see if Contemporary was available they said nothing but the wing was available that was on Feb 10th.
Good luck. We will be at the Poly.

Diane

IMHO it's a combination of two reasons...the CR is a convention resort and the summer is a popular time for conventions and the north wing is literally gone...kaput.. as something new is being built in it's place.

Ah hah! Since I was flexible on my dates, I found a tower room open late July/early August. We're booked! :woohoo:

^Sweet!^

It's only been the past five years or so that we could even begin to be able to afford the tower, and in all that time we've yet to secure a room with a MK view during the dates we could go... Always booked solid, even eight months in advance...

SOME day.... (I hope) The place is extremely popular...

My guess is there might be rooms that are taken up by guests who are there for conventions, however if you keep trying something might open up. I will also say my family and I also had trouble getting our reservation there for this August. We could not go the days we were suppost to stay at the Grand Floridian and no matter the days we tried the 1st 3 weeks of August was sold out. Thankfully there was an opening for the days we are now going and we got this reservation back in December.

IMHO it's a combination of two reasons...the CR is a convention resort and the summer is a popular time for conventions and the north wing is literally gone...kaput.. as something new is being built in it's place.

that's the answer right there! I stayed there last year because of a convention and there were several going on at the same time

I called the day I got my code in the mail and got a quote for a room in the CR no problem (we decided to go with the GF).

8/10 is when the summer dates opened up with the discount codes, so many people who couldn't ordinarily stay in a deluxe are going deluxe, so it might be harder to find a room at the CR, GF, Poly, AK, etc.

Its not just mid august I am trying to book from 7/26-8/3 and I can't checkin or out on those days if I shorten the trip then I can stay there but I don't really want to move around so I don't know what I am going to do yet.

Its not just mid august I am trying to book from 7/26-8/3 and I can't checkin or out on those days if I shorten the trip then I can stay there but I don't really want to move around so I don't know what I am going to do yet.

Try calling them on the phone. I did this afternoon and they found availability for me that was not listed on the web site.

That's what I figured I will be calling AAA actually for my travel discount w/ them. I'm still just trying to decide if I want to stay there or at the Poly again.

I was wondering the same thing. I tried for the week of Aug. 10 and they were booked. I got reservations at Poly instead.

well they dont have as many rooms with the construction and they do alot of convention business
I would just keep trying.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter