Why is the coffee so terrible?!?!

Pirate Me said:
We bring VIA packets and use the hot water in the food court. I mostly live on Crystal Light peach iced tea packets, though.

When we're at the Beach Club we like walking over to the Dolphin where they brew Starbucks. We won't have this problem when Starbucks comes to the World. :)

Good to know. How far of a walk is the Dolphin from the BC? If that's what me or DH has to do every morning to get us some Starbucks, then that's what we'll do!

Let me add the sewage water that they call tea. That Gold Peak is absolutely awful!!!! They used to actually make the tea and it was so much better.

I'm glad to have read this - I will definitely be bringing some Starbucks VIA packs with me. I always joke that I like my coffee strong enough that the spoon will stand up in it.

Now if only I could find cream that I like in the US to add to it. I can't stand the taste of those oil based creamers and none of the milk/cream I have ever had on trips to the US tastes good to me. But I am also likely a milk snob as my dh is a dairy farmer here in Canada.

prairiesarah said:
I'm glad to have read this - I will definitely be bringing some Starbucks VIA packs with me. I always joke that I like my coffee strong enough that the spoon will stand up in it.

Now if only I could find cream that I like in the US to add to it. I can't stand the taste of those oil based creamers and none of the milk/cream I have ever had on trips to the US tastes good to me. But I am also likely a milk snob as my dh is a dairy farmer here in Canada.

Joffreys carts have milk.

The Nescafe they sreve is awful! This is why I drink more booze. When DCA got a Starbucks as part of their huge CarsLand/Hollywood renovation I just about kissed the ground it stood on. Not only is it better coffee than the Nescafe swill but it is the most beautiful starbucks I have ever seen! The theming with DCA was seamless. Let's hope they bring that idea to The World!

Good to know. How far of a walk is the Dolphin from the BC? If that's what me or DH has to do every morning to get us some Starbucks, then that's what we'll do!

It's a very nice walk in the morning. Definitely less than ten minutes. The food place is called Picabu on the first floor of the hotel.

I laughingly suggest that there are two types of coffee drinkers: Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.

We bring Starbucks instant Via. This is not your grandfathers Sanka.

This is me on our first trip..Starbucks VIA is worth it!!
I so listened to the advice on this board when it comes to WDW coffee.

I'll be packing my Community Coffee, as usual, and my pot from home because I don't know if the in-room pots have an auto timer feature. I like to have my coffee waiting for me when I wake up. I'm a princess...I know it :)

I'll be packing my Community Coffee, as usual, and my pot from home because I don't know if the in-room pots have an auto timer feature. I like to have my coffee waiting for me when I wake up. I'm a princess...I know it :)

:cool1: This is funny, since we are driving down, we are taking our own and our maker too!!! We need a new coffee pot anyway, so I just plan on leaving that one when I leave (it still works, just starting to slow down, despite several "cleanings") maybe I should start a thread on the resort board for and "exchange" LOL:rotfl2:

Aw. Kinda sad, seems very few people know about the other coffee carts.:/

Ah well.^_^ Maybe its better off a sort of WDW secret.;)

I actually don't mind the nescafe stuff they serve in the parks. It isn't gourmet, but adding a little sweetener to it makes it pretty tolerable.

I'll be staying at WBC in December, and they have a starbucks on site, so I guess I get the best of both worlds. :thumbsup2

With everything great Disney does, why cant they offer some good coffee??

The reason is because they have found out that they can offer horrible, disgusting coffee and you are still going to show up and spend your money.

They will only offer something better if it is in their best interest, profit wise, to do so.

Hence the reason we used to go once or twice a year but now we haven't been there in a couple years.

Whenever I talk on the Dis about the food prices at WDW, everyone posts that "I pay more in my town for food than Disney charges", or, "Compared to Six Flags Disney is a bargain".

Lets hear everyone talk now about how much better Disney coffee is than anywhere else. :rotfl2:

It's a very nice walk in the morning. Definitely less than ten minutes. The food place is called Picabu on the first floor of the hotel.

Thank you so much! At least last year we were able to get the Kona coffee since we stayed at the Poly. Being able to get Starbucks has made me so happy!:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter