Why is the Art of ANimation resort so expensive?

:) Because they can...if they build it...they will come. Have a great trip. The resort looks great.

I think they are only offering suites for reservation right now. It should get cheaper once the regular rooms open up.

I think they are only offering suites for reservation right now. It should get cheaper once the regular rooms open up.

Agreed. They are only offering suites right now which are significantly more expensive. But once the standard rooms open (Little Mermaid bldg), they should be more in line with the value pricing. :)

They are only $344 from the 17-23 for Thanksgiving. The ASMu suites are $294. So, they are $50 more per night than the other value suites. That is pretty significant, but they are new and do look nicer.

In December, when 'Little Mermaid' is scheduled to open, AoA is $179 and the other values are $169.

They are only $344 from the 17-23 for Thanksgiving. The ASMu suites are $294. So, they are $50 more per night than the other value suites. That is pretty significant, but they are new and do look nicer.

In December, when 'Little Mermaid' is scheduled to open, AoA is $179 and the other values are $169.

The also have 3 separate sleeping areas where ASMs only has two.

Denise in MI

Pop is also more expensive than the All Stars, just because they can.

Denise in MI

A suite sleeps 6
The walk-in pool is very "mod-like"
The suites have kitchenettes
The suites have 2 bathrooms
The food court will be very "mod-like"
The inside entrances are not value-ish at all

Yep - they can charge whatever people will pay for this resort.

They really knew what they were doing when they built AoA. The family of 5 or 6 is limited in room choices. This is their answer.

We'll be staying there in August. We're really excited! :banana:

Yeah, I think "because they can" nails it. It is new, very hyped, and has themes that will thrill just about every kid.

Some of the things they're selling as perks really turn me off - inside hallways but no balcony means no way to get fresh air in the room at all, and three separate sleeping spaces translates into fewer beds so someone is stuck sharing, plus one of those beds in the "kids" space has no view of the TV if they want to relax and watch a movie. This family of 5 will be sticking to the ASMu suites, Ft Wilderness cabins, or splurging on a sleeps-5 deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter